Where to buy vinyls in Mumbai

mntester

I will be in Mumbai next month and looking to buy some old hindi film and other vinyls. Any recommendations for good bargains from shops/individuals who sell these other than at Chor Bazaar. I may end up going there only for this purpose if I don't find anywhere else. The prospect of going to Chor Bazaar sounds a bit daunting so would like to avoid if possible.

Thanks.

It will be better if you contact "Shafic" sir who is one of the forum members. I got some vinyls from him in very good condition. You can also be lucky to get some of your choice if he has any.

If you are in Navi Mumbai I can offer you a very good selection. of bollywood and have a near mint collection of Western classicals ...and some house / dj / type of music . PM if interested .I'll try to upload the list on net

Check out Abdul bhai near VT in Fort. He's a nice guy to deal with and you might find some good stuff there for (relatively) cheap compared to Chor Bazaar. His records usually need a good cleaning but you can find some real gems there. I've found quite a few extremely rare 60's rock records in pretty good condition.

If you can visit Borivli, there is a guy named Jitendra who has a nice collection of Hindi records and also some English ones. I can pm you his contact number if you want.

RD

I will be in Mumbai next month and looking to buy some old hindi film and other vinyls. Any recommendations for good bargains from shops/individuals who sell these other than at Chor Bazaar. I may end up going there only for this purpose if I don't find anywhere else. The prospect of going to Chor Bazaar sounds a bit daunting so would like to avoid if possible.

Thanks.

i tried kolkata, i tried mumbai i tried purchasing from users and i have come to understand all above sources are disappointing compared to the excellent experience i have had from ebay.com. primarily from UK/Japanese based sellers.

advantages:
1. you could buy music you want
2. grading systems are pretty accurate
3. it's much much cheaper than buying locally. i have mint condition beatles japanese LP's with Obi for 1100, ECM label Pat Metheny records for 600 and one of the best deals ever, 16 elton john lp's in mint condition for some 2200 (only in this case i had it shipped ot a freind in US, 16 lps weigh quite a lot.

all said, shipping to india is safe as they pack beautifully. and incase you get lucky with LP Lots then it would be advised ot ship to a freind in US/UK.

for excellent collection of records in all genres at reasonable prices, visit:

MusicCircle
V Mall, Shop No. 40, Ground Floor
Thakur Complex
Kandivali (East)
Mumbai 400101

Back