What Really Defines Good Bass In Sound Reinforcement?

The best bass I have heard has usually been outdoors - mostly on rooftops due to the absence of nearby reflections. I threw a shindig recently where music was being played over bluetooth from an Ipad to an Aiyima A08 Pro (36V 6A brick) + Klipsch RP600M and the sound was simply sublime - ppl couldn't help but groove and how!

I found it to be the great, and without a subwoofer at that, because it was even handed and reproduced in its full glory without any peaks and dips - no room nodes to worry about! I kept the loudspeakers close to the backwall to add in some reinforcement. Notwithstanding, the bass was balanced and the decay was delectable with no overhang. One of the more interesting things to note was that the bass felt full and punchy throughout the entire space and even at the far end 30 feet away.

Imho, If one hasn't experienced their hifi setup in the great outdoors, it'll be missing out on a great hifi experience in the best room of them all.

Some morning pics before the pack up:

Attachments

• 20231210_112654.jpg
    20231210_112654.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back