what speaker i should buy for Marantz/ denon

Whoever said Polk specially RTi series is for movies, I am pretty sure he never auditioned it. Making comments out of prejudice is not very helpful for new comers. But I have strong doubt Marantz 6006 may not have enough power to play with Rti-A7. I would strongly recommend first buy the MARANTZ 6006 then carry it to various dealers for audition and make your choice. I have listened KEF Q900. If u think u r real lover of neutral & flat curve then go for KEF. Polk sounds more live, you can say it add little color if properly powered and make an immediate attention. So arrange an audition with MARANTZ 6006 with KEF & Polk, both are available at Profx. Nobody recommend it, but I will make another recommendation, it is USHER V-602, for vocals, details & punch in same package, which is also within you budget. Before make decision arrange a session with USHER V-602. It will be worthy to make you decision.

I took the plunge with marantz 6006 (fingers crossed, as I've heard completely polar impressions of these from great to crap by different FMs here :eek:) and will be auditioning atleast the MS aviano And kef Q500 atleast (maybe a couple more in the same budget if I am not satisfied with either of the two FS but won't bother wasting any more time if I find them good enough) once the marantz shows up tomm or Tuesday. I think you're in ncr so if you want to team up and tag along for the auditions, you're more than welcome.

I'll be auditioning as soon as I get the marantz. Unfortunately I've wasted a lot of time already and need to get the speakers ASAP so ill be on a strict schedule and my timings probably won't be flexible (10am to 1pm on weekdays is the only free time I have for auditions). Let me know if you're interested. No point in two people making the same mistake at the same time (getting the avr without much of an audition or real world experience). :eek:

i took the plunge with marantz 6006 (fingers crossed, as i've heard completely polar impressions of these from great to crap by different fms here :eek:) and will be auditioning atleast the ms aviano and kef q500 atleast (maybe a couple more in the same budget if i am not satisfied with either of the two fs but won't bother wasting any more time if i find them good enough) once the marantz shows up tomm or tuesday. I think you're in ncr so if you want to team up and tag along for the auditions, you're more than welcome.

I'll be auditioning as soon as i get the marantz. Unfortunately i've wasted a lot of time already and need to get the speakers asap so ill be on a strict schedule and my timings probably won't be flexible (10am to 1pm on weekdays is the only free time i have for auditions). Let me know if you're interested. No point in two people making the same mistake at the same time (getting the avr without much of an audition or real world experience). :eek:

thanks great idea...we will join and do...

1.boston acoustic
2.sonodyne
3.KEF Q700,
4.Monitor Audio Rx6 0r mr 6
5.tannoy merrcury v4
6.quadral argentum 370

This is short list of speaker i am looking forward....need to audition to finalized final two...looking forward for valuable comment...thanks

Having heard 2,3,5 &6, so far I'm more inclined towards kef. Will be getting q500 though if I decide to go with kef. Still got wharfedale and MA to try out. Doubt I'll bother with BA. The more I audition, the more it confuses the crap out of me. Guess I don't really have an audiophile ear here :eek:

Having heard 2,3,5 &6, so far I'm more inclined towards kef. Will be getting q500 though if I decide to go with kef. Still got wharfedale and MA to try out. Doubt I'll bother with BA. The more I audition, the more it confuses the crap out of me. Guess I don't really have an audiophile ear here :eek:

I am in same boat too (The more I audition, the more it confuses the crap out of me)....:eek:hyeah:

Dear Fm
i have finalised list of speaker as first step in building my ht set up..I am looking for best deals i.e value for money so if i am happy with a good offer for kef 700 i will buy it ...if not good offer will go for 2nd option

sorted as per priority...

1. kef 700 along with centre
2.monitor audio Bx6 along with centre
3.kef 500 along with centre
4.Boston aquastic A 360 along with centre
5. Monitor audio Mr6 along with centre
6.sonodyne sonus with avant centre....( i am confused about timber matching but review of sonus centre not good..)

Please do comment and suggest..

If budget is not a constrain for you then go for this.............

Paradigm ...monitor series

Whoever said Polk specially RTi series is for movies, I am pretty sure he never auditioned it. Making comments out of prejudice is not very helpful for new comers. But I have strong doubt Marantz 6006 may not have enough power to play with Rti-A7. I would strongly recommend first buy the MARANTZ 6006 then carry it to various dealers for audition and make your choice. I have listened KEF Q900. If u think u r real lover of neutral & flat curve then go for KEF. Polk sounds more live, you can say it add little color if properly powered and make an immediate attention. So arrange an audition with MARANTZ 6006 with KEF & Polk, both are available at Profx. Nobody recommend it, but I will make another recommendation, it is USHER V-602, for vocals, details & punch in same package, which is also within you budget. Before make decision arrange a session with USHER V-602. It will be worthy to make you decision.

Do you own USHER V-602?:)?

Whoever said Polk specially RTi series is for movies, I am pretty sure he never auditioned it. Making comments out of prejudice is not very helpful for new comers. But I have strong doubt Marantz 6006 may not have enough power to play with Rti-A7. I would strongly recommend first buy the MARANTZ 6006 then carry it to various dealers for audition and make your choice.

I actually did exactly that and not sure if it was the avr or what, but polk A7 sounded really bad compared to kef q700 (demoed both at the same place, with A/B switch box connecting both at the same time). Polks were way too boomy. Especially in non bass heavy tracks. Bass heavy tracks sounded a little better but still too boomy for my taste. IMOtheyll make for a great party speaker where you'd just want to turn the volume as high as possible but not so much if you just want to enjoy a song. For movies (specifically with big explosions and gunshots), polks sounded a bit more live and packed some real punch though. Kef wasn't as good as polks for movies but it still was one of the best I've auditioned so far. You would surely want to add a sub with kef though.

But as I've mentioned a lot of times on these forums, I'm no audiophile, infact I'm a total novice when it comes to hifi so my opinion shouldn't steer anyone away from polks. Not without an audition atleast. :)

Last edited:
1.boston acoustic
2.sonodyne
3.KEF Q700,
4.Monitor Audio Rx6 0r mr 6
5.tannoy merrcury v4
6.quadral argentum 370

This is short list of speaker i am looking forward....need to audition to finalized final two...looking forward for valuable comment...thanks

If ur preference is for movies, pls add deftech to this list... If u are more inclined towards music then add epos epic 5 to the list... Also u could contact avenue sound & ask them if they have anywhere in Delhi to audition pioneer 51FS 5.1 do try that too... A extremely good VFM power package...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back