What to upgrade first?

You started this thread with lack of bass. First fix it. I would suggest to make a simple connection for music. Route your music to your Yamaha.

Yamaha Pre out to Crown to speakers.

Check if you achieve what you want.

If that doesn't work, "bass" needs to be defined. I am also in a peculiar situation. None of the expensive system could produce the sound signature I wanted. But a simple Iball Tarang could do it. I am cracking my head to find the secrets.

Ok guys please come up with a solution too.
The biggest problem was that since my avr did nit have preouts we bought the yamaha preamp/streamer. Now i watch movies also on my tv thru netflix and amazon prime so i connected one end of the speaker with pioneer in order to save me the hassle of switching cables every single time i wanted to watch a movie( i know i made a blunder) so what is the solution then?

The way you have connected both amps (one of them is AVR) to the same speakers, without removing the jumper, output caps of one of the amps will fry. That's a strict no! Use preamplifier out from wxc 50 to only crown amp to speakers and get back. Don't keep the AVR connected to the speakers even if it's not Powered on!

Give at least 50 hrs for any amplifier to improvise its sound, play YouTube samples for low frequency sounds and let's know, whether the LF response is totally unavailable.

The way you have connected both amps (one of them is AVR) to the same speakers, without removing the jumper, output caps of one of the amps will fry. That's a strict no! Use preamplifier out from wxc 50 to only crown amp to speakers and get back. Don't keep the AVR connected to the speakers even if it's not Powered on!

Give at least 50 hrs for any amplifier to improvise its sound, play YouTube samples for low frequency sounds and let's know, whether the LF response is totally unavailable.

Ok
So if i plan to use avr for movie watching then how to go about it?

Ok
Keep you avr aside.
Connect only the crown and Yamaha as suggested by @drkrack .
And make sure you have connected everything properly.(I think you have always listened to the speakers with crown connected to the mid and high input of your speaker.
Coz when connected properly 30hz in room performed with so much power can give some serious bass!!

You started this thread with lack of bass. First fix it. I would suggest to make a simple connection for music. Route your music to your Yamaha.

Yamaha Pre out to Crown to speakers.

Check if you achieve what you want.

If that doesn't work, "bass" needs to be defined. I am also in a peculiar situation. None of the expensive system could produce the sound signature I wanted. But a simple Iball Tarang could do it. I am cracking my head to find the secrets.

Ya it kinda makes me question the money spent every single day.. a frind of mine has jvc bt speakers which he got for 35k a pair and they are plenty loud and infact the sound is also good.. my one equipment is worth more than that and see.. here i am .. i guess the marginal utility is very low when it comes to expensive equipments..

Ya it kinda makes me question the money spent every single day.. a frind of mine has jvc bt speakers which he got for 35k a pair and they are plenty loud and infact the sound is also good.. my one equipment is worth more than that and see.. here i am .. i guess the marginal utility is very low when it comes to expensive equipments..
It will be very low when not connected properly and not comparing properly.

Keep you avr aside.
Connect only the crown and Yamaha as suggested by @drkrack .
And make sure you have connected everything properly.(I think you have always listened to the speakers with crown connected to the mid and high input of your speaker.
Coz when connected properly 30hz in room performed with so much power can give some serious bass!!
No.. i connected both terminals just yesterday. Before that was using crown yamaha only.

Everyone commenting on this thread have plenty experience.
Listening to different speakers, files, sources, amplifiers, rooms etc etc.
@drkrack got more bass from crown ( which he dislikes and I like )

Have tried this at his home ( everything remaining the same except the amplifier)
That's called a good comparison. ( Don't know about Best methods)

You'll have to connect and disconnect speaker wires every time, that's what I do or use a speaker switch.

a frind of mine has jvc bt speakers which he got for 35k a pair and they are plenty loud and infact the sound is also good.. my one equipment is worth more than that and see.. here i am
I doubt anybody will be able to answer such a question, because the conclusion is the one, has to arrive on his own.

Check speaker cables and Interconnects again, experiment with sensitivity settings. Connect some other source like mobile phone with 3.5mm to Rca out to crown and see. Try the crown in a friend's setup and if the same issue persists take it to service centre. The burning smell might not be a small thing after all.

I am stumped you don't get enough bass from the crown amplifier in comparison to the av receiver.. now that burning smell does raise questions. Try what @drkrack said. Hook up the mobile with a RCA cable directly to the crown and see how it performs.

I tried rca with mobile. Performance was ok. Music was clean and sweet but lacked bass.. its not m not getting any bassbits just that i feel m not getting what i like. Whenever m sitting on a couch or lying on my bed i really feel a strong bass but as soon as i get up like if i am standing i cannot feel the bass that much.

I tried rca with mobile. Performance was ok. Music was clean and sweet but lacked bass.. its not m not getting any bassbits just that i feel m not getting what i like. Whenever m sitting on a couch or lying on my bed i really feel a strong bass but as soon as i get up like if i am standing i cannot feel the bass that much.
It looks like speaker placement issue. Try to move the speakers few inches around.

You want bass while standing ?
My genelec subwoofer gives super deep and strong bass when I sit on bed with back support.
When standing the bass reduces.
That's how bass works..( physics- bass is tactile sensation- you need something under and behind you to feel the deep notes.)(tip- a recliner will give you the best bass) I have experienced it.
If you want strong bass while standing you should get a commercial Cinema subwoofer ( like qsc sb-5118)-
I think you want it to sound like a pub .( I don't think any pub sub will go below 30hz.) But yeah they play super loud.

Aim for good sound in one or maximum 2 situations.

Aiming for good sounding system in all sitting, standing, lying positions isn't possible. ( IMO)

I don't think this the right way to connect the speakers with a single amp.
You need to keep the jumpers (metal plates) connected when you are connecting only one amp to the speakers...
Yes connected the plate again.
Getting a short rca cable tommorrow. Have called someone to my place who also happens to have polk audio RTI A7. Told him about this bass issue he also suggested that its an placement issue.. so lets see.. heard polk with NAD pre power.. only 50 watts per channel.. it was plenty loud and clean sounding.
So lets see how it goes tomm.

i am kinda in a very bad fix right now.
I dont know what is it that i am not getting the sound i wud want with crown yamaha setup. I had invited a person who deals in audio equipments made him listen to both of my setups (AVR) and (crown yamaha) setup he also said the same that the AVR sounds much better.
He suggested to change the Pre amp. He said maybe the yamaha is to blame. We directly connected my phone to crown. The sound was nice but seriously lacked bass.

Yesterday i took my crown amp for a demo.. This person did not have Polk Audio rti's with him but still i decided to give it a shot. We first connected the crown to Denon x4500 with pre outs from denon. The sound was downright crap. Then played directly from Denon, sound was better but not anywhere close to what i wud like. BTW the speakers were emotiva t1. I guess these speakers being 4ohms are hard to drive.
Next we attached emotiva TA-100 the integrated amp with crown and it really enhanced the clarity of those speakers.. the vocals were sweet and everything but still it lacked a bit of the bass. Lastly we played directly thru this integrated amp (TA-100) and then i cud get bass but the clarity was not as good as that of Crown.

Everybody whom i have called in the past 2 or 3 days have said that Crown is a pro Grade amplifier.. Its good but its not meant for Hi fidelity audio.
I dont understand where the issue is. Whether i shud sell Yamaha and get a separate Pre amp for Crown, Whether i should sell yamaha and crown both and get Pre and Power combo from Emotiva( PT 100 & BASx 300) or i should just get a subwoofer SVS PB 1000(of course after returning crown and yamaha and directly connecting it to my current Pioneer AVR)
The guy yesterday was pressing alot on the fact that i shud be adding a sub first before upgrading to anything. He said keeping ur music taste in mind i wud suggest u adding a sub first.

I need your help guys! I have just 2 days left before which i need to return Crown. So i dont have much time and i need to take a call.

i am kinda in a very bad fix right now.
I dont know what is it that i am not getting the sound i wud want with crown yamaha setup. I had invited a person who deals in audio equipments made him listen to both of my setups (AVR) and (crown yamaha) setup he also said the same that the AVR sounds much better.
He suggested to change the Pre amp. He said maybe the yamaha is to blame. We directly connected my phone to crown. The sound was nice but seriously lacked bass.

Yesterday i took my crown amp for a demo.. This person did not have Polk Audio rti's with him but still i decided to give it a shot. We first connected the crown to Denon x4500 with pre outs from denon. The sound was downright crap. Then played directly from Denon, sound was better but not anywhere close to what i wud like. BTW the speakers were emotiva t1. I guess these speakers being 4ohms are hard to drive.
Next we attached emotiva TA-100 the integrated amp with crown and it really enhanced the clarity of those speakers.. the vocals were sweet and everything but still it lacked a bit of the bass. Lastly we played directly thru this integrated amp (TA-100) and then i cud get bass but the clarity was not as good as that of Crown.

Everybody whom i have called in the past 2 or 3 days have said that Crown is a pro Grade amplifier.. Its good but its not meant for Hi fidelity audio.
I dont understand where the issue is. Whether i shud sell Yamaha and get a separate Pre amp for Crown, Whether i should sell yamaha and crown both and get Pre and Power combo from Emotiva( PT 100 & BASx 300) or i should just get a subwoofer SVS PB 1000(of course after returning crown and yamaha and directly connecting it to my current Pioneer AVR)
The guy yesterday was pressing alot on the fact that i shud be adding a sub first before upgrading to anything. He said keeping ur music taste in mind i wud suggest u adding a sub first.

I need your help guys! I have just 2 days left before which i need to return Crown. So i dont have much time and i need to take a call.
return the crown..i can only suggest...after going through all your posts which includes lot of confusion..see post number 185 onwards..when people suggested to buy other than crown....

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back