What is the name of another tech website most users here are users there as well

arnprasad

Hi All,

May be the question is badly framed. Few months back there was a news on one of our members from Kolkata I think who was physically challenged and bedridden who had passed away. In that thread there was a mention of another website where apparently that news was shared - I guess that website is oriented more towards DIY, computers ..etc rather than audio and video. I did become a member that time but forgot its name.

Reason I ask is that I want my mid teen kids to do a project - IR blaster using node mcu/Arduino with alexa. Need is to control my home theater setup - TV, Receiver, gaming console and Tata sky using voice commands with a wish to change channels as well. I do see some websites and youtube videos - but no one is explaining it step by step as we are technically challenged. Something like below Not sure if I get replies on this website but the other website seems to be the place to go. I did ask this question few years back and everyone was recommending logitech harmony or broadlink kind of devices. I can buy those but wanted more DIY type.

Something similar to this:

Back