Where to buy Vinyl records in India

I have a huge collection of records I want to sell, mostly Rock etc, but I am far too lazy to make a posting LOL

Perhaps one day I will do a "pop up" shop and sell some stuff, but these days I have not had time to do that, because selling records is time consuming and almost a fulltime job.
Not only that,the buyer expect mint copy at a peanuts price.If you are not a dealer,then it becomes headache convincing them.I buy only if ,I am interested in that type of music.Not in to selling but prefer to exchange.Delhi people charge enormous amount for an Lp or CD.
I purchased Lekin LP at 6500 and Bandit Queen CD at 3500.Betabi by Vishal Bhardwaj at 2500.
But then these are not available for sale anywhere.
Few costly LPs I Purchased are Beyond Times,Bawarchi,Dil Padosi Hain,CID909 EP(Yet to find LP)Interested in buying LP.

The price of some of the vinyls is skyrocketing. Don't know why but it is true. Have asked a vinyl seller in Kolkata the price of Humshakal , a Hindi movie. To my surprise he demands 5k . Sometimes also they forget what they quoted earlier. For example I searched for a Bengali modern song vinyl( modern Bengali songs of Dhananjay Bhattacharya), the guy demanded 1000 . After some days I got it for Rs.500 only. Back to the op's query vinyls are available both online and offline. But one has to be careful while buying the pre-owned ones IMHO.

I have been buying LPs from Amazon (.in, .com and .de) since the past 7-8 years. There are many sellers on .com who also sell used LPs. Never had a problem till date apart from a few delayed deliveries. Of course for old Hindi LPs I have to look at local sellers who I feel have jacked up prices disproportionately.

Discogs is a good option also, but if you are looking for new vinyl and dont mind ordering from overseas, then check out importcds.com They have a huge selection, and often have good discounts on mrp, and best part is they have very very reasonable international shipping prices.

Music Cirlce - 9833062221 , ships all over
Yes, i definitely vouch for Music Circle (Mr Pilak Bhatt). Have bought several gems from him over the years. If you're in MUmbai it is worth visiting his place to see the collection for yourself.

The price of some of the vinyls is skyrocketing. Don't know why but it is true. Have asked a vinyl seller in Kolkata the price of Humshakal , a Hindi movie. To my surprise he demands 5k . Sometimes also they forget what they quoted earlier. For example I searched for a Bengali modern song vinyl( modern Bengali songs of Dhananjay Bhattacharya), the guy demanded 1000 . After some days I got it for Rs.500 only. Back to the op's query vinyls are available both online and offline. But one has to be careful while buying the pre-owned ones IMHO.
The reason I have heard for high prices is because of new import tariffs, and post GST the prices have definitely increased. Many of the new hindi vinyl are pressed in Europe, so they also fall into the duties trap. Another reason is some of the big distributors like Sony have also been pulling back - which is why artists like Bob Dylan where they used to get all the albums on vinyl are now not getting the newer releases (such as the last 3 bootleg series) which otherwise used to come here as soon as it was released.

I bought many vinyls from Kolkata market. Price is shooting up like anything. I almost stopped buying as I had collected most of the music on vinyl that I'm interested listening to or keep in collection. 2007 to 2015 was the time I bought many of them. I have a fetish for EPs and SPs (7inch 45 rpm) which is difficult to get in good condition. I settled after many roll backs and iterations by buying multiple pieces. I got many vinyls from Mumbai and Pune too.

Usually I avoid Delhi buyers as many of the rare vinyls are polish coated and harm your lovely cart. I was duped but lost Rs 500 only. Then I stopped.

Thanks,
Sourav

I generally stick to Discogs.com , ebay.com and resently Music circle (India) I recently picked a copy of Metallica off Amazon.in and it came wrapped in a thin plastic wrap the sleeve looked horrid luckily the record itself was pristine.

Any good Vinyl/CD shop in Punjab (Chandigarh/Amirtsar/Mohali/Ludhiana)? Planning to visit these places this week.

Any help/guidance will be appreciated.

Any good Vinyl/CD shop in Punjab (Chandigarh/Amirtsar/Mohali/Ludhiana)? Planning to visit these places this week.

Any help/guidance will be appreciated.
Vinod, you might be in better pastures with regard to buying vinyl in your parts. I see a few sellers selling privately around here but with regards to shops, I don't think there are very many.

briefly went into a shop a month or maybe two months ago in sector 17 in chandigarh (and sorry I don't remember the name of the shop) selling records but it was a small bin and the prices were nothing much to talk about. Not to dissuade you but good luck and hope you find something nice.

I generally buy from Music Circle in Mumbai, prices are reasonable and he ships all over India. Service is also prompt. If in Mumbai, please try and visit Pilak to see his wonderful and vast collection of LPs.

I sell extreme metal and extreme electronic vinyls through my label Cyclopean Eye Productions (only underground Black and Death Metal and Power Electronics though). I would highly recommend my best friend's shop "Mahatobar" in Bangalore which is located at the ground floor of the Utility building on MG road. It's probably India's only brick and mortar store with a great collection of Metal and Classic Rock cds and vinyls. You can contact him via his Facebook page

Not only that,the buyer expect mint copy at a peanuts price.If you are not a dealer,then it becomes headache convincing them.I buy only if ,I am interested in that type of music.Not in to selling but prefer to exchange.Delhi people charge enormous amount for an Lp or CD.
I purchased Lekin LP at 6500 and Bandit Queen CD at 3500.Betabi by Vishal Bhardwaj at 2500.
But then these are not available for sale anywhere.
Few costly LPs I Purchased are Beyond Times,Bawarchi,Dil Padosi Hain,CID909 EP(Yet to find LP)Interested in buying LP.
Yes, the good thing is that if you are a vinyl collector yourself then chances are the stuff you're selling will be good quality. Normally people who don't care about records and just want to make quick money are the ones who do not grade or play test records properly before selling. That's why it is always better to buy from someone who is passionate about music and not just a "dealer". In the past I have paid a lot for expensive and rare records that are hard to find, but that is because I trust the seller and the quality. Likewise, I have sold some rare records on Discogs, some for well over $300 - and the reason I could ask that besides rarity is also about condition and how well one preserves their collection.

In case anyone is interested I am selling my collection via Discogs. I would have loved to sell it on the forum but it's just far too many to list. Currently have over 200 for sale on Discogs, with more being added everyday, https://www.discogs.com/seller/mogambo/profile

just browsed through your profile on discogs. awesome listing!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back