Where to buy old hindi film lps, posters & magazines in mumbai

karen

Ok so my parents are going to punjab and will be also going to mumbai. i want them to bring me back lps,old movie posters (70's era like sholay,jalte badan,muqqadar ka sikander..) and film magazines (esp. the 70's issues anything such as filmfar, cine blitz, stardust....). since they dont know a lot about the city i would like to know where the safest,cheapest and easiest places would be to get sucj things? The lps need to be in good shape vinyl and cover but they need to be under rs.80. Any help would be apperciated. thank you :) :):)

I second Chor Bazaar for old film posters, etc. There are some shops that specialize in it, but Chor Bazaar is not "easy" by any means and you have to be prepared to go there. I would not recommend your parents go there.

In Fountain, there is a guy called Abdul Razzak (+919820933365) who has a large selection of LPs for reasonable price (some of the other chor bazaar guys charge big bucks for no reason). You can call him ahead of time and ask what all he has, and maybe ask him to reserve some for you and fix the price accordingly.

Cheers. hope it helps.

I think. jeetubhai at normal keeps posters right?? can any forum member give his number ???

Ok so my parents are going to punjab and will be also going to mumbai. i want them to bring me back lps,old movie posters (70's era like sholay,jalte badan,muqqadar ka sikander..) and film magazines (esp. the 70's issues anything such as filmfar, cine blitz, stardust....). since they dont know a lot about the city i would like to know where the safest,cheapest and easiest places would be to get sucj things? The lps need to be in good shape vinyl and cover but they need to be under rs.80. Any help would be apperciated. thank you :) :):)

hi karen,
my freind is interseted in selling some old lps like madhumati , awara , etc
& various old lps if interstd call ASHOK VERMA- 09821244720 . he stays at sion u can cal him & get the details . very nice person he is a music lover so he likes people talking about old songs . lps etc his place is safe for ur parents to go & might call him for add.

rgrds

You can contact jeetendra at borivli. he has good collection but charges more and have to look at the LPs carefully before you buy. His contact no 9224055231.
Regards
Abhijit

The amount of LPs still available with old record stores in metros is good enough to serve any vinyl freak for the rest of his life only one has to enjoy digging

Arnab

Thank you so so so much for all of the help and suggestions! When i was searching online for places chpr bazaar popped up everytime but it sounds very intimated and thats no place i would like my parents to go. I will pass them the number and the adresses and will see how it goes. I guess they just have to go there and see it for themselves! Again thank you to everyone who replyed, thank you for your time and effort! :)

if you mind not paying for shipping, i have some lp titles to spare:
arth, sath sath, gulzar hits, yadon ki barat etc. also compilations- hits of lata, kishore, rafi , saigal saab etc. however i am more interested in exchange in lieu of other titles rather than sell per se.

mate I'm ready to pay shipping I want sath sath, yaadon ki baarat can you tell me the price.

for all this goto south mumbai, walk the whole DN Road from VT upto Fort. you will find everything.

Hello Karen,
Does The Name DALIP From Delhi Ring A Bell? Gues We Were Interconnected Because Of Our Passion For Vintage Films & Collector Magazines.
If You The Same Person Do Revert Back..I Guess You Visited Punjab For A Wedding If Memory Serves Me Right?
Look Forward To Hearing From You If You The Same Karen.
Regards,

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back