What to upgrade first?

http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/
will use this one but it does not give any results to share with u guys.
i just need to check that when below 30 hz it is producing bass or not.
Why will your speakers produce bass below 30 hz.i mean they are rated 35hz +/-3db.
So in room response will be down to 30hz.
For below that you will need a sub.

So i did as asked.. i was getting bass across the spectrum. It disappeared completely around 8 hz. It was heaviest around 50 hz and then kept reducing below that point.

Now play some music and check. Leave everything as it is.
Played some techno songs on tidal premium through yamaha. Asked my brother to be the judge. He liked it. Got good bass as well. Like we enjoyed the songs. Gotta take this test with pioneer aswell..

So i did as asked.. i was getting bass across the spectrum. It disappeared completely around 8 hz. It was heaviest around 50 hz and then kept reducing below that point.
Use a spl meter app.
The 50hz one might be the room mode.
And if you are getting heavy bass at 50hz then everything is fine.

Btw..
Y biggest doubt is...
Do u desire pub like bass ?

Basically cant define what kind of bass i like its just that i know when it is not good.
Long story short My ego cud not digest the fact that the bass on pioneer was better :p
Ill perform this test again by connecting yamaha to my avr and perform the tone test followed by songs from tidal and conclude.

Yes. Keep gain at 12:00 and slowly increase gain. If the volume gets too loud, use the preamplifier to control it.

Actually i do like this only.. i take the vol on preamp to half and then increase the gain.
Ill explain the problem in a little more detail.
The yamaha streamer has few options like usb, wifi, BT, tidal to play ur stuff. Now when i played music thru tidal premium it was plenty loud and bass was good aswell. Next i connected bluetooth and played some kumar sanu songs for testing vocals and some light bass. The music was sweet but i guess it was not loud enough even when i cranked up the volume on preamp to full and gain on crown at 3 o clock. i guess this is the reason i kept complaining about not having adequate bass..

The crown is rated for 300 watts per channel into 8 ohms. The speakers have power handling capacity of 300 watts max. They are made for each other. The bass problem you are experiencing is because of the levels in recordings vs streaming . The kumar sanu recordings if not of decent quality, will not have much bass. Happens to music mostly mp3's that are compressed to 128kbps or worse. Find the same songs with better resolution and enjoy it. The hunt for decent music quality is forever for everyone in this digital age.
Get Chromecast and it should do better.

The crown is rated for 300 watts per channel into 8 ohms. The speakers have power handling capacity of 300 watts max. They are made for each other. The bass problem you are experiencing is because of the levels in recordings vs streaming . The kumar sanu recordings if not of decent quality, will not have much bass. Happens to music mostly mp3's that are compressed to 128kbps or worse. Find the same songs with better resolution and enjoy it. The hunt for decent music quality is forever for everyone in this digital age.
Get Chromecast and it should do better.

This cud have been a valid cause if i got the same performance on pioneer. In pioneer i never had this issue of less volume.
What do watts do? Is the loudness of a speakr dependent on watts.? Keeping clarity out of equation is it justified that the pioneer avr is much louder in comparison to crown?

It's because you have gain at 3'oclock. and the volume on the Yamaha high. ( i am guessing)

ya i wud like to know more about this pre and pro mismatch.

I think that people going the Pre-Pro route should take a look at the article below from Audioholics about voltage gain.

https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/amplifier-voltage-gain

In case one has a problem with voltage of pre being lower than voltage required by a pro amp, the following is one of the products that can be used to correct the issue.

https://www.amazon.in/ART-Cleanbox-Pro-CLEANBoxPro/dp/B003S7T49K

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back