What to upgrade first?

Exception is the XLS series, as it has gain selection input for pro and home audio preamps. Also one reason it has RCA inputs, whilst mosr pro amps have XLR only.

Exception is the XLS series, as it has gain selection input for pro and home audio preamps. Also one reason it has RCA inputs, whilst mosr pro amps have XLR only.

Yes, I was just about to mention that.
  • Selectable input sensitivity; 1.4Vrms and .775Vrms options so that amp can be driven at full power

With the XLS series, this should not be a problem when itis set to .775Vrms.

I was against crown and suggested a clean amplifier wattage is not an issue.I have suggested few mames too.

Auditioned marantz 6006 against crown.
Both seemed good with a little better bass on crown and a tad more clarity on marantz like by a smidgen.
Sometimes i feel my ears not are not trained enough to tell a difference.

the fact that you can hear the difference between those two is what matters. Try it with different ones and you can see the crown will perform well. more clarity means the treble is more pronounced. but the crown is sweet sounding given the price point.:cool:

Hey guys
Just a random thing! I dont have 31 posts to be eligible for posting classifieds but i do wish to sell my yamaha dac/streamer/preamp! Any workaround?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back