What is your configuration for Computer Audio?

I recently updated my old Intel i3 based pc, Here are the specs.

AMD Ryzen-5 3500, MSI X570-A-Pro, Intel 660p nVME 512GB, Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz (8 x 2), Seagate Baracuda 4TB and 2TB, Windows 10 Professional Retail Pack and Corsair Carbide Spec-1. The overall price came around Rs.55k.
Edit : forgot to mention the Graphics card, which is MSI R7 240.

The SSD definitely improved the OS boot time and all the other operations as well.

I recently updated my old Intel i3 based pc, Here are the specs.

AMD Ryzen-5 3500, MSI X570-A-Pro, Intel 660p nVME 512GB, Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz (8 x 2), Seagate Baracuda 4TB and 2TB, Windows 10 Professional Retail Pack and Corsair Carbide Spec-1. The overall price came around Rs.55k.
Edit : forgot to mention the Graphics card, which is MSI R7 240.

The SSD definitely improved the OS boot time and all the other operations as well.
What SMPS model you bought?

Computer streaming audio via Tidal Masters is my primary listening mode.

I have an old Mac mini running Roon core -> Ultrarendu -> Mcintosh MA8900 -> Kef Reference 1s.
Everything including the router is plugged into an Isotek Aquarius, all Isotek power cables.

Audioquest Cinnamon Ethernet cables from the router to the Mac mini & to the Ultrarendu.
Audioquest Carbon USB cable from the Ultrarendu to the Mcintosh”s USB DAC.

Roon core (iMac)-->Ethernet--> Uptone Audio EtherRegen (Farad Super3) + 10mhz external master clock( ppastudio)-->Metrum Ambre modded (Pi4b 4gb) custom Audiolinux ramroot i2s--> Metrum Pavane L3 i2s.
Digital Audio is very complex. But, the results are fantastic.
Next plan is to built a custom fanless pc. HDplex chassis & external power supply with jcat internals. Rest of the things like motherboard, Ram, processor, storage can be bought in India. Software would be audiolinux server. Custom Audiolinux is preferred in well renowned Pink faun 2.16/2.16x streamers.

Last edited:
I am using picoreplayer on raspberry pi 3b+
Allo miniboss DAC with onboard clock.
Self made amps.
1. LM3886,
2. Rod elliotts P3A
3. Single ended mosfet class A amp
4. Right now transconductance amp
5. Self made fullrange customized speaker and woofer and encloser.

Having honeymoon of last build ( transconductance amp). Soon post a thread.....

I use the same source and DAC for my headphone and speakers.
PC (Winyl / Foobar/ Tidal/ Spotify) -> SMSL SU-8 -> M-Stage Monitor HPA-3B -> Hifiman Ananda
PC (Winyl / Foobar/ Tidal/ Spotify) -> SMSL SU-8 -> Marantz PM6006 -> Qacoustics Concept 20

I like the Winly more than Foobar , i find Foobar a little dry for my taste

I use the same source and DAC for my headphone and speakers.
PC (Winyl / Foobar/ Tidal/ Spotify) -> SMSL SU-8 -> M-Stage Monitor HPA-3B -> Hifiman Ananda
PC (Winyl / Foobar/ Tidal/ Spotify) -> SMSL SU-8 -> Marantz PM6006 -> Qacoustics Concept 20

I like the Winly more than Foobar , i find Foobar a little dry for my taste
True. Have been using winyl for a few months now and it definitely is more juicy than foobar.

MaSh

Jplay on laptop usb -> audiogd di20he DDC coax -> r8he dac -> master 1 preamp -> master 3 poweramp -> quad z4

Tidal through bubbleupnp on android. Tightvnc to control laptop remotely

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back