What is happening with Audire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What is happening at chennai?

just a thought(request)...would it be possible to change the title of this thread since the current message is a bit misleading....

Hi Moktan,

Please do not say that you are not competent enough to write your impressions on the Callisto. For me the fact that you have required this sort of a setup for your music is proof enough that you can let us know more about these speakers. I know that you are deeply into jazz (I quietly read all your discussions mostly on jazz in a thread a few weeks ago. However, I kept quiet because I have very little knowledge in that area, but wanted to learn about that genre). Please do not worry too much about technical knowhow. Just use your strength and in your own way describe your speakers to us.

Give us a picture or two of these speakers, from different angles. Describe their size and weight. Describe the full setup including other equipments, cables and setup (like speaker placement, room size etc). Give us a bit of technical details on these from the literature available to you. Then just describe the speakers musically: their strengths etc, what you find in them that you like and did not perhaps find in other speakers you have heard.

I am in the same boat as you are. I get involved in music more than I tend to notice the equipments, and I do not have much of a technical knowledge.

Please let us know also about the Metis amp. Give us a sneak preview. Unfortunately you and gobble may be our only source to know about these products until Audire relaunches and improves their webpage.

Also, let us know the approximate prices.

Regards.

Hi Moktan,

Please do not say that you are not competent enough to write your impressions on the Callisto. For me the fact that you have required this sort of a setup for your music is proof enough that you can let us know more about these speakers. I know that you are deeply into jazz (I quietly read all your discussions mostly on jazz in a thread a few weeks ago. However, I kept quiet because I have very little knowledge in that area, but wanted to learn about that genre). Please do not worry too much about technical knowhow. Just use your strength and in your own way describe your speakers to us.

Give us a picture or two of these speakers, from different angles. Describe their size and weight. Describe the full setup including other equipments, cables and setup (like speaker placement, room size etc). Give us a bit of technical details on these from the literature available to you. Then just describe the speakers musically: their strengths etc, what you find in them that you like and did not perhaps find in other speakers you have heard.

I am in the same boat as you are. I get involved in music more than I tend to notice the equipments, and I do not have much of a technical knowledge.

Please let us know also about the Metis amp. Give us a sneak preview. Unfortunately you and gobble may be our only source to know about these products until Audire relaunches and improves their webpage.

Also, let us know the approximate prices.

Regards.

+ 1 to that

yes, moktan we are all waiting for this info that Asit wants.

Last edited:

yes i will definitely put those points across and i am sure from what i know of mr. sandeep nair's humility he will address them right here in this forum...but forum members will be intrigued to know that mr. nair informed me that the delay in my Metis was due to the fact that they were 'inundated' with orders..i am not sure whether he was talking about humble ordinary users like myself or bigger companies like Bang and Olufsen and Nuforce for which(or rather with whom) they develop 'ruler flat frequency response amplifiers'....

This is very interesting information, Moktan. Would love to hear more about this from Mr. Sandeep Nair if possible.

And it would be a great help if the website is up so that we can obtain contact details etc.

Could it also be that niche audiophilia generally goes with tubes.....so by sticking to solid state they miss out on some of the market? I am not sure I am phrasing this correctly, but I hope you get what I am saying...

For sure, that is true!

Asit sir,
Thank you for your kind words.
yes with due respect to some forum members i find this agonizing search for the perfect equipments a bit of a dampner since we want to get on with the music....
The physical aspects of the speakers are as follows: dimensions 36" X 18" X 10" (in inches)..weight 165 pounds per speaker...the finish is very good, the paint job belies some of the earlier forum impressions about audire speakers being ugly...
other technical details are as follows:
frequency response 50Hz to 22Khz, sensitivity 94W/db/M., nominal impedence 8ohms and power handling 65watts.....the back loaded horn cabinet houses 6inch fostex 166E driver...

however what makes me love these speakers is the fact that they give the sort of music that i listen to a magical proximity.. as if sony rollins was blowing his saxophone just in front of me (and yes many times i have mistaken some stray sound, noise. etc to have come from the speakers..)..the speakers can go loud though i don't see any need or reason for such high levels of volume...and yes compared to my earlier speakers these are a revelation..i can hear those subtle sounds in a transparent, clean sort of way that puts almost no strain on the ears (and i do spend a lot of time listening to music..you can say i binge on music whenever i get the time)...the down side is a peculiar strain (focussed treble??) on some vocals which mr. sandeep and Gobble told me was something called 'shout'..but this was not the rule with all recordings, those that presumably corrected this issue did not 'show' anything..
by the way i use Marantz 6002 cd player and NAD C 325 BEE amps ..
as for the Metis this is the specification...
POWER OUTPUT : 30WPC
TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION : 1% THD AT FULL POWER
NOISE: 70uv
WEIGHT: 18KGS APPROX
DIMENSIONS: 18" width X 16" depth X 4" height
OVER LOAD AND DC PROTECTION CIRCUITRY
STANDARD BINDING POSTS ACCEPTING BANANAS AND SPADES
ALL ALUMINUM MODULAR CONSTRUCTION
POWDER COATED BLACK FINISH....

Great beginning, moktan. Please do keep us posted with more details whenever you have the time: like the pictures, the way you have placed them, if they are sensitive to placement (distance from walls etc), if they are toed in or not etc. Also if you can, please give us some idea about the price. BTW, what were your previous speakers you mentioned in your post?

And, lastly but not the least, please do not call me "sir", as I have requested a few times in this forum.

Regards.

PS: By any chance, are you located anywhere near Kolkata? If yes (wishful thinking?), I would have gone and listened to your speakers.

As Asit said - good beginning, Moktan.

Any indicative prices on the Callisto speakers? And the Amp?

Asit, I am located at Kalimpong and will definitely host you if you happen to be in my neck of the woods.
About the price- I paid around 32K for the Callistoes.
The Metis is a pyramidal amplifier which when it hits the markets will be sold in the range of 68K.
I will definitely post the pictures.
Thanks everyone.

But all said and done I still think Audire may be having an excellent product, catering to a very niche affording clientile abroad. Maybe it's their marketing strategy or launch pad but atleast I wouldn't want to associate with a company that doesn't have their basics right; website not running.
--
Bryston + B&W

Hi Moktan,

Thanks for the inputs so far. Would be eagerly waiting for the pictures.
If you tell us about your previous speakers and tell us the major areas of improvement with the new speakers (although you did briefly touch on it), we would be in a better position to understand the Callistos a bit better (because the rest of the chain comprising of the Nad c325bee and the Marantz 6002 is pretty familiar to most of us).

Moktan, I have been to Darjeeling, but have never been to Kalimpong. Would definitely be there someday, hopefully in the near future. Thanks for the invitation, gladly accepted. Please do not hesitate to contact me whenever you visit Kolkata.

Regards.

First of all, I would like to apologize to all those of you who have tried in vain to access our website in the past few months, owing to a very malicious virus, we had to take the website down and inspite of the trying various methods of getting rid of this virus, our web designers had no luck. Last week however, we successfully migrated to a new hosting service, and thus far we have seen no signs of this virus, and our website has passed the google web safety check. If all goes well, we will have the website up and running in the first week of november at the latest.

Once again my most sincere apologies to all of you for this lapse.

I also see, cropping up consistently on the forums, a debate about the affordability of our products. While I do concede that some of products (like the andromeda lineage speaker systems, reference grade amps, and levitation racks) are expensive, most of our products are far more affordable and of much higher inherent value than anything you can find on the audiophile market anywhere in the world today. If you ask any of person who has purchased our products he will tell you that he has got his money worth and some. We price our products in a fashion that enables infinite flexibility to our customers, so all of you out there who think our products are not affordable, I can say confidently, that that is not the case.

We have a entire range of products set for launch next year and details of all of them should be available on our website soon. With these new products, you will be able to see that we have made our products of even higher quality, utilizing the best components money can buy, and have consequently made them of much higher value to our customers.

I hope I have answered some if not all of your queries. If there is anything you would like to know, please do not hesitate to contact
me at [email protected],
or sharath at [email protected],
our alternate email ids are
[email protected] and
[email protected].

You can also email us at [email protected] for general queries.

If you would prefer to contact us by telephone, you can call
me at (0091) 9003344644 and/or
sharath at (0091) 9003355444.

Thanks and Regards,
Sandeep Nair

In regards with what we at Audire have been doing in the past few months, here is a quick look:

Firstly, we have been entirely occupied with our new multi driver loudspeaker (as prabin correctly pointed out : named The Seraphim), of which I am not revealing any details as of now. Rest assured, when it is launched, it will be one of the world's best designed speakers. We are very excited about this project!

Secondly, we have launched the IO2 tru horn system, which is by far the best system that money can buy, it is very affordable and compact and offers you excellent sound quality in terms of its transparency and unbelievably large soundstage. Currently, VenkatCR is demoing one of these in his place, and we eagerly look forward to hearing his views on the IO2, which is, in terms of design, construction and sound, a quantum leap in our standard lineage of speakers. These speakers are available optionally made from glass as well, for those who are looking for a lifestyle design.

Thirdly, we have launched the Andromeda EM2.5 loudspeaker as mentioned in one of my earlier posts, a high end single driver loudspeaker featuring custom made single drivers from Japan. These have also been featured in AV max last month, and a detailed review of the same will follows.

Fourthly, our new generation of power conditioners is now in production, featuring even better build quality, better components and wiring, Firstimpressionmusic 24k gold sockets, billet chassis, and blackdiamondracing cones for isolation.

Our latest amplifier, the Metis, as Prabin pointed out, will be a 25wpc Class A amplifier, which will be an excellent match with any type of speaker, with excellent bandwidth, extremely low distortion, and dynamics like that of amps of ten times its price! This new design will be available in pyramidal formats and regular rack mount formats for those who prefer the traditional design.

We have also partnered with B&O to create a new line of five channel and 7 channel power amplifiers, which will be recieving their THX ratings soon. These new amplifiers are completely custom built for Audire, and have the lowest distortion ratios you can find in any amp anywhere in the world, even at peak volume levels.

Our newest isolation platform will feature magnetically/pneumatically levitated systems, which offer a resonance frequency of less than 2hz, virtually assuring absolute coloration free signals from your equipment.

Apart from all these products, we are also in the process of organising Arclight Records, which will be our own record label, which will feature talented musicians from India, and other countries, in an audiophile format. The record labels first album is currently being worked on, and once released, will be available through all major cd shops in India, and on Amazon. Our existing clientiele will recieve the cds automatically.

These are a few things which have been going on in our company recently, and in light of our absence from the internet for such a long time, I felt compelled to share these thoughts with you.

I have posted our contact details in a prior post on this very thread, and if any of you wish to contact me or anyone in my company, please feel free to do so.

We are very much available to answer all your questions, and provide you with the best audio equipment you can ever own!

In regards with what we at Audire have been doing in the past few months, here is a quick look:

Firstly, we have been entirely occupied with our new multi driver loudspeaker (as prabin correctly pointed out : named The Seraphim), of which I am not revealing any details as of now. Rest assured, when it is launched, it will be one of the world's best designed speakers. We are very excited about this project!

Secondly, we have launched the IO2 tru horn system, which is by far the best system that money can buy, it is very affordable and compact and offers you excellent sound quality in terms of its transparency and unbelievably large soundstage. Currently, VenkatCR is demoing one of these in his place, and we eagerly look forward to hearing his views on the IO2, which is, in terms of design, construction and sound, a quantum leap in our standard lineage of speakers. These speakers are available optionally made from glass as well, for those who are looking for a lifestyle design.

Thirdly, we have launched the Andromeda EM2.5 loudspeaker as mentioned in one of my earlier posts, a high end single driver loudspeaker featuring custom made single drivers from Japan. These have also been featured in AV max last month, and a detailed review of the same will follows.

Fourthly, our new generation of power conditioners is now in production, featuring even better build quality, better components and wiring, Firstimpressionmusic 24k gold sockets, billet chassis, and blackdiamondracing cones for isolation.

Our latest amplifier, the Metis, as Prabin pointed out, will be a 25wpc Class A amplifier, which will be an excellent match with any type of speaker, with excellent bandwidth, extremely low distortion, and dynamics like that of amps of ten times its price! This new design will be available in pyramidal formats and regular rack mount formats for those who prefer the traditional design.

We have also partnered with B&O to create a new line of five channel and 7 channel power amplifiers, which will be recieving their THX ratings soon. These new amplifiers are completely custom built for Audire, and have the lowest distortion ratios you can find in any amp anywhere in the world, even at peak volume levels.

Our newest isolation platform will feature magnetically/pneumatically levitated systems, which offer a resonance frequency of less than 2hz, virtually assuring absolute coloration free signals from your equipment.

Apart from all these products, we are also in the process of organising Arclight Records, which will be our own record label, which will feature talented musicians from India, and other countries, in an audiophile format. The record labels first album is currently being worked on, and once released, will be available through all major cd shops in India, and on Amazon. Our existing clientiele will recieve the cds automatically.

These are a few things which have been going on in our company recently, and in light of our absence from the internet for such a long time, I felt compelled to share these thoughts with you.

I have posted our contact details in a prior post on this very thread, and if any of you wish to contact me or anyone in my company, please feel free to do so.

We are very much available to answer all your questions, and provide you with the best audio equipment you can ever own!

Hi Sandeep,

re your collaboration with Bang & Oluffsen - is it a collaboration to use their ICE power modules, or something more than that? - and custom-built for Audire by whom?

clarification would be appreciated! and pardon my asking, but - why is not important for you to keep your website in working order and updated. Would be much easier for all of us to get info and post queries if that were so.

regards

Last edited:
Hello Sandeep,
I have read the reviews of Andromeda EM2.5 speakers in AV max. They look stunning. I am amazed by the fact that each of them wighs 200 KG.I am really wondering why a single driver speaker weighs that much.If somebody get them I don't think its a very easy task to lift them.
Thnaks,
Mahiruha.

Last edited:
B&O makes specialized amplifiers according to our specifications for us.

And our website is indeed very important for us! We are working on it, and it should be up next week.

The speaker weigh a lot for numerous reasons. Primarily, the volume required for these drivers is particularly large, requiring a large cabinet. Secondly, our cabinet for the Em2.5 is made of a constrained layer damped laminate which contains many layers of extremely dense material, which causes the weight!

And yes, it does become a botheration moving around, but we like to consider our Em2.5 like a work of art, which is established and not placed! No, seriously, when we deliver the EM2.5s to a customers place, usually me or my partner sharath go along with alteast three of our employees, and place the speakers in the proper positions in the clients place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back