Whats the way to get Xtreamer audio output from your amp/HT with HDMI for video?

nivlacbot

I have my Yamaha HTR 6230 system all hooked up.
Now I've connected an HDMI Cable from the Xtreamer to the Amp and another from the Amp to my Panny Plasma Input.

Now I am able to watch videos however the sound is from my TV Speakers. Running through the amp manuals - confirmed this as "expected"
It also states that if you want to get the audio from the amp, you need to run an auxiliary cable for audio and mute the TV.

It was pretty late in the night. I tried running a composite cable for the audio but it was either - or. Switching inputs on the amp led to either video or audio.

I was hoping that the whole point of this HDMI thingie was that you have to run less wires (apart from incr PQ)... Hosed! :mad: Can anyone help me out with the right combination of wires to get HDMI with 5.1 from the Xtreamer ?

RTFM also acceptable if you tell me the page no. :)

You can use the optical out cables and connect it to the amp for audio output and through hdmi you can send the video signal to the tv.

For reading more on xtreamer please go through the below thread .

Thanks, Yeah I noticed the optical port at the back of the Xtreamer, was checking to verify if it would work as I want it to before I go out and buy one.

The prices range from 300 (ebay) to 3K bucks(VJ sales - some foreign make). Any recommendations ? Or just about any optical cable would suffice.

Thanks, Yeah I noticed the optical port at the back of the Xtreamer, was checking to verify if it would work as I want it to before I go out and buy one.

The prices range from 300 (ebay) to 3K bucks(VJ sales - some foreign make). Any recommendations ? Or just about any optical cable would suffice.

I have connected mine via optic cable(provided by Sumit in bundle offer) and it works fine. But I have had to do this because my AVR is not HDMI capable. In ezone, I saw both Monster and Bandridge optic cables for around Rs.1500. So try there and Reliance Digital.

From what I understand, your AVR should be able to process only the audio and pass through the video to your TV. You should be able to achieve this with your current cabling. Maybe it is just some settings that you need to tweak.

y Ram!
Hey RAM!
Have u become MX bull ram or signed some endorsement contract with MX?? 1 thing 4 times!!!!( Like Shahrukh saying call me Mayur Khan!)
AS if shouting Sale! Sale!!Sale!!!Sale!!!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::yahoo::clapping:
( Dunno HFV helps you in this matter!! Although Lacking in looks I am planning to approach my favovorite brands like JBL & HK!!):cool::cool::lol::lol:

He

y Ram!
Hey RAM!
Have u become MX bull ram or signed some endorsement contract with MX?? 1 thing 4 times!!!!( Like Shahrukh saying call me Mayur Khan!)
AS if shouting Sale! Sale!!Sale!!!Sale!!!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::yahoo::clapping:
( Dunno HFV helps you in this matter!! Although Lacking in looks I am planning to approach my favovorite brands like JBL & HK!!):cool::cool::lol::lol:

He

LOL...sorry it was due to my slow Internet connection, it got posted 4 times. Have merged it. Basically I like MX for the price point thats all yet to sign any contract or dealership ;)

Personally, any optical cable would do, if it works it works fine, if it does not work it is faulty, there are no 2 ways about it, i just went to the local shop near my house and bought a set of optical cables from him, chinese make, they are running fine from last 2 months no issues at all.

Buy whatever that is in your budget, personally go for any Chinese ones that are out there. why spend Rs 1500 when the job can be done in Rs 300

Bought a Bandridge optical cable for 700 odd.
At first couldn't get the audio out from the Xtreamer for the life of me, tried a zillion things. I was hunting for a menu option to select optical in (left my owners manual at another apt Doh!). Ran to the nearest machine and googled for 20 mins. Thought I found something and ran back home.

This time as soon as I powered on the Xtreamer and started the movie, I had audio. Seems like the MS engg trick of everyone getting outside, closing the doors and trying again sometimes does start the car after all :D

Bought a Bandridge optical cable for 700 odd.
At first couldn't get the audio out from the Xtreamer for the life of me, tried a zillion things. I was hunting for a menu option to select optical in (left my owners manual at another apt Doh!). Ran to the nearest machine and googled for 20 mins. Thought I found something and ran back home.

This time as soon as I powered on the Xtreamer and started the movie, I had audio. Seems like the MS engg trick of everyone getting outside, closing the doors and trying again sometimes does start the car after all :D

Hey,

I am stuck with the same issue. Connected an optical cable between Xtreamer and my Samsung HT C450 but there is no audio. I had selected HDMI audio on and Digital audio as DTS/AC3 5.1CH under A/V settings. Please help. (Firmware version is 2.2)

Regards,

Vikram

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back