What is the best and cheapest way to ship a bookshelf speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
put a bit of superglue on all the screws/nuts. When i shipped my earlier speakers to someone in the forum, 2 of the screws for the back apparetnly came off due to the rattle of the Surface transport.:sad:
If you have an air transport option take it..it may be well worth the extra cost.

It would be better to use a thread lock like LOCTITE. This will keep the screws in place and also they can be removed subsequently.
Superglue might retain the screws permanently

packers and movers

Good movers and packers manage to do a decent job with household stuff which often includes fragile electronics and glassware, so they have experience in this sort of thing.

Many organizations also use Writer, although I haven't used them personally or heard individuals using it.

You should also get your speakers insured. This will add to the cost but will give you peace of mind.Readmore

What would be the charges of the Movers and Packers? Any Idea?
I don't want to blow up a big amount in shipping only.

Vivek,

After seeing the recent posts I think you should realize that you can't skimp on the shipping costs. Good quality shipping and handling costs money and if you value your speakers you should pay up.

Aggarwal is not that bad actually - I moved a bunch of furniture a few years ago and they were very reasonable considering the care taken to package and deliver the items. Forget speakers I brought crystal glassware and many delicate items. Not a scratch.

Regards.

Vivek,

After seeing the recent posts I think you should realize that you can't skimp on the shipping costs. Good quality shipping and handling costs money and if you value your speakers you should pay up.

Aggarwal is not that bad actually - I moved a bunch of furniture a few years ago and they were very reasonable considering the care taken to package and deliver the items. Forget speakers I brought crystal glassware and many delicate items. Not a scratch.

Regards.

I have realised after many shipping mishaps that it is not just how fragile the item is but the total weight and package size also matters. It is easier to ship small tube amps compared to large speakers. Shipping bookshelves is also easier than floorstanders.

In case of an impact, bigger items suffer more followed by any loosely soldered components and then comes any tightly placed glass in metal frame.

(Though an old thread, the need for transportation always keeps arising no matter how much we try to avoid it.)

Trans move relocation is one of the well known packers and Movers in Hyderabad, this packers and Movers is run by experienced management who have experience in handling household packaging and Moving from Hyderabad to other parts of India. We are well set team of Packers and Movers in Hyderabad who are trained for packing household goods, office equipments, Car shifting etc to major cities like Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Delhi , Gujarat etc. We have Own Fleet of Vehicles and trained Drivers who completely take care of shifting the packed goods safely to the desired destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back