what is the difference between mp3 Vs flac 24bit?

i have have number of mp3 song on my library.i know mp3 files r compressed.so itsn' play full quality.i can read denon cd player used upconverted flac 24bit to play high quality audio.my qustion is
1-what is the difference betwwen mp3 Vs flac 24bit?
2-which audio format gives the best sound quality??
3-if the flac was the best option to play,how 2 convert .mp3 to .flac?
4-mobilephones supports .flac formate or not?
5-which lossless audio formate support mobilephones?

Last edited:
i have have number of mp3 song on my library.i know mp3 files r compressed.so itsn' play full quality.i can read denon cd player used upconverted flac 24bit to play high quality audio.my qustion is
1-what is the difference betwwen mp3 Vs flac 24bit?
2-which audio format gives the best sound quality??
3-if the flac was the best option to play,how 2 convert .mp3 to .flac?
4-mobilephones supports .flac formate or not?
5-which lossless audio formate support mobilephones?

Well, this question has been answered number of times in number of threads.

Anyways,

1. The difference is quality between mp3 and 24-bit FLAC. What you get on audio CD is 16 bit. mp3 is a lossy format.

2. WAV , AU, AIFF are lossless uncompressed audio file formats. FLAC, Apple Lossles and APE etc are lossless compressed firl formats. These formats will give you the best of sound qualities.

3. There is no point in converting mp3 to FLAC. Whatever was lost while ripping mp3 will remain lost. You will need more space for same quality.

4. Most of the mobile phones dont. apple lossless would be a better choice.

Well, this question has been answered number of times in number of threads.

Anyways,

1. The difference is quality between mp3 and 24-bit FLAC. What you get on audio CD is 16 bit. mp3 is a lossy format.

2. WAV , AU, AIFF are lossless uncompressed audio file formats. FLAC, Apple Lossles and APE etc are lossless compressed firl formats. These formats will give you the best of sound qualities.

3. There is no point in converting mp3 to FLAC. Whatever was lost while ripping mp3 will remain lost. You will need more space for same quality.

4. Most of the mobile phones dont. apple lossless would be a better choice.

thank you.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back