What Hi-Fi Show 2023, Oct 6-8, Bengaluru

Is there anything to be done post registering for this, to get entry for this event?
On a different note, I feel less enthusiastic after seeing the list.

The first time I registered, I didn't receive any confirmation email. However, when I tried again on a different day, I received the confirmation email. If you haven't received the confirmation yet, I would suggest attempting to register once more.

I am not sure if the confirmation email itself acts as the invite though.

The expo featured relatively few audio-oriented brands. Out of all the demos I attended, only two of them featured stereo setups, while the rest were focused on home theater configurations. The Macintosh setup by Thar Technologies and the Kilpsh LaScala by Cinebels were particularly impressive.

Cinebels had the largest exhibition space within a single bouquet room, but due to its size, it was somewhat challenging to fully enjoy the demonstrations due to the disturbances.

Acoustic Portrait's multi-channel amplifier was on demo. Unfortunately, the room was quite crowded, and I couldn't take a picture. Their amplifiers were showcased in acrylic enclosures.

There were a significant presence of projectors at the expo. I must have seen at least 5-6 companies showcasing 4k Ultra short-throw projectors

IMG_9393.jpegIMG_9390.jpegIMG_9388.jpegIMG_9387.jpegIMG_9386.jpeg

IMG_9385.jpegIMG_9382.jpegIMG_9381.jpeg

IMG_1011.jpegAcoustic Portrait & few other photos from Cinebels pavilion, overall experience was average this time, one of recliner which was showcased was impressive though felt like taking small nap 😴. To make the time spent worth, ended up visiting Triumph and Hardly Davidson and took test drive of speed 400 & x440 bikes 😊

IMG_1009.jpeg
IMG_1010.jpeg
IMG_1012.jpeg
IMG_1015.jpeg
IMG_1019.jpeg
IMG_1020.jpeg
IMG_1007.jpeg
IMG_1008.jpeg

Every year the number of Brands is decreasing . Really wished there were more stereo brands and more demo setups .
The Indian Brands, Soniq Lamb headphones , Acoustic Portrait multi channel setup gave great demos. Eight Audio i couldn't experience as it was too crowded.

We need bigger better HiFi shows.
What makes any brand hesitant to join such an event i wonder !

Every year the number of Brands is decreasing . Really wished there were more stereo brands and more demo setups .
The Indian Brands, Soniq Lamb headphones , Acoustic Portrait multi channel setup gave great demos. Eight Audio i couldn't experience as it was too crowded.

I feel the cost of stall rent seems to be very high, which makes the Indian dealers/manufacturers to restrain them selves in showcasing their products. Being in Bengaluru, will the 'Indiq' be able to bear the cost of such event participation looking into price bracket of their products?
Is it really necessary to host Hi-fi Audio events in such a exquisite star hotels? Like Diamond Jewellery exhibition?

I spoke to one of the folks displaying, the cost was almost 3.7L per room and to add to that the cost of transportation if equipment , setting up and people is pretty high.

The Idea behind shows is to see what all is possible but in the end connect with the dealer to get the experience and buy.

On the 2nd day Both Acoustic portrait for multichannel Audio and the Klipsch La Scala + Conrad johnson were both excellent.

1000142868.jpg1000142882.jpg1000142884.jpg1000142896.jpg
The AP room. In my opinion it was the best sounding room. The transparent fibre cabinet covers to show the internals was a great touch. These are for show only and not sold ( I Asked).

I wish there were more dealers and distributors. Profx and other such outlets should have been participating too. Overall the show was quite dull in my opinion. No Polk, Dali, kef, QA, etc. on display.

However there were some new brands , atleast for me , in the show. I really liked the short throw projectors that one brand had on display. Nedis from Netherlands, was there too, who is the parent company of popular brands such as profigold, bandridge, etc.

More distrubors and dealers would have made this show a lot better.

MaSh

The headphone demo by Sonic Lamb was incredible, especially the bass. However, I'm curious about their long-term comfort. It would be great if they offered more versatile headphone options beyond just bass-focused ones.

Eight audio had a fantastic home theatre setup. I was amazed by the level of detail in the Dunkirk movie clip. Even the smallest sounds like metal clinking and leaves rustling were incredibly clear. The subwoofer's bass was a real treat. They were using their own 3-channel Class D power amp for the front channels, while the surrounds and possibly the subwoofer were powered by a Marantz AV receiver. I asked them to switch to stereo mode, and it was quite impressive.

Did anyone manage to check out the Sennheiser exhibit? Unfortunately, when I went, they were out for lunch, and the room was locked when I returned an hour later.

What kind of freebies did you all pick up? I got a smart thermos flask from Thar Technologies and a smiley ball from Recliners India.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back