Where to buy Cables

Vivek Batra

Hi FMs

I am in need of a pair of XLR cable and a USB Type A to Type B. I am just looking for a well made quality cables, not very expensive ones. I posted my requirement on the forum as well, but didnt get many options. The good ones were out of my budget (> 20K)

I do not know many brands of the cables so not able to search without knowing much.If you could please help me find out some sources where I can buy in India that would be of great help. Online/offline both.

My budget for both the cables is around 10k to 12k.

Thanks.

Vivek

Shipping would be a challenge across all locations. Order on Aliexpress or Amazon, they would get delivered in May only. I have Ghent Audio RCA cables. They are good. I also bought stuff from Thomann in Germany. They have pro quality wares at reasonable price. The phono cable for TT was really good.

Shipping would be a challenge across all locations. Order on Aliexpress or Amazon, they would get delivered in May only. I have Ghent Audio RCA cables. They are good. I also bought stuff from Thomann in Germany. They have pro quality wares at reasonable price. The phono cable for TT was really good.
Thanks Arun. Thomann is quite cheap.

Why don't you try to avoid getting into importing again and contact FM Joshua to have them custom made?

Why don't you try to avoid getting into importing again and contact FM Joshua to have them custom made?
I already did Sir. He is up to something else and said he is not making cables very soon. I am very experienced in importing now ;). This tiem its wont be that costly.

I already did Sir. He is up to something else and said he is not making cables very soon. I am very experienced in importing now ;). This tiem its wont be that costly.

But still why you need to import cables ?
You can buy the mogamis which are available locally or just buy used from anyone selling on the forum.
Even the cables which you are going to import is going to be a blind buy and it's not that you only want that cable only so you have to import it .
Why unnecessary complicate things when it's not needed

But still why you need to import cables ?
You can buy the mogamis which are available locally or just buy used from anyone selling on the forum.
Even the cables which you are going to import is going to be a blind buy and it's not that you only want that cable only so you have to import it .
Why unnecessary complicate things when it's not needed
Buddy I am not planning to import. It would be my last option. I tried to buy used ones but were out of my budget. I am just looking for any well made cable, I am far far away to go after sound signature of cables. I am already happy with my shitty audio video cable, but just want something better than that to do justice to my equipment.

I am not able to find any Indian source so far hence I am here seeking help

Last edited:
Please contact sound foundation or pm FM magma who runs sound foundation and check with him for mogami balanced cables

If you are in for a diy I would recommend going for a Mogami cable, preferably Mogami Gold and getting xlr connects from a diy store. As far as I remember Hifimart keeps Mogami brand and you can also checkout Mouser.in or any other diy store for xlr connectors.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back