• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

What is your configuration for Computer Audio?

Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport

yogibear

Working on my source. Currently very basic, iTunes, Spotify, Tidal with Objective DAC feeding the tube amp monoblocks.

Next and soon will be PIFI DAC with R Pi 2.

And another DIY DAC with TDA series chip.

My setup has become source dependent as rest of the chain is near optimum.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Gerry_the_Merry

My old Windows Dell Studio with Intel Core 2 Duo with JRiver sounds quite nice, thanks to FM Keith. It is as good as my mac mini, perhaps a bit better. Running JRiver on both. JRiver is less configurable in certain respects than Audirvana Plus as one cannot change rolloff steepness and anti aliasing etc., but has other numerous customizations. But most importantly, it can be controlled from any PC using a JRiver panel web page. One can also stream music from the main mac mini or PC to one's workstation using the same control page. The windows has the advantage that I can use the eSata Port with a docked & powered HDD. In the mac, I am yet to figure out how to set up an equivalent, instead of using the internal SSD as I am forced to do now.

edjamesx

My system built mainly for watching movies & its little old dated ,but still works great .. Except some Dolby signal interruptions for some movies.

Intel I5 processor 2.5 GHZ
2GB ram
1 GB Nvidia Graphics card (with HDMI & DVI output port) - dont remember model number
Xonar sound card with SPDIF out , for dolby signals
500 GB in built hard disk ( no SSD , need to upgrade)
1 TB external hard disk

Player : mostly use Home Cinema media player
Sometimes Roku player

Mayank Shah

Windows 10 - x64 / Intel i5 4460 / Asus H97ME mobo / 16 GB DDR3 ram / Jriver & Foobar
Some German make USB cable
Schiit Modi Multibit
DAC RCA interconnects
Rega Elicit R
Mogami speaker cables
Tannoy XT8F

Last edited:

eastofthesun

Hi Guys , Just added the SOtM sNH - 10G special edition switch to my digital chain along with SOtM iSO- CAT6 isolator . The effect is just sublime and trust me i didnt believe that a switch would make so much of a difference to the audio. I just cant seem to get enough of listening to the current set up.

Cheers!
Anand

swamytk

Here is mine which very very simpler than of most people here:
Hi-Res Music Files in Pen drive => USB => Raspberry Pi 2 B+ => USB => Fiio E10K DAC => RCA => Edifier R1280DB 2.0 Active Speakers
Chromecast Audio => RCA => Edifier R1280DB 2.0 Active Speakers
Computer: Linux => stream to Chromecast

newlash09

Music server : Lenovo Think center M93 fanless
Windows 10 pro
Jriver 24
Audiophile optimizer ver 2.20
Fidelizer pro ver 8.4
Intel i5 4570 T (35w) 2.9 ghz, quad core
256 gb liteon SSD
CD/DVD+ RW for ripping
4 usb 3.0
2 usb 2.0

Haven't tried it yet. As Iam still travelling on work :)

P.S : I bought the above in this present configuration. Iam too dumb at computers to understand what any of those tweaks mean to sound quality. But will give it a spin and compare with my dedicated roon core / roon end point setup , and will revert back with my findings. Thanks :)SmartSelect_20190920-180618_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Naturelover

Staff member
Windows 10 pro
Jriver 24
Fidelizer pro ver 8.4
256 gb liteon SSD
CD/DVD+ RW for ripping
4 usb 3.0
2 usb 2.0

P.S : I bought the above in this present configuration. Iam too dumb at computers to understand what any of those tweaks mean to sound quality. But will give it a spin and compare with my dedicated roon core / roon end point setup , and will revert back with my findings. Thanks :)View attachment 39242
On board, this photo? :)
When getting back home?

SPONSORED ADS

Gerry_the_Merry

Windows 10 pro
Jriver 24
Fidelizer pro ver 8.4
256 gb liteon SSD
CD/DVD+ RW for ripping
4 usb 3.0
2 usb 2.0

P.S : I bought the above in this present configuration. Iam too dumb at computers to understand what any of those tweaks mean to sound quality. But will give it a spin and compare with my dedicated roon core / roon end point setup , and will revert back with my findings. Thanks :)View attachment 39242
Does it have eSATA port?

AV Enthusiast

Hi..! I am using an old IBM Thinkpad ( centrino chip) running Windows 7 32 bit. With Foobar 2000. This is hooked up to a FiiO E10k DAC which is connected to my Yamaha AS500 Amplifier and NS8390 3 way speakers. Plays quite well...

Gerry_the_Merry

If you connect a HDD (especially powered) to that port, it will be considered as good as internal HDD.

preth30

I have not done anything in my PC software for sound. Just windows 10, on board sound (mercury) and the speakers I use is a Logitech Z625, purchased from Amazon for 8500/-. Sounds pretty good, better than my previous Altec Lansing VS 4121. Suggestions to improve the sound are welcome.

Rud31

I have not done anything in my PC software for sound. Just windows 10, on board sound (mercury) and the speakers I use is a Logitech Z625, purchased from Amazon for 8500/-. Sounds pretty good, better than my previous Altec Lansing VS 4121. Suggestions to improve the sound are welcome.
Use this, it considerably improves the sound signature.

sound1

Here is mine which very very simpler than of most people here:
Hi-Res Music Files in Pen drive => USB => Raspberry Pi 2 B+ => USB => Fiio E10K DAC => RCA => Edifier R1280DB 2.0 Active Speakers
Chromecast Audio => RCA => Edifier R1280DB 2.0 Active Speakers
Computer: Linux => stream to Chromecast
Can you please elaborate on this setup? Like:
- What music player are you using? Are you using it as headless PC? Are you using mobile app for controlling playback?
- Are there any issues with RPi compared to a traditional desktop setup? Any data corruption issues? Will it drive an external USB drive?
- Any performance/SQ/codec issues?
- Any other considerations?

Currently I am running Linux (KDE Neon) as my primary PC OS.

Shahrukh

Audirvana on I3 Mac Mini with 4 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD > Chord Hugo 2 via stock USB.

Music Stored on external HDD connected by firewire.

Also Tidal via wifi.

SPONSORED ADS