Whathifi Mumbai show, 2018

... I have a few hundred pictures... How do I post them all... Please suggest... I want to share with all...
In the current format of the forum you can attach images. Else postimage.org and tinypic.com are options. Awaiting your pics

Not sure how many would have Facebook accounts (like myself...I am not on facebook)....possibly Google Drive or online images portal?

No issues....I have been for the show, I was just suggesting for the wider masses of members.....if not possible no worries!

Among all the rooms I liked the one on the 8th floor the best- the one with the high end Monitor Audio and Sonus Fabers. They had connected the speakers with good gear too (Macintosh, Accuphase) so the sound was sublime! I did like the big Monitor Audio set up (actually mistook them for Dynaudios!) but that was until I heard the Sonus Fabers. Whoa! Now, that was something else!

Visited same room and the Sonus Fabers sounded increadible. I'm gonna get a pair (but lower down the range alas) - when I next go to the UK and bring them back with me :cool:.

ProFx.......KEFs...Denon..Polk Signature.....one separate room had the magnify sound bar on demo.....packs a punch indeed

Were the country largest distributor for HT, Pro FX able to showcase prowess of Denon x 8500H flagship 9.2.6 capable AVR ?..

I was exited to listen Marantz SR8012,but sadly it did not sounded as powerful as its spects tell or I expected.Yes it was controlling speakers well,but for the price you pay,its not that great.I listened 2 of them with different speakers.

May be it wasn't calibrated correctly.. What speaker layout did they use to showcase Marantz SR8012 ?..

Were the country largest distributor for HT, Pro FX able to showcase prowess of Denon x 8500H flagship 9.2.6 capable AVR ?..

May be it wasn't calibrated correctly.. What speaker layout did they use to showcase Marantz SR8012 ?..

No idea........all I saw was models of Denon kept on display.........not connected....the 4000 series was hooked to the Kefs

Visited same room and the Sonus Fabers sounded increadible. I'm gonna get a pair (but lower down the range alas) - when I next go to the UK and bring them back with me :cool:.
Sir,
May I ask why ?
It is sold in India.
Buy from your local D & D
Support
Installation
Warranty
etc.
Just a suggestion.
Support the local audio industry - please..

Sir,
May I ask why ?
It is sold in India.
Buy from your local D & D
Support
Installation
Warranty
etc.
Just a suggestion.
Support the local audio industry - please..

Love to support the local Audio Industry but the local dealers are just too greedy and have too huge a mark-up. Hence, making it unaffordable for me to buy.

Since it as become an object of desire for me to have I will have acquire it by other means.

.. If Nagra equipment cannot get service by their authorised dealers, then what do we expect from others...
Wow. I haven't heard this one. So Nagra, which was considered a decent brand when owned by the Swiss (for sales and service), is now acquired by an Indian company and there are usual after sales issues (if it is true). Definitely sad state of affairs.
Cheers,
Sid

This issue occurred when Nagra was still with the Swiss family... Almost 5-6 years back and that too mono blocks....Numerous instances I have come across where the authorised dealers take months to replace a faulty speaker after a lot of persistance... It should never get to such levels for such expensive products...And that is the sole reason why I buy from abroad because I know if something goes wrong, I will be on my own and even then the cost difference is such that I can easily afford to fly to the host country and get it repaired...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back