what speakers for Onkyo Tx-SR605?

vijay_ditango

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and its nice to be here.
I am planning to buy a HDMI capable receiver (supporting HDMI inputs as i plan to buy ps3 which has blueray build in). I found onkyo TX-SR605 fits the bill. I am not sure which speakers to buy with it. I am looking at a 50-75k range for the speakers. Has anyone has any suggestions. thanks.

regards
vijay

If you looking speakers you should consider Tannoy Fusion F1,F2,Centre & Tannoy subwoffers series
it is excellent matching for Onkyo set up.

if you like more about Tannoy and Onkyo contect to Mr.Jignesh and
his mobile number is 09825133320.

Thanks, i will give a call. Is that person in bangalore?.
I was looking at KEF Q5 series, how will that match up with SR605?.

Vijay,

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and its nice to be here.
I am planning to buy a HDMI capable receiver (supporting HDMI inputs as i plan to buy ps3 which has blueray build in). I found onkyo TX-SR605 fits the bill. I am not sure which speakers to buy with it. I am looking at a 50-75k range for the speakers. Has anyone has any suggestions. thanks.

regards
vijay

I am not sure whether you have decided you need a floorstanding model or a bookshelf one.

Also, What is your room size?

If HDMI is not available in the AVR, Is it possible to link HDMI to the TV and add a DA cable to the AVR. Because, this is what the dealer suggested to me. I am not sure though. Will this affect the quality of the sound?

Also, You can add the front plus center now. And progressively add the surrounds and the sub. You may get better models.

Just my thoughts

Thanks

Jay

Jay,
I am looking for floor standing speakers for my room size of 20x12. I have B&W 600 series and Dali 6/5 series in my mind. Will audition once i get 605 (looks like its in huge demand - fresh stocks are expected only in Jan).

Basically i chose 605 because it supports HD audio decoding and as well performs a decent DVD -> HD (720p) video up conversion.

thanks
vijay

Mr.Jignesh is live in Surat and he has excellent home theatre demo room and i think best in Gujarat.

Jay,
I am looking for floor standing speakers for my room size of 20x12. I have B&W 600 series and Dali 6/5 series in my mind. Will audition once i get 605 (looks like its in huge demand - fresh stocks are expected only in Jan).

Basically i chose 605 because it supports HD audio decoding and as well performs a decent DVD -> HD (720p) video up conversion.

thanks
vijay

HI VIJAY

HOW MUCH DOES 605 COSTED U AND WHERE U BOUGHT IT? RGDS:eek:

Vijay,

I am not sure whether you have decided you need a floorstanding model or a bookshelf one.

Also, What is your room size?

If HDMI is not available in the AVR, Is it possible to link HDMI to the TV and add a DA cable to the AVR. Because, this is what the dealer suggested to me. I am not sure though. Will this affect the quality of the sound?

Also, You can add the front plus center now. And progressively add the surrounds and the sub. You may get better models.

Just my thoughts

Thanks

Jay

Yes, u can connect hdmi directly to your HD display with hdmi input and use either optical or digital co-axial input for sound to the AVR.

So , what speakers did u finally buy ?
I have Jamo A 340PDD.3 and they are good .
KEF KHT3005/3005SE are also good choice but a bit expensive.
Do let me know your set-up.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back