Where to report defected items received from fellow member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jatintan007

Dear Mod and Fms,

I have recently purchased highend pre&power amplifier and high end speakers from a fellow member.

but the items were damaged when I received them.

I got everything in 3 different shipment over the period of month and in every shipment the items were received were badly damaged.

Seller is saying he sent it ok but they this problem happened in shipment but I can’t understand how the problem happened in all 3 shipment sent by him over month?

That means the he was not packed it will or god knows what. I paid 50% of the shipping cost and spent Aprox 1.5L for everything..

I want to understand what can I do in this situation?
bks i m helpless now. I paid this guy with my savings and trusting that I will get product safe.

He is not even taking any responsibility or anything just saying he can’t help and these things happened and buyers have to take care.

but what I could have done I paid what was asked for and he had this item and he packed it and he courier it then how will I be responsible for the damage ?

I could have understand that 1 out 3 shipment was faulty but I can’t be so unlucky that my all 3 shipment sent on 3 different weeks go damaged. That means seller was irresponsible in terms of shipment.

How can we build trust here in forum if incidents like this happened. ?

I don’t wanna take anyone’s name but I have proof of everything.

I m not a rich guy, this 1.5L I paid from my savings of last 4-5 years.

How can I trust anyone now?

Jatin

What happened is very unfortunate and I can understand it's a huge amount but unfortunately neither the moderator nor members can help you in this.
The forum has nothing to do with sales happening and is just providing a platform.

They have no binding on transpires between two individuals and that's why too in every sale thread everyone mentions (shipping risk on buyer)

What you could have done from your side told seller to share pictures of packing at various stages and once you are satisfied then only give a go ahead.

Atleast if I am selling this I share all picture possible even of packing with buyer.

Again , I really feel your pain but truth to be told no one can help you in this

Last edited:
This is really bad Jatin, I generally avoid any outside purchase.

Donno what will be Ur next step, but yeah 1.5L is huge man

Dear Mod and Fms,

I have recently purchased highend pre&power amplifier and high end speakers from a fellow member.

but the items were damaged when I received them.

I got everything in 3 different shipment over the period of month and in every shipment the items were received were badly damaged.

Seller is saying he sent it ok but they this problem happened in shipment but I can’t understand how the problem happened in all 3 shipment sent by him over month?

That means the he was not packed it will or god knows what. I paid 50% of the shipping cost and spent Aprox 1.5L for everything..

I want to understand what can I do in this situation?
bks i m helpless now. I paid this guy with my savings and trusting that I will get product safe.

He is not even taking any responsibility or anything just saying he can’t help and these things happened and buyers have to take care.

but what I could have done I paid what was asked for and he had this item and he packed it and he courier it then how will I be responsible for the damage ?

I could have understand that 1 out 3 shipment was faulty but I can’t be so unlucky that my all 3 shipment sent on 3 different weeks go damaged. That means seller was irresponsible in terms of shipment.

I don’t wanna take anyone’s name but I have proof of everything.

I m not a rich guy, this 1.5L I paid from my savings of last 4-5 years.

How can I trust anyone now?

Jatin
Were the items insured or not.

Dear Jatin, very unfortunate this has happened to you again.. I remember you bought Magnepan 1.7 as well and even they turned out damaged.. Can you share sime details in what is damaged on the ore, power and speakers? Maybe some pictures could help fellow members help you out with fixing them...

I recently sold my speakers to fellow member.
Through DTDC I had sent them packed it well with company box.but unfortunately the parcel did reach the customer delayed after much roaming around different places .the package was intact. Fm opened it after 24 hrs covid scare and was shocked to see Twitter's were broken. Parcel was insured even though the buyer didn't request for it. we both together fought with courier service with necessary documents and got some refund.ofcourse we wre taken for a ride by the company but we didn't give up.
I feel even though it's risk is born by the buyer the giver should also act little responsibly.

What happened is very unfortunate and I can understand it's a huge amount but unfortunately neither the moderator nor members can help you in this.
The forum has nothing to do with sales happening and is just providing a platform.

They have no binding on transpires between two individuals and that's why too in every sale thread everyone mentions (shipping risk on buyer)

What you could have done from your side told seller to share pictures of packing at various stages and once you are satisfied then only give a go ahead.

Atleast if I am selling this I share all picture possible even of packing with buyer.

Again , I really feel your pain but truth to be told no one can help you in t

Again , I really feel your pain but truth to be told no one can help you in this
Thanks, sir but this really make me feel disheartening. But we should do something about such sellers so that this will never happen again to anyone.

Also Seller gave me pics and videos of playing but no pics or video focusing on the current defects I get after I get everything defeated cracked and guy is taking it very casually and not taking any responsibility of poor packaging of expensive products.

Out 3 different shipment by FedEx all 3 gets hampered how could it be possible?

Dear Jatin, very unfortunate this has happened to you again.. I remember you bought Magnepan 1.7 as well and even they turned out damaged.. Can you share sime details in what is damaged on the ore, power and speakers? Maybe some pictures could help fellow members help you out with fixing them...
It’s a cosmetic damage on pre and power amplifier both channels change slot of preamp is knock off.
Both speaker L&R came if different shipments and Right speaker is seriously damaged and can’t even stand properly

Why don't you name tag the FM so that he can give his side of the story as well
Sir
I am really not here for defamation of anyone…
I was just under huge stress so posted this.

I still respect him as human and everyone pay off for their deeds.

I just want this should never happened to anyone.
I have proof of all payment and chats and pics and videos of what had happened.

I recently sold my speakers to fellow member.
Through DTDC I had sent them packed it well with company box.but unfortunately the parcel did reach the customer delayed after much roaming around different places .the package was intact. Fm opened it after 24 hrs covid scare and was shocked to see Twitter's were broken. Parcel was insured even though the buyer didn't request for it. we both together fought with courier service with necessary documents and got some refund.ofcourse we wre taken for a ride by the company but we didn't give up.
I feel even though it's risk is born by the buyer the giver should also act little responsibly.
Pretty sad. The onus lies on the seller. Sharing packing details / process is must before shipping.

It’s quite easy to ship defective item and blame it on the courier. Dishonesty and greed in audio brotherhood is unforgivable. We are here for the love of audio and NOT defrauding others.

I have gifted / sold many items and have taken all the time and patience to pack and share details. Not a single issue till date. I thank God too for that. Pack parts as secure as you would like to receive them.

Guys with ill intent should have no place on forum like this. Atleast moderators can do that.
Totally agree. Sir I understand if 1 of 3 shipment must was damaged. Here all 3 and all of them came to me in 1-1 weeks gap.
that’s mean seller is very smart or he did very careless packaging.

FYI speaker and pre and power amp I get in company packaging only still they were so much damaged. Even pre n power amplifier were in Wooden boxes

This is really un realistic.

This is not giveaway.its paid one.here both seller and buyer are benefitted.seller getting rid of his unused item for money and buyer getting a desired product at reduced price.so trust is the only bonding here.both should take utmost care to protect it.
In sure from now on jatin will never venture for used items. Seller should take utmost care to pack and getit delivered.

Sir
I am really not here for defamation of anyone…
I was just under huge stress so posted this.

I still respect him as human and everyone pay off for their deeds.

I just want this should never happened to anyone.
I have proof of all payment and chats and pics and videos of what had happened.
Totally agree. Sir I understand if 1 of 3 shipment must was damaged. Here all 3 and all of them came to me in 1-1 weeks gap.
that’s mean seller is very smart or he did very careless packaging.

FYI speaker and pre and power amp I get in company packaging only still they were so much damaged. Even pre n power amplifier were in Wooden boxes

This is really un realistic.
isn't this defamation without meaning to defame someone? While we do sympathise with you for the damage, imho it makes no sense if you don't wish to let everyone know the identity of the seller FM so that we can hear the facts from both sides and then come to a logical conclusion.

This is not giveaway.its paid one.here both seller and buyer are benefitted.seller getting rid of his unused item for money and buyer getting a desired product at reduced price.so trust is the only bonding here.both should take utmost care to protect it.
In sure from now on jatin will never venture for used items. Seller should take utmost care to pack and getit delivered.
After this experience, I will now never trust anyone here in purchasing anything in this fourm.
If any damage in shipping it should be for 50-50 for both the party.

if all items coming in company boxes r getting damaged then god knows how really shipping works.

isn't this defamation without meaning to defame someone? While we do sympathise with you for the damage, imho it makes no sense if you don't wish to let everyone know the identity of the seller FM so that we can hear the facts from both sides and then come to a logical conclusion.
Senior Member Mr. Darpan asked me details of person on private chat and I have shared him his details.

I have nothing to hide.

I paid for the items and got all damaged products while being in company packaging and sellers say he can’t do anything about.

I really don’t wanna put his name here.
I just want suggestions that what should I do in this case ??
Can anyone help or meditate between as as I see seller is present here from 2010 and most of members knows him very well.

OP sad to hear about your experience. I think no words are going to help in this case. You have decided to go public here, I am going to assume you have spoken to the seller and haven't found a satisfactory response.

FWIW would like to share my experiences ( they may benefit new members planning to use this forum to buy/sell equipment)

I have experience buying equipment from Mumbai (AN India) and one respected FM here who sold me a heavy tube amp no less from Delhi. I had to return shipment to AN India as speakers came in a very poorly packed box (without wooden create) the Crossovers were dangling inside; AN India obviously to their credit replaced the speakers. Now when I made my first purchase on this forum a KT88 PP from @malvai , he packed them in a bomb-proof manner. Basically, the Amp was put inside the OEM package and then inside a plywood box. Despite not so great handling by DTDC I got the amplifier intact. I have since then bought DACs, LPs, and other stuff here (Delhi to Bangalore) and things have reached defect-free.

I learnt an important lesson from these experiences

1. Prioritize buying used equipment within your city
2. If buying used from a different city; do proper checks via videos and pictures (assume worse case and ask for information without hesitation) . Please remember all of us are buyers and seller at different points in time and genuine sellers never ever discourage inquiry and complete disclosure for none of us are doing this to make money.
3. Most importantly insist on bomb-proof packing i.e. wooden crates for speakers and Amps are a must; I say this even if OEM box may be new and good enough for sensible handling. We are still not a "developed" country and logistics business is not a huge margin business, expect that people working on the job are not well paid and have no incentive to baby your parcel. It costs a fraction of the product's cost to make a rugged wooden crate. Offer to share that burden with the seller and you can reduce the risk associated with buying used equipment in India significantly.
4. Finally there is always a possibility that a cosmetic defect or some wear and tear missed buyer scrutiny or the seller himself/herself forgot to mention it due to an honest mistake; I would say there are two ways to deal with this; some sellers offer returns within a stipulated period where buyer bears the shipping charges, it's good to discuss these terms before sealing the deal; I personally keep x% (where x varies per individual) tolerance (not money but, prepare mentally to uncover something that wasn't caught during checks) for such defects when buying used so long as they don't degrade functionality and aren't a huge eye sore.

Thanks, sir but this really make me feel disheartening. But we should do something about such sellers so that this will never happen again to anyone.

Also Seller gave me pics and videos of playing but no pics or video focusing on the current defects I get after I get everything defeated cracked and guy is taking it very casually and not taking any responsibility of poor packaging of expensive products.

Out 3 different shipment by FedEx all 3 gets hampered how could it be possible?

Unfortunately it can't be controlled.total risk is on buyer.
This is no paid platform , it's a free service.
You can just narrate your experience, but no one can punish any member or set things right as no one has that authority

Feeling really sorry for what happened to you.
I think you should mention his name here as others shall be cautious in dealing with the same individual again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back