What to upgrade first?

Guys got the issue resolved.. properly clipped the wires.. crown is getting better with every song being played.. my gains are set to 3 o clock with my phone volume full.. been playing fron past 2 hours.. no heating issues no fan coming on... finding bass on a lighter side and trebble on a higher side but i guess this can be tweaked in the settings.. music has sweetness too.. initial impressions are good but ill reserve my final judgement for a day or two.. from what i can tell from my little experience is that crown is every bang for your buck.. thanks prateek thanks tuff thanks dheeraj and everyone who suggested this amp :) hope my experience personifies going ahead :)
Give it a 100hrs to burn in...it will give you surprises everyday..and keep the sensitivity to 0.4s not 0.77 and keep the RCA connector between pre and power shortest. if possible use Neutrik speak0n connectors for speaker wires....it will give you a boost in Bass ...
you can ping me for anything you need to ask ...

Give it a 100hrs to burn in...it will give you surprises everyday..and keep the sensitivity to 0.4s not 0.77 and keep the RCA connector between pre and power shortest. if possible use Neutrik speak0n connectors for speaker wires....it will give you a boost in Bass ...
you can ping me for anything you need to ask ...
You mean sensitivity of 1.4? Its getting better and better :p

You mean sensitivity of 1.4? Its getting better and better :p
It has 0.77 and 1.4 options. They recommend to set it at 0.77. You can try both to find what suits best to you. But be careful with the gains in the amp. Start from low, slowly turn higher and stop when the speakers start to distort. At that point, the amp can output 300W RMS @ 8 ohm. Never touch the gains thereafter. You better to find out the cause for the smell and remedy the situation.

nothing to worry about gain..it is not volume...even if kept at 100%...it is not going to harm...me and another FM @tuff is having 100% gain...
sensitivity 0.77 is not recommended...it is only for the low voltage output devices.

Play with advanced bass extension in the app. See if it gets any better.

What RCA cables are you using... Because it's a pro amp... Impedance mismatch happens between pre and power...That's why I said keep the length of the RCA cable short

This has been my order of upgrades -
Speakers -> Amplifiers -> Source -> Power conditioning - DAC -> interconnects -> speaker cables -> source-> Tubes - pre-amp (planned)

Switch your AVR from pioneer to Denon AVR 2500 you will feel a lot of two ch difference in the output as well as clarity.

Guys m facing a very peculiar problem..
I was using crown from the past 2 to 3 days without comparing it to my pioneer receiver as i did not have banana plugs and did not want to go thru the hassle of switching cables...but i realised since myspeakers are bi-ampable i connected one end with pioneer and one end of speaker to crown...
Now the peculiar part is that my pioneer appears to have better bass as compared to crown and loud too
Now technically pioneer is 80 wpc rated( god knows what actually it must be pumping out) and crown is 300 wpc.. now i guess crown shud produce much better bass but thats nt the case.. this whole situation is quite baffling to me.. i compared both using same source same song.. the crown seemed a little crispier( just a little better) but pioneer had much better bass ( better is subjective so lets say more bass) and AVR at -12db seemed much loud as compared to crown at full volume where pioneer cud go to +15.
I tried a few settings on crown as such nothing helped changed input sen to 1.4 but it reduced the overall volume so switched it back to .775.
Tried tweaking crossover but dont know it completely ruined the quality so best setting was no crossover..
Can someone guide me little here...i dont know what is happening here.
Quite confused!

Update :- tried tweaking every setting on yamaha preamp.. so i guess preamp is at its optimum..or maybe it is the culprit dont know...

Guys m facing a very peculiar problem..
I was using crown from the past 2 to 3 days without comparing it to my pioneer receiver as i did not have banana plugs and did not want to go thru the hassle of switching cables...but i realised since myspeakers are bi-ampable i connected one end with pioneer and one end of speaker to crown...
Now the peculiar part is that my pioneer appears to have better bass as compared to crown and loud too
Now technically pioneer is 80 wpc rated( god knows what actually it must be pumping out) and crown is 300 wpc.. now i guess crown shud produce much better bass but thats nt the case.. this whole situation is quite baffling to me.. i compared both using same source same song.. the crown seemed a little crispier( just a little better) but pioneer had much better bass ( better is subjective so lets say more bass) and AVR at -12db seemed much loud as compared to crown at full volume where pioneer cud go to +15.
I tried a few settings on crown as such nothing helped changed input sen to 1.4 but it reduced the overall volume so switched it back to .775.
Tried tweaking crossover but dont know it completely ruined the quality so best setting was no crossover..
Can someone guide me little here...i dont know what is happening here.
Quite confused!

Update :- tried tweaking every setting on yamaha preamp.. so i guess preamp is at its optimum..or maybe it is the culprit dont know...

Keep both at same volume levels when comparing.
Set the volume using any mobile app db meter.
Keep sensitivity at 0.775.

Comparison is only possible at same decibel level.

What about the bass? And it's pretty evident about the volume thing as when using crown yamaha setup i hardly cam do anything as the volume is already full..

Obviously you are facing impedance mismatch issue...since crown needs more input voltage as it is a pro amp...also you are not telling which RCA cables are you using...not more than 50cm RCA cable is recommended. ...I am sure that issue is not with crown but with connectivity

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back