What do HT amps cost in India

Srinath_seshadri

I have a sudden thought.
Just as an example - what would a Denon avr 1910 cost in India.

The background:
I have in the last 5-6 years bought lots of audio. And about 3 years ago, I helped a colleague fill a container with some audio to take to India. I bought the component used, and we packed it to take a trip across the ocean. He was happy when it got there.

I am wondering if its a feasible idea to get this sort of thing going. I dont know if this Denon can be swicthed to 220v but I see a some of you guys have bought things made for a different voltage and you are runing it off a step up trafo - but a few years ago I bought an onkyo TX SV 909 which can be switched if I recall, and you swap a fuse internally and we did that before sending it on. We couldn't test it after we did it though.

Thanks.
Srinath.

AVRs are heavily priced compared to US. But Voltage converters would be risky, unless you can buy a good brand with enough wattage to support the power pull from AVRs. Speakers are competitively priced. In fact with stores like Hifimart.com you may even get good deal on AVRs sometimes. If you have lot of other items shipping in container then you can at least ship your speakers , if not the AVRs. Good speakers have a long life.

Check out hifimart.com, profx.com, htstore.in and see the prices for AVRs and check out the dollar equivalents. You can find if it is worth the effort to ship it all the way across globe.

I wouldn't run a AVR on a step up trafo. The AVR would have to have an internal conversion, most of them do. I am working on a NAD T 742 that has a fuse block and a solder point that says 220/240V that is unused. I suspect there is a transformer winding segment that isn't used in the 110 segment, you solder that to the open point and move the fuse block over and it will work. I cant test it, but It looks that way.
Speakers - we take components out of the cabinet and only send that.
I send stuff to Israel and Australia and South africa all the time. These are motorcycle parts usually. Anyway you take the drivers out and only send those. I've sent a few of those as well.

Now the thing though is these things are pretty inexpensive in the US used. I paid $50 for the denon avr 1910, in rather dented and scratched condition and without a remote, but it works well. I've bought some killer amps for under $200. Speakers too. I also have bough these in semi functional condition for a lot less. Like $20 for the nad t 742 with remote and manual, but it was shutting off. I am trouble shooting it to get it working. anyway we dont go to a new retailer, we buy used.

Cool.
Srinath.

what would a Denon avr 1910 cost in India
Answer to your question on the thread - They cost a Bomb :eek:hyeah: Denon 1910 should be roughly 40K if i recollect the price fairly...

I paid $50 for the denon avr 1910, in rather dented and scratched condition and without a remote, but it works well.
$50 for a Denon 1910 ? :eek:hyeah: An used Denon 1910 in the same condition as yours, would sell for 10K here...

For $50 in india, i can't even get a remote for Denon 1910...

He he, the remote I ordered for it was $25 - it was 1/2 the price of the amp.

The pre HDMI amps are much much cheaper, I've bought bigger and better and nicer amps for less.

Like this masterpiece for $150 - I might go get it in a day or 2.
YAMAHA Amplifier DSP-A1
Yamaha DSP A 1 - fantastic price, I have owned 3 DSP 3090's and use one right now. Killer amp. damn good sound field choices. Great amp overall. A1 is more power.

Cool.
Srinath.

Answer to your question on the thread - They cost a Bomb :eek:hyeah: Denon 1910 should be roughly 40K if i recollect the price fairly...

$50 for a Denon 1910 ? :eek:hyeah: An used Denon 1910 in the same condition as yours, would sell for 10K here...

For $50 in india, i can't even get a remote for Denon 1910...

WTH - 40K INR is 650 USD - I dont think it was over 350 new.

Cool.
Srinath.

I dont know how you guys are about bose. On some audio forums just mention Bose and there will be a fight.
I have had several pairs of 901's as well as 501, 301, 201 and AM5's, and I like the 301, 201 and 501 as well as the 901 in some locations. Anyway, Here is a good 901 and the seller is a good friend of mine.

Bose 901 Series I - Good condition

I could get it for a better price possibly.
Cool.
Srinath.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back