What is your configuration for Computer Audio?

Hi Guys , Just added the SOtM sNH - 10G special edition switch to my digital chain along with SOtM iSO- CAT6 isolator . The effect is just sublime and trust me i didnt believe that a switch would make so much of a difference to the audio. I just cant seem to get enough of listening to the current set up.

Cheers!
Anand

Here is mine which very very simpler than of most people here:
Hi-Res Music Files in Pen drive => USB => Raspberry Pi 2 B+ => USB => Fiio E10K DAC => RCA => Edifier R1280DB 2.0 Active Speakers
Chromecast Audio => RCA => Edifier R1280DB 2.0 Active Speakers
Computer: Linux => stream to Chromecast

Music server : Lenovo Think center M93 fanless
Windows 10 pro
Jriver 24
Audiophile optimizer ver 2.20
Fidelizer pro ver 8.4
Intel i5 4570 T (35w) 2.9 ghz, quad core
256 gb liteon SSD
CD/DVD+ RW for ripping
4 usb 3.0
2 usb 2.0

Haven't tried it yet. As Iam still travelling on work :)

P.S : I bought the above in this present configuration. Iam too dumb at computers to understand what any of those tweaks mean to sound quality. But will give it a spin and compare with my dedicated roon core / roon end point setup , and will revert back with my findings. Thanks :)SmartSelect_20190920-180618_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Windows 10 pro
Jriver 24
Fidelizer pro ver 8.4
256 gb liteon SSD
CD/DVD+ RW for ripping
4 usb 3.0
2 usb 2.0

P.S : I bought the above in this present configuration. Iam too dumb at computers to understand what any of those tweaks mean to sound quality. But will give it a spin and compare with my dedicated roon core / roon end point setup , and will revert back with my findings. Thanks :)View attachment 39242

On board, this photo? :)
When getting back home?

Windows 10 pro
Jriver 24
Fidelizer pro ver 8.4
256 gb liteon SSD
CD/DVD+ RW for ripping
4 usb 3.0
2 usb 2.0

P.S : I bought the above in this present configuration. Iam too dumb at computers to understand what any of those tweaks mean to sound quality. But will give it a spin and compare with my dedicated roon core / roon end point setup , and will revert back with my findings. Thanks :)View attachment 39242
Does it have eSATA port?

Hi..! I am using an old IBM Thinkpad ( centrino chip) running Windows 7 32 bit. With Foobar 2000. This is hooked up to a FiiO E10k DAC which is connected to my Yamaha AS500 Amplifier and NS8390 3 way speakers. Plays quite well...

I have not done anything in my PC software for sound. Just windows 10, on board sound (mercury) and the speakers I use is a Logitech Z625, purchased from Amazon for 8500/-. Sounds pretty good, better than my previous Altec Lansing VS 4121. Suggestions to improve the sound are welcome.
Use this, it considerably improves the sound signature.

Here is mine which very very simpler than of most people here:
Hi-Res Music Files in Pen drive => USB => Raspberry Pi 2 B+ => USB => Fiio E10K DAC => RCA => Edifier R1280DB 2.0 Active Speakers
Chromecast Audio => RCA => Edifier R1280DB 2.0 Active Speakers
Computer: Linux => stream to Chromecast
Can you please elaborate on this setup? Like:
- What music player are you using? Are you using it as headless PC? Are you using mobile app for controlling playback?
- Are there any issues with RPi compared to a traditional desktop setup? Any data corruption issues? Will it drive an external USB drive?
- Any performance/SQ/codec issues?
- Any other considerations?

Currently I am running Linux (KDE Neon) as my primary PC OS.

Audirvana on I3 Mac Mini with 4 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD > Chord Hugo 2 via stock USB.

Music Stored on external HDD connected by firewire.

Also Tidal via wifi.

I recently replaced my Intel NUC by an Adlink fanless computer. It definitely brought in improvement but NOT because of any computing related changes but it made me realize that fan noise from NUC was definitely interfering with my listening experience.

I work from home and so have a home office ;) my workstation is my music source. So my speakers have a full-time job of singing behind me while I work. I have 2 monitor setup, one for work which is Dell 2412M 24" while the other is Asus VG248QE 24" and this hooked up to i7 3.9Ghz 3rd gen, 16gb Corsair vengeance with GTX1660 TI 6GB gpu :)

I'm using Apple Music as a source player and have AppleMusic membership because it provides far superior audio codecs than Amazon music and Spotify.

What one thing I don't like about AppleMusic is it eats more background resources than Amazon Music and Spotify. A low-end PC might struggle running it if you are working on Photoshop, illustrator or Premiere simultaneously.

I'm now using FiiO K3 DAC ( great performer in a tiny package I should say ) hooked up to my PM5005 with RTI A3.

That's the simple and modest system I'm using which has been serving me for work, music and gaming. Just made a deal of TEAC eq which will be an addition to my rig :cool: just for some lights syncing with music lol

If now you are reading this line, Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Windows 10 Pro (1903)
16 GB RAM
i5 4440 @ 3.10Ghz
Media Monkey Gold
Marantz PM 7005 Vis USB - DAC
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
Hear only Flac and WAV files...
Myself, My room, My computer, My Amp & My Speaker is a total bliss...

Last edited:
Mine is a very Simple setup
Mac Desktop optical out into Paradigm PW Amp running a pair of KEF iQ5

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back