• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

What happened to Sonodyne?

psidream

Five years back I happened to hear of this brand through the reviews of their acclaimed SM100AK monitors. Shortly after, i had a chance to hear and test out the newer Sonodyne SRP 400 studio monitor(costing around Rs. 50k for a pair) and it literally blew everything else out of the park , even those costing over double its price. I had never heard reverbs and spaces in such detail. We had some direct A/B comparisons done with much more expensive monitors. The brand was also gaining popularity in the west with the new SRP range. I recommended these monitors to a friend.
That was 5 years back.

Then all of a sudden, they disappeared from the online shops outside of India and shortly later, from the pro-audio shops inside India as well. Disappeared from Amazon too. I have no clue what is going on with this company. I visited their official website. There is no customer support number mentioned there. You have to type in your message with your email in there and they would get back to you by email.

Why are there so little outlets for a company that has such amazing reference speakers? I am looking forward to hearing more of their PM series.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

sayan00

I recently went to their service centre at taratolla Kolkata to get an amplifier repaired. I asked them about the lack of listening rooms and they said they are keeping the home audio stuff at dealers who keep various other brands. Auditro in park street is once such place.

Anyway I got my amplifier repaired, service was very cordial and took about a week's time. The place is also a stock yard I suppose and I could see a lot of installation speaker equipment there. They are apparently not concentrating on home audio in the domestic market.

I went to auditro to listen to various equipment including sonodyne, heard the sonus 3155. They were pretty good as compared to the Dali spektor 6. Also heard the Avant t2 but didn't like it much. For the price the Sonus 3155 were fantastic! Finishing was also good. I don't know much about their Pro audio equipment as I have never heard them.

Like you and many others I hope to see them get back into the market. Atleast promote themselves a bit.

ajuvignesh

Five years back I happened to hear of this brand through the reviews of their acclaimed SM100AK monitors. Shortly after, i had a chance to hear and test out the newer Sonodyne SRP 400 studio monitor(costing around Rs. 50k for a pair) and it literally blew everything else out of the park , even those costing over double its price. I had never heard reverbs and spaces in such detail. We had some direct A/B comparisons done with much more expensive monitors. The brand was also gaining popularity in the west with the new SRP range. I recommended these monitors to a friend.
That was 5 years back.

Then all of a sudden, they disappeared from the online shops outside of India and shortly later, from the pro-audio shops inside India as well. Disappeared from Amazon too. I have no clue what is going on with this company. I visited their official website. There is no customer support number mentioned there. You have to type in your message with your email in there and they would get back to you by email.

Why are there so little outlets for a company that has such amazing reference speakers? I am looking forward to hearing more of their PM series.
Sorry for off topic but same story for equator audio. All of a sudden, they stopped selling and now their website is non-functional. As far as I know, sonodyne makes great studio monitors that were often compared to even genelecs. Wish they stay.

Edit: Found a link to their customer care page where phone number is mentioned.

Maybe they have redesigned their website.

psidream

Sorry for off topic but same story for equator audio. All of a sudden, they stopped selling and now their website is non-functional. As far as I know, sonodyne makes great studio monitors that were often compared to even genelecs. Wish they stay.

Edit: Found a link to their customer care page where phone number is mentioned.

Maybe they have redesigned their website.
I'm getting to hear very bad reviews about Sonodyne's after sales support, which may be a reason why the dealers walked away.
Its a shame that speakers of such high quality have to go down the drain. I was interested in their PM series but now I am reluctant.

preth30

I think dealers stopped stocking sonodyne because of low demand. Don't think me as anti national, but the sound quality and built wise, sonodyne or Norge, cannot match its imported counterparts. On comparison, even the 30 plus year old Japanese vintage stuff easily outperforms the desi stuff. That is why, the vintage stuff is still in demand and is selling at high prices.

SPONSORED ADS