can someone please tell me why all of their models have very low power rating
like top of the line has only 65 watts/ch and

every other brands has basically like 75 watts or 100 watts minimum

can you please tell me and is someone use harman
kardon

Last edited:
MANU4PANJAB,

you scare me!

on the one hand you say "What's with harmon kardon?", and on the other you say "everyone has like 75 watts or 100 watts minimum

can you please teach me and is someone use hk "

Which is the real you?:)

MANU4PANJAB,

you scare me!

on the one hand you say "What's with harmon kardon?", and on the other you say "everyone has like 75 watts or 100 watts minimum

can you please teach me and is someone use hk "

Which is the real you?:)

hey brother

i have just correct the thread ;)
please read again

Those HK amps maybe having higher amperage, that an easily drive power hungry speakers.

The quality/ amperage of an amp is directly proportionate to it's weight!

I think it is related to the fact that they tell their wattage over entire audible range of frequencies with all channels driven simultaneusly as compared to other brands giving their wattage for only front channles driven and that too for a limited freq range. There is a thread on this forum where people have gone into depth of this subject. i gathered this knowledge from there only.
Do try to find that thread. it was very interesting with a lot of reference links.

For a minute or so i thought that Karman Kardon is a new copycat brand in "China market"

the japs like onkyo and denon are known to be a bit liberal with their specs, whereas HK is supposed to be more honest, this could perhaps explain this disparity in ratings.

hello bro's

can someone please tell me why all of their models have very low power rating
like top of the line has only 65 watts/ch and

every other brands has basically like 75 watts or 100 watts minimum

can you please tell me and is someone use harman
kardon

Because that metric is rather useless and misused by manufacturers all over the world. Dont ever make a purchase decision based on wattage alone.

the japs like onkyo and denon are known to be a bit liberal with their specs, whereas HK is supposed to be more honest, this could perhaps explain this disparity in ratings.

Not Bit Liberal - very liberal

Go to mass market like Sony and it is INsanly Liberal!

Like THD @ 10% and Measurement @ 1 KHZ1

HK isgenerally
@ 20Hz to 20000KHZ
@ LOw THD
Claimed very high current

5-6 Yrs back I had kenwood 100 W /Ch HT receiver( In Dubai) I wanted to change it as it did not have DTS only DD - One used dealer showed me HK with ONLY 45 W RMS/Ch - I lauged at him and he callanged me a one to one comparision ( we know each other well) ...and

HK beat down my Kenwood in power ,punch .,clarity everything!!!

I later sold HK in India - but still have respect for the brand!

a common thing you will come across with a reference to harman kardon is that their 50wpc sound more powerful than 100wpc of other brands.

so basically hk is more honest and has more power

how much price of their entry level avr has and how much top model

is it good for movies just like onkyo

so basically hk is more honest and has more power

how much price of their entry level avr has and how much top model

is it good for movies just like onkyo

In India HK is overpriced. If you like Onkyo then stick with it. Otherwise Denon and Yamaha are more comparable with Onkyo in terms of sound signature especially for movies.

I have HK AVR 255. 7.1 ch defined as 66 W rms for 5 channel and 50 watts rms for all 7 channels driven. Nice amp with good punch. Like watching movies and can deliver excellent sound. I have JBL control one fronts and control now center . Am planning to upgrade to JBL ES 80 fronts. I have heard this combo.. its quite nice..

HK AVR 255 is also quite well built and good looking. So if its HK Vs Onkyo.. i will take HK any day. Only marantz AVR 6003 is comparable ( i think ). I have heard both.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back