What to upgrade first?

Guys m facing a very peculiar problem..
I was using crown from the past 2 to 3 days without comparing it to my pioneer receiver as i did not have banana plugs and did not want to go thru the hassle of switching cables...but i realised since myspeakers are bi-ampable i connected one end with pioneer and one end of speaker to crown...
Now the peculiar part is that my pioneer appears to have better bass as compared to crown and loud too
Now technically pioneer is 80 wpc rated( god knows what actually it must be pumping out) and crown is 300 wpc.. now i guess crown shud produce much better bass but thats nt the case.. this whole situation is quite baffling to me.. i compared both using same source same song.. the crown seemed a little crispier( just a little better) but pioneer had much better bass ( better is subjective so lets say more bass) and AVR at -12db seemed much loud as compared to crown at full volume where pioneer cud go to +15.
I tried a few settings on crown as such nothing helped changed input sen to 1.4 but it reduced the overall volume so switched it back to .775.
Tried tweaking crossover but dont know it completely ruined the quality so best setting was no crossover..
Can someone guide me little here...i dont know what is happening here.
Quite confused!

Update :- tried tweaking every setting on yamaha preamp.. so i guess preamp is at its optimum..or maybe it is the culprit dont know...
You are attaching both terminals of your speakers to two amps, without realizing that both terminals serve different purpose....one for high frequency and one for mids and lows....and how you are comparing both amps is surprising...its better you stick to one amp...otherwise you will blow your speakers...

You are attaching both terminals of your speakers to two amps, without realizing that both terminals serve different purpose....one for high frequency and one for mids and lows....and how you are comparing both amps is surprising...its better you stick to one amp...otherwise you will blow your speakers...
So he have connected the crown to high

I can explain. I have connected the lower end of speaker terminals with my crown amp. Rca cable goes from yamaha to crown and every music is played thru yamaha whether be it thru bluetooth or tidal streaming or whether thru usb. (Setup 1)

The upper terminals of my speakers have been connected to pioneer avr and i am playing music directly thru BT on my AVR in plain and simple fashion. Not involving yamaha here.

Rca cables being used are amazon basics and they 4 feet long( just checked).

If my basics needs to be corrected then i am all ears and ill be highly obliged :)

Here sharing pictures of my room aswell..hope this also helps..

Attachments

• 20181123_171727.jpg
    20181123_171727.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20181123_171705.jpg
    20181123_171705.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 12
I can explain. I have connected the lower end of speaker terminals with my crown amp. Rca cable goes from yamaha to crown and every music is played thru yamaha whether be it thru bluetooth or tidal streaming or whether thru usb. (Setup 1)

The upper terminals of my speakers have been connected to pioneer avr and i am playing music directly thru BT on my AVR in plain and simple fashion. Not involving yamaha here.

Rca cables being used are amazon basics and they 4 feet long( just checked).

If my basics needs to be corrected then i am all ears and ill be highly obliged :)
You are doing it all wrong.
One set of terminals is meant for high frequencies only and the other set it meant for the low frequencies. So obviously if you play via any one amp, once you will be missing the high frequencies and the other time you will feel you are missing all the bass.
You need to have an amp capable of biamping.
I advise you to please revert back to the earlier setup before you blow your speakers up.

You are doing it all wrong.
One set of terminals is meant for high frequencies only and the other set it meant for the low frequencies. So obviously if you play via any one amp, once you will be missing the high frequencies and the other time you will feel you are missing all the bass.
You need to have an amp capable of biamping.
I advise you to please revert back to the earlier setup before you blow your speakers up.

By earlier setup u mean pioneer only setup,
Also ill disconnect the wires from pioneer and take it to crown.. that way setup wud be bi wired.. and i guess that wont be a problem? Right?

By earlier setup u mean pioneer only setup,
Also ill disconnect the wires from pioneer and take it to crown.. that way setup wud be bi wired.. and i guess that wont be a problem? Right?
I meant just connect one pair of wires from the crown to the speakers.
Please read thoroughly what biamping means. Don't be so adventurous that you blow stuff up.

And you are trying it without removing the plate!
Please don't try this. It will cause a disaster. Connect only one amp at a time.
Basically i wasnt playing both the amps side by side.. i played each setup separately. Like if i had to play pioneer then crown was completely shut like from the power source itself.

Basically i wasnt playing both the amps side by side.. i played each setup separately. Like if i had to play pioneer then crown was completely shut like from the power source itself.
But still you are keeping wires intact which means there will be flow of power in the direction of other amp. I don't know much technical details but that will cause the amp you are running to see a different load (probably higher) and impedance which may cause it to fail.

I am surprised your Polk has withstood your daily rape especially with this monster Crown. :) Did you find the cause for the smell?

Ok guys please come up with a solution too.
The biggest problem was that since my avr did nit have preouts we bought the yamaha preamp/streamer. Now i watch movies also on my tv thru netflix and amazon prime so i connected one end of the speaker with pioneer in order to save me the hassle of switching cables every single time i wanted to watch a movie( i know i made a blunder) so what is the solution then?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back