Where to buy Vinyl records in India

hi
know all the people of bangalore can buy brand new lp s at cylipso (jayanagar) and at odessy indranagar...

I have been bitten by the vinyl bug after hearing a system at a friends place. I would like to take a plunge into vinyl but would like to know where in Indian can I source vinyl records.

SO far I have not come across any shop selling vinyl records in Mumbai. Would appreciate help from vinyl lovers like Jeevan!!!

I have been bitten by the vinyl bug after hearing a system at a friends place. I would like to take a plunge into vinyl but would like to know where in Indian can I source vinyl records.

SO far I have not come across any shop selling vinyl records in Mumbai. Would appreciate help from vinyl lovers like Jeevan!!!

i have about 100 odd Lps.

I had been to chor bazar to a guy named haji Ibrahim.,opp handiwala masjid,saifee jubilee street,null bazar.He was sitting on a stool and before he could even let me in he said each of his records costs rs800/- and above.I ddnt enter.
But I buy regularly from Abdul Razzak a very humble n polite guy who sells from a shop at 192,kitab mahal,next to Suvidha restaurant,Dr.D.N.rd.,Fort,Mumbai-400001(9820933365)
He sells from rs250/- to 650/- range and keeps Bollywood,English,jazz,Marathi,Bengali vinyls.
You can tell him that I referred.

I had been to chor bazar to a guy named haji Ibrahim.,opp handiwala masjid,saifee jubilee street,null bazar.He was sitting on a stool and before he could even let me in he said each of his records costs rs800/- and above.I ddnt enter.
But I buy regularly from Abdul Razzak a very humble n polite guy who sells from a shop at 192,kitab mahal,next to Suvidha restaurant,Dr.D.N.rd.,Fort,Mumbai-400001(9820933365)
He sells from rs250/- to 650/- range and keeps Bollywood,English,jazz,Marathi,Bengali vinyls.
You can tell him that I referred.

I agree, Abdul Razak is a very nice person. Some times his LPs would appear expensive, but good thing is that he does not tell you the price based on what you have selected - his prices are always written on the back side of the cover.

Hi guys, I have a large collections of about 100 Lps i want to sell, mostly English Rock/Pop. There are too many to list in a for sale thread, so I am not sure what the forums rule is if I wanted to sell via discogs or something? Can I make a post in the Dealer section? If anyone can guide me as per the forum rules of how to go about this it would be great!

Thanks
Tek

Edit: I think I might end up breaking these into lots of 10 and posting in for sale thread, would be easier I suppose than going through hassle of Discogs selling.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have a large collections of about 100 Lps i want to sell, mostly English Rock/Pop. There are too many to list in a for sale thread, so I am not sure what the forums rule is if I wanted to sell via discogs or something? Can I make a post in the Dealer section? If anyone can guide me as per the forum rules of how to go about this it would be great!

Thanks
Tek

Edit: I think I might end up breaking these into lots of 10 and posting in for sale thread, would be easier I suppose than going through hassle of Discogs selling.

A better idea to break them into lots of 10.Without knowing your list and also the price you are expecting it's difficult for one to comment.

On 14th of april, planning to drive down to Pune,will be there for 2days.Any suggestions where to get vinyl records there?

Found this ad on quicker.

46 Classic Bollywood Vinyl Records in excellent condition with original album art in Chandivali, Mumbai Used Collectibles on Mumbai Quikr Classifieds

If the whole lot is bought then 1 LP comes to Rs.212/-only.Will anyone be interested to team up with me 50-50 and buy such offerings?

I have recently started buying LPs and am looking to build my collection but
am based outside of mumbai. Do you have the list of records being offered ?

Dear FMs

While buying from OLX / Quikr or such platform, do be cautious.

Somebody from Hoshangabad (Nr. Bhopal) sold my friend 300 records which were termite eaten/infested and in very bad shape.

What's good for seller may not be good for buyer.

My 2 paisa.

Any recommendations for Vinyl shops in Mumbai or Chennai? Looking for RD Burman, Jagjit Singh, Kishore Kumar and Illayaraja music.

Any recommendations for Vinyl shops in Mumbai or Chennai? Looking for RD Burman, Jagjit Singh, Kishore Kumar and Illayaraja music.

R D Burman records are expensive but it depends on which albums you want. and so are Jagjit Sing numbers. Since you are located in Madrid, do you come to Mumbai some times?

I will be visiting Mumbai end of this year, was hoping to shop around then.

Please contact me a fortnight before you come, I would PM you the contacts. As of now, there are 3-4 dealers in Mumbai who have got large stock:
1. Saleem - Chor Bazar
2. Anwar - Chor Bazar
3. Abdul Razak - Fort
4. Jitendrabhai - Borivali

Also, please keep watching the "For Sale" threads on this Forum, you may get a good deal.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back