What turntable should I buy?

acemachine26

My current setup is Audio Technica AT LP60, Marantz PM6005 Integrated Amplifier and Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3 Floor-standing Speakers. I desperately need to upgrade my turntable and have a strict budget of Rs. 20,000 max. Im open to new and used so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Hi

Would suggest to search for posts related to TurnTables which would have some content to give you a steer towards your requirement...

if you are planning to buy the TT in india, i doubt you'll get something significantly better
why not try upgrading the stylus to an elliptical, and try using a rubber mat (damps the highs and improves the low end slightly)

Could you please share your views on - Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Stereo Turntable System. I see good reviews but not sure how it sounds when we compare to old TT's in india. Is it worth to buy and use.

Thanks,

Hi PGY, the AT-LP60 is great for someone just getting into vinyl. Its very easy to use, just plug and play. Its also very cheap, I got it for 12K and its good quality for the price. It is missing a few features like anti-skating and you can't adjust the tonearm. I don't think you can change the cartridge either since it is permanently fixed to the turntable.

Thanks acemachine26,

Thanks for your inputs, am completely new to Vinyl's. Looking at the reviews and the price i was bit positive on the Audio Technica TT. Let me check other options also.

Thanks,

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back