Whats it like to own an Apple product.....

I have an iPod Touch 16GB. I haven't used other Apple products so I can't comment, but the iTunes interface is really really bad even on an iTouch. I tried managing some songs in my iTouch, and ended up spending an entire day trying to do some simple stuff and even then met with only partial success. Seriously, I think that a DOS command line interface would have been more user friendly.

I see Apple fans harping about how user friendly and sensible Apple designs are and how they "just work". While it may be true for some things, I'm not sure how they are able to say this when the most popular Apple software (iTunes) is so horrible.

They do make good looking units though.

The touchscreen is good thats about it. I brought it in the hope it can be hacked and totally liberated from Apples clutches. Not so easy. Stay away from Apple if you can ...

Regards

Thank God For iTunes!

Many years ago, anyone in the office who ignored the rules and got around the restraints to load iTunes on their PC would end up coming to us (IT dept) complaining that stuff didn't work any longer. It was always a real pain to put right.

It may well be better now, I don't know: I was put off Apple products for ever.

I would certainly not want any portable music device that relied on a single proprietary software for any function, and I wouldn't want one that restricted my choice of data format (although I was a great fan of my Sony minidisc player, but that was not a device that could be connected to a PC anyway: IIRC, recording a MD was a realtime job, even if the input was digital)

I take a look, congratulate them on their design skills, which are superb, and walk away. Whether it is out-dated prejudice, narrow mindedness, or simply my choice, I just don't do Apple.

I simply feel like crying for my iphone 3G which died on me yesterday, and here comes the shocker, that its out of the warranty. My phone was giving me trouble since day before yesterday and was restarting automatically, so I thought of restoring my phone through itunes and from there on in I am neither able to restore it nor able to get it repaired through expert technicians, I have simply lost hope of its getting repaired and come to think of the fact that since the launch of new Iphone 4 I was thinking of upgrading and now this has happened.

I simply feel like crying for my iphone 3G which died on me yesterday, and here comes the shocker, that its out of the warranty. My phone was giving me trouble since day before yesterday and was restarting automatically, so I thought of restoring my phone through itunes and from there on in I am neither able to restore it nor able to get it repaired through expert technicians, I have simply lost hope of its getting repaired and come to think of the fact that since the launch of new Iphone 4 I was thinking of upgrading and now this has happened.

OMG!!!thats a little weird!!ashish,i just hope its a solvable problem.all the best.

Why is it out of warranty?

Regards

Because they carry only 1 year warranty and you can always buy an extended warranty for another year at little over 1000 Rs. (Called Apple Care)

No local Tapori repair shops who do mobile phones and have some experience with iphone? It may be a matter of cleaning off moisture or dust or a loose solder joint on some smd chip? Or a change in battery that is not able to supply enough power?

Regards

Damm!! That sounds terrible and yea wierd too, you sure the battery isnt just dead yet..... You are in a fix man .... Once a person uses an apple product ... cant go back (for what ever reason) .....

Damm!! That sounds terrible and yea wierd too, you sure the battery isnt just dead yet..... You are in a fix man .... Once a person uses an apple product ... cant go back (for what ever reason) .....

You mean .. "You can check out any time you want ... But you can never leave..?" :eek:hyeah:

Is this final? Do people die clutching their iPods? :eek:

Do they figure in peoples legally drafted Wills? :rolleyes:

Cheers :)

Why is it out of warranty?

Regards

Yup I bought it in Jan 09 and it carries only 1 year warranty and at the time of purchase I wasn't told about the extended warranty thing otherwise I won't have minded paying a paltry sum of 1K

Last edited:
No local Tapori repair shops who do mobile phones and have some experience with iphone? It may be a matter of cleaning off moisture or dust or a loose solder joint on some smd chip? Or a change in battery that is not able to supply enough power?

Regards

Today, when I went to the technician's shop he had his doubt on the battery so he tried replacing it but that also didn't help and now I have a dead phone in my hand.

Yes you are absolutely right when you say that once you get use to an Apple product then you won't like any other thing and I am in the same delimma here as I was thinking of going for a new Iphone but with this present experience I am not sure that I would.

Using Apple means never having to pay a single cent to Microsoft again.Or HP or Dell or Lenovo etc.etc.I am not into gadgets or brand loyalties but the Apple products are exceptional.They are worth every cent you pay for them.Since I bought my first Apple computer I have never had the slightest interest in any other computer brand.

I dont hate apple. I just hate the number of stupid people using their stuff :p

Good one! :D

I only happen to own one since a few months ! Haven't even copied a single song onto it or plugged in the earphones .. :)

Guess that makes me umm a little smarter than the rest? :D

Cheers

You mean .. "You can check out any time you want ... But you can never leave..?" :eek:hyeah:
Yep... I am so glad that iTunes put me off the whole company.

Such a shame, though, that the mainline, commercial, choice is so often between two bad boys. Wouldn't have been nice if one of the big names in the computer/software world had been a goody. Add Google, to make a threesome... and more probably.

Just goes to show that this battle between good and evil --- only exists in the story books!

ashishkesarwani, sorry about your phone.

Actually, I am getting really fed up with my Nokia, and its stupid interface --- but I suppose Nokia is the Maruti of phones in India: service available everywhere.

I dont hate apple. I just hate the number of stupid people using their stuff :p

You hate the number of stupid people or the stupid people in that number .....
4chsmu1.gif

I only happen to own one since a few months ! Haven't even copied a single song onto it or plugged in the earphones .. :)

Guess that makes me umm a little smarter than the rest? :D

Cheers

Gobble frankly that makes you even more dumb than the other :D ..... first getting an apple product and then not even using it :D ....

Just a joke BTW .... :D

You hate the number of stupid people or the stupid people in that number .....
4chsmu1.gif

Hey how do you make custom smileys? I like that one!! It has the potential to make look really cool and smarter than the rest of you crowd ... :cool::):rolleyes:

Cheers

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back