What is your configuration for Computer Audio?

Doesn’t everything in your Chord dac get reclocked inside?

Am not very familiar with Chord, but in the Yggy it did, eliminating the need for a reclocker

Prem, I have no idea about reclocking in the Chord but I do know that the USB output sounds best in the Chord and I bought it for that very reason to use it with my laptop...Let me check on the 2Qute forum about the reclocking...

@rikhav The 2Qute USB sounds very good even better than it's SP/DIF output and therefore no point spending money on a USB to SPDIF convertor...

Suggest you check with Chord about adding a reclocker. I don’t think you will need it

Prem, I have no idea about reclocking in the Chord but I do know that the USB output sounds best in the Chord and I bought it for that very reason to use it with my laptop...Let me check on the 2Qute forum about the reclocking...

@rikhav The 2Qute USB sounds very good even better than it's SP/DIF output and therefore no point spending money on a USB to SPDIF convertor...

Panditji
In that case you should buy the w4s relocker only after writing to chord and confirming if it has an inbuilt relocker or not

I think you're using the 2Qute and as far as I know it doesn't have a built in reclocker.

Some devices benefit tremendously from a reclocker/regen and some not so much so let me add to what I suggested about the benefit - your DAC will benefit but the quantum of benefit MAY not be as much as others will. How much is much can only be determined after an audition in your chain.

BTW, I suggest you also look at the Ideon Audio 3R USB reclocker. I've been hearing nothing but good about it.

Last edited:
Macbook Pro - Airport Express - Optical out to DAC - Modi multibit - Magni 3 - Marantz PM 6005 - KEF Q300 speakers on isoaccoustic stands

Software: Linux KDE Neon > MusicBee (on wine) OR QuodLibet >> [Hardware]

[Hardware-1]: Shuttle SH97R6 > (i5 4690K) > Aune T1 (Genalex GoldLion Tube) > LineOut > AudioArt IC-3 > ClassDAudio SDS 254 > BlueJeansCables (12AWG) > BJC BananaPlugs > AperionAudio 5B (sub changes often)

[Hardware-2]: Shuttle SH97R6 > (i5 4690K) > Aune T1(Genalex GoldLion Tube) > HeadphoneOut > MrSpeakersMadDog

I think you're using the 2Qute and as far as I know it doesn't have a built in reclocker.

Some devices benefit tremendously from a reclocker/regen and some not so much so let me add to what I suggested about the benefit - your DAC will benefit but the quantum of benefit MAY not be as much as others will. How much is much can only be determined after an audition in your chain.

BTW, I suggest you also look at the Ideon Audio 3R USB reclocker. I've been hearing nothing but good about it.
If one is using windows or Mac based transport then reclockers certainly makes the audible difference and it is not the case with linux based transport.
Many DACs use inetrnal clock for signal received from USB and in the case of SPDIF they use source clock as reference , so in this case product like SINGXER SU-1 (with chrytek clock) provide better sound , so instead of changing your existing DAC , feed it with better clock and results will be outstanding. In this digital age , source holds so much importance that , it can bring day and night difference but it is the most underrated component till date .

so instead of changing your existing DAC , feed it with better clock and results will be outstanding. In this digital age , source holds so much importance that , it can bring day and night difference but it is the most underrated component till date .

I was thinking of going the *rendu way.

Read this and a number of other articles and reviews on the 'net (this one tipped me over and got Eitr. I don't have the equipment or ears to compare with other devices and test the source agnostic claim/ capability but it certainly is the err schiit in my rig! I have no plans of changing the zbox for SQ reasons (for Roon reasons I might)

ciao
gr

I was thinking of going the *rendu way.

Read this and a number of other articles and reviews on the 'net (this one tipped me over and got Eitr. I don't have the equipment or ears to compare with other devices and test the source agnostic claim/ capability but it certainly is the err schiit in my rig! I have no plans of changing the zbox for SQ reasons (for Roon reasons I might)

ciao
gr
There are many devices like this and many claims available on internet, what you really get is what excels in your Rig after comparing. SBAF is heavily biased towards Schiit products , so I dont take their views seriously. I know many guys who dumped Eitr after comparing it with Singxer SU-1 and still some favours Eitr..so ultimately it is your ears that makes the difference...
and my point of view was to emphasize the imporatnce of source... be it any brand or make...

Schitt is very good for its price but the way guys make it out to be the ultimate, it’s not. There’s just too much of fAn boy stuff happening on Schitt. I owned the Yggdrasil. So speaking from personal experience.

Ditto with Tekton. I own the DI SE. It’s great value for money. But it’s not like the ultimate speaker. Depending on ones listening taste and preferences there are many good options available for a dac or a speaker

Schitt is very good for its price but the way guys make it out to be the ultimate, it’s not. There’s just too much of fAn boy stuff happening on Schitt. I owned the Yggdrasil. So speaking from personal experience.

Ditto with Tekton. I own the DI SE. It’s great value for money. But it’s not like the ultimate speaker. Depending on ones listening taste and preferences there are many good options available for a dac or a speaker
Perhaps the way to look at it that it's ultimate at that price point.

Not really. At Yggdrasil price point you have a Chord Hugo or a Denafrips or a Holo Spring Dac or a Metric Halo. I can name many more. All of these are great dacs at their price point, each with its own sound signature

Lenovi i7 laptop (foobar and MPC-HC) to USB DAC + amp (fiio kunlun e18) to marantz PM 6006 to Energy CF 70 speakers.

Nice setup. Did you try to use the built in DAC in your Marantz?

MaSh

Use it with the TV when playing Amazon Prime or You Tube via the TV app. Performs well.
Have a BluRay player which I might try to play my old CD collection but haven't got around to doing that yet.

Use it with the TV when playing Amazon Prime or You Tube via the TV app. Performs well.
Have a BluRay player which I might try to play my old CD collection but haven't got around to doing that yet.
Do comparos and risk wounding your wallet. I had a pm6005 for a longish while. Therefore.

It's all good and enjoyable, till you get all comparison making.

Ciao GR

Do comparos and risk wounding your wallet. I had a pm6005 for a longish while. Therefore.

It's all good and enjoyable, till you get all comparison making.

Ciao GR

Haha..thanks. I moved from 5.1 to 2 channel and am loving it. So dont see myself upgrading for a while.

I just recently used the Fiio E18 with the Nvidia shield as it lacks a audio out. So the Pi3 build that I was going to work on is now shelved as the Shield is a great product and does the job. Loving it! So based on this config and my recently purchased nintendo switch, I think I am all done for a couple of years!!! ..I think:)

External reclocker vs. USB:i2s converter (e.g. Singxer) vs. USB:Coaxial Converter (e.g. M2 Tech/Berkeley) vs. USB input on the DAC

Has anyone compared the results, other things remaining the same?

Thanks

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back