Whats it like to own an Apple product.....

Hi,

Very Hilarious indeed, but may not be necessarily true in all aspects, except the price part! Do you own an apple product? Maybe you would change your stance slightly if you did.

There are a number of websites ridiculing each and every product and person ranging from a napkin to Bill Gates, because ridculing is all these people can do!

I got a forwarded mail with lots of photos, information, etc. on Microsoft and Bil Gates, which at the end said the best product Bill Gates ever made was his daughter, very very funny yeah!

There are a number of hifi stuff that are selling at whooping $15000, speakers, amps, etc., unless we know why we bought the product for, used it to its potential and tested it, we may not know the essense of it.

Cheers!

Apple really does that to you, each time they launch a new product, they better themselves each time and makes the customer crave for it. If we don't upgrade, we definitley feel left out, I do. Whether I eventually buy everything is a different story, but Apple products are definitely very difficult to resist, atleast for me.

I read this somewhere - "Apple makes products that people really want, not what people really need". That is very true. Except for the iPod. And I'm not too sure about that too. I heard the Zune when it was first released and it sounded way better than the iPod at that time but it's just that the iPod was perceived as cool. Not that it isn't :rolleyes:

Well this attitute for Apple products, might not be 100% true for Indian consumers but in US peoplre go crazy when Apple launches something. Standing in lines outside stores for the same........and weather we like it or not Apple does play with consumer expectations (knowing their products create the buzzzz, for what ever reasons). I understand the excitement and share it to quite an extent as well, but apple products are outrageously expensive here specially at the launch (iphone is still at dot 30K dispite pretty old now) .......
For the record I do own an Apple iPod Touch and 30GB iPod video , BUT both were bought when I was in US (as I said affording the same in India is almost impossible, even for a hardcore fan)

Apple products are good and innovative but definetly overpriced and thats what I dislike about them........they give too little and charge too more......:cool:)

good one sam..
forwarded this to all my friends who own apple :licklips:..
and with a big grin :D personally went to see their faces..

:eek:hyeah: hilarious indeed

Good one Sam.. He he I'm not that hit with Apple as only thing I bought was an iPod 80GB and that too when it was lowest in US. Liked the iPhone but never gonna pay that much money to buy a phone, might've worked for me if it was around 15-20k.
BTW, slightly off topic, planning to buy a Android phone, budget around 23k max. I was thinking of HTC Legend (22.5k with android 2.1). Any idea how is the phone? Review is looking good. Anything else available in the same price range? Or should I open a new thread?

BTW, slightly off topic, planning to buy a Android phone, budget around 23k max. I was thinking of HTC Legend (22.5k with android 2.1). Any idea how is the phone? Review is looking good. Anything else available in the same price range? Or should I open a new thread?

Definately deserve a new thread, however I'd say checkout (and wait) HTC Desire before Legend. I have used (not owned) Nexes and I'd say Andriod 2.0 seriously looks promising, if at all an OS can compete with iPhone UI.....its the Andriod. Except maybe for the touch screen, everything else is pretty spot on......

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire-3077.php

Last edited:
Definately deserve a new thread, however I'd say checkout (and wait) HTC Desire before Legend. I have used (not owned) Nexes and I'd say Andriod 2.0 seriously looks promising, if at all an OS can compete with iPhone UI.....its the Andriod. Except maybe for the touch screen, everything else is pretty spot on......

HTC Desire - Full phone specifications

Hasn't the desire already launched in India - It's already selling cheap as chips in UK. HTC phones don't tend to hold their resale value unlike Apple. Desire is phone with faster processor and better memory. But I prefer the legend it's casing gives it a different feel from desire. Desire looks like it swallowed too much of plastic.

I am a pretty pi$$ed off owner of the iPod touch 3g. Everytime I power off and on, it demands tethered reboot - meaning an installed XP with itunes!! JB had no effect! I am waiting for the hack that will make my ipod totally independent. Just installed libimobiledevice - Teaching Penguins to talk to fruits on Ubuntu and about to tethered boot with itunes on my office laptop to test this out.

I got this as a personal note taker and podcast viewer so I can pass time in a bus or train, but with it requiring a laptop and itunes everytime, its practically useless when travelling unless I lug a laptop with XP installed (When I am an open source person)!

Good cartoon though!!

Regards

Well, here are my 2 cents. i own a nano 4g

1. expensive as compared to other similar devices
2. good build quality, audio/video quality
3. lacks some important features. e.g. my ipod has no fm radio, cant play flac, how difficult is it to add a free codec on the ipod.
4. cheap headphones for a device at this price point, considering its a music device. headphones are better than what others provide cuts no ice with me.
5. stupid itunes interface. cant sync with other PCs. cant upload music from my ipod to another pc. cant add music without having itunes or the original pc to which its synced.
6. cannot seem to create a folder structure as per my dir structure from the pc on the ipod. uses whimscial/random/stupid algorithm to organize my music on the ipod.
7. does not handle compilations very well, messes up the folder structure.
8. never tried it but i believe if you purchase a song from itunes store, you cant back it up on other ipods or pcs. stupid drm.

apart from these pain points, its a good device.:lol: ok, the fans can kill me now.

lol,sam,good one.loved the '7 phases....'

seriously,apple has managed to pull of the best branding exercise in the world,ever,period.advertising has always been about buying/getting what u dont really need,and apple manages to do this stupendously well with legions of people drooling in the wake of its product portfolio.they definitely are the worlds most valuable technology company.its true what they say,either u love apple or u hate it with all ur might :p.cheers

HTC Desire - Full phone specifications

Cool, gonna open a new thread on android vs iOS ;-) Let's hope people chip in with their ideas.

EDIT: OK, here is the new thread, guys, please please konfuse me more ;-)
http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/10599-android-ios-way-go-android.html

Last edited:
Well, here are my 2 cents. i own a nano 4g

1. cant play flac, how difficult is it to add a free codec on the ipod.

Use Apple Lossless, similar to FLAC and it is free .... isnt it

2. stupid itunes interface. cant sync with other PCs. cant upload music from my ipod to another pc. cant add music without having itunes or the original pc to which its synced......

Yea that true ...... Apple does not believe in Sharing, rather ...Whose the Boss... eh!! ...... Anyway there are loads of TPAs to do what Apple has no intentions to provide ......

6. cannot seem to create a folder structure as per my dir structure from the pc on the ipod. uses whimscial/random/stupid algorithm to organize my music on the ipod.......

Again true ..... there is a Playlist concept, works loosely like a folder, but you can'nt create a playlist under a playlist ....... solution buy iPod Touch :p .....

8. never tried it but i believe if you purchase a song from itunes store, you cant back it up on other ipods or pcs. stupid drm.

There are ways actually ....... Rush to Google Uncle

You can always pay money extra and make the existing music you bought DRM free. I always make a point to buy it from Amazon - It's DRM free and can be ported to number of other devices.

Last edited:
1. cant play flac, how difficult is it to add a free codec on the ipod.

Use Apple Lossless, similar to FLAC and it is free .... isnt it

2. stupid itunes interface. cant sync with other PCs. cant upload music from my ipod to another pc. cant add music without having itunes or the original pc to which its synced......

Yea that true ...... Apple does not believe in Sharing, rather ...Whose the Boss... eh!! ...... Anyway there are loads of TPAs to do what Apple has no intentions to provide ......

6. cannot seem to create a folder structure as per my dir structure from the pc on the ipod. uses whimscial/random/stupid algorithm to organize my music on the ipod.......

Again true ..... there is a Playlist concept, works loosely like a folder, but you can'nt create a playlist under a playlist ....... solution buy iPod Touch :p .....

I have an iPod Touch 16GB. I haven't used other Apple products so I can't comment, but the iTunes interface is really really bad even on an iTouch. I tried managing some songs in my iTouch, and ended up spending an entire day trying to do some simple stuff and even then met with only partial success. Seriously, I think that a DOS command line interface would have been more user friendly.

I see Apple fans harping about how user friendly and sensible Apple designs are and how they "just work". While it may be true for some things, I'm not sure how they are able to say this when the most popular Apple software (iTunes) is so horrible.

They do make good looking units though.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back