Where to report defected items received from fellow member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure thing, I will upload pics tonight once I reach home.
Pre power amps can be easily repaired here in Delhi as they are from Lyrita and Lyrita office is in Delhi. But I don’t know how much they will charge.

But main problem is of Rythem saadhna speakers as both bass units needs repaired and one speaker bass module can’t even stand properly. Sending them to Rythem will be expensive affaire and they can tell expenses only after checking them..

I had to shell out huge money due to careless seller
These are dream set for an ordinary audiophile in India. It is really a challenging stuff to pack and send it, particularly, other than the manufacturer/dealer who will have better knowledge of packing.
If I would be in your place, would have driven the car (irrespective of distance if it is within the borders of India) down to buyers place without a second thought and picked personally staying a day or night there.
Yes, I do agree, seller should be very serious and equally responsible in packing and shipping of such a valuable product to ensure safe delivery. 'Shipping at buyers risk' should have been backed up by transit insurance. In the mean time, you could have taken more time to get it inspected and understand the packing and shipping mode through images/videos or request some other forum member from nearby place to help you in this regard before dispatch, because it values your hard earned money and it might be a life time buy for you.

These are dream set for an ordinary audiophile in India. It is really a challenging stuff to pack and send it, particularly, other than the manufacturer/dealer who will have better knowledge of packing.
If I would be in your place, would have driven the car (irrespective of distance if it is within the borders of India) down to buyers place without a second thought and picked personally staying a day or night there.
Yes, I do agree, seller should be very serious and equally responsible in packing and shipping of such a valuable product to ensure safe delivery. 'Shipping at buyers risk' should have been backed up by transit insurance. In the mean time, you could have taken more time to get it inspected and understand the packing and shipping mode through images/videos or request some other forum member from nearby place to help you in this regard before dispatch, because it values your hard earned money and it might be a life time buy for you.
Sir, I trusted him as he is very old member here and speaking sense initially and assured me nothing gonna happen as he has doing such transactions from more then 10-15 years,

I m seriously new in buying stuff from fourm and did not know about insurance n all.

So I trusted him and sent money and now everything was damaged n yesterday he is saying I m very un lucky person… that 3 different shipment all three got damaged and he can’t do anything.

He just gave me numbers of manufacture and asked me to call them n get repaired at me own expense.

Sir, I trusted him as he is very old member here and speaking sense initially and assured me nothing gonna happen as he has doing such transactions from more then 10-15 years,

I m seriously new in buying stuff from fourm and did not know about insurance n all.

So I trusted him and sent money and now everything was damaged n yesterday he is saying I m very un lucky person… that 3 different shipment all three got damaged and he can’t do anything.

He just gave me numbers of manufacture and asked me to call them n get repaired at me own expense.
Ideally he should have taken responsibility as he packed all these stuff not me.

Thread title is incorrect and needs to be changed ! Stop blaming that person and making him look like a culprit. Yes your are posting this here to vent so be it. You have mentioned that you are new to buying in this forum ! There are some rules of engagement and I suggest you take this up with the seller in a professional manner and not threatening someone or defaming them via media posts.

Chin up and take this up with the concerned person appropriately.

Ideally he should have taken responsibility as he packed all these stuff not me.
I am not very rich person but very middle class and I have invested my 3-4 years savings in this setup and this was kind of my first high end stereo setup for me.
He knew it well still he reacted it’s my mistake as I m un lucky person.

Thread title is incorrect and needs to be changed ! Stop blaming that person and making him look like a culprit. Yes your are posting this here to vent so be it. You have mentioned that you are new to buying in this forum ! There are some rules of engagement and I suggest you take this up with the seller in a professional manner and not threatening someone or defaming them via media posts. You could be right in all probability but not like this.

Chin up and take this up with the concerned person appropriately.
Sir first of all I have not named him yet or tagged him.
he just cut the call yesterday by saying it’s my problem now and I m un lucky person.
When being owner he knew well how to packaging and assured me of good setup.

what will you do if you were in my shoes?

OK. Things may go bad some times which were done with good hope and trust. These product have more sentimental value than its financial value.
But, no need to give up hopes. Going for legal battle or arguments about ethics and responsibilities may not work at this point of time and probably add up to your stress and anxiety. Instead share the images here to get valuable suggestions from fellow FMs and also take up the matter with manufacturers directly to resolve the issues. It may cost little more time and money but they will certainly help you to restore to original state. It will be a short time agony. Once the units starts singing you will forget everything and start enjoying(off course with lot of pride).

Last edited:
Now keeping the debates aside, concentrate on estimating the damages and approximate cost going to be involved.

Most important, start a separate thread with images seeking valuable suggestions from FMs and it will help other members also. This is the right way to go ahead and keep yourself engaged in forum activities.

Last edited:
Sir first of all I have not named him yet or tagged him.
he just cut the call yesterday by saying it’s my problem now and I m un lucky person.
When being owner he knew well how to packaging and assured me of good setup.

Jatin, I feel for you honestly. But when things go wrong it's difficult to accept. Yes Im sure you hoped that the seller may help you out but thats not the case.

Think about it, was it genuinely a case of mis handling by the shipping guys ! How sure are you that the seller dint pack it well or intentionally packed it bad.

How did you take this up with him, did you blatantly blame him for sending a damaged product? Did you guys have a sane chat and discuss how this issue can be addressed. Heated talks will get us no where.

I hope the seller is reading this and I strongly recommend both of you to talk to each other and somehow help each other for the love of God !

Sorry to hear that the items got damaged during transit. Believe me crazy thing happens during shipping. So, taking an insurance buys you some peace of mind. Take it as learning and next time, buy any expensive goods of that value directly from dealers. They have more expertise in shipping those expansive items.

I don't know what to tell you, just follow up with the seller and check if he is ready to share the cost of repair or probably take it to the consumer court.

Wondering and remembering @Yelamanchili manohar on repaying the money looted on his name for the sale he has not done with no fault from his side and just comparing the @xxxmember just cutoff the sale/transaction once it is shipped out of hands .

Who is best suited for this friendly forum run only on trust ???

Sorry to hear that the items got damaged during transit. Believe me crazy thing happens during shipping. So, taking an insurance buys you some peace of mind. Take it as learning and next time, buy any expensive goods of that value directly from dealers. They have more expertise in shipping those expansive items.

I don't know what to tell you, just follow up with the seller and check if he is ready to share the cost of repair or probably take it to the consumer court.
This is not a great choice. I think the best is to talk and sort it out. We all have been selling and buying on the forum. There were times i have experienced some weird buyers (especially the new ones in the forum asking questions that will piss one off and low balling like road side vendors). There are all types of people and I agree with @Record Player. This is something that needs to be sorted with cool head. No seller will want to sell a defective product and take the blame and loose ones image for petty cash. I say petty coz for someone who can own a Rethm 1/1.5L is not the amount for which he will loose his image. Like wise with all of us here. So, something has gone wrong here and that needs to be sorted and that is only possible if it’s dealt sensibly.
Exact like fm @OM_2K19 suggested, talk to the seller with cool head and share the cost or may be talk to Rethm and see how best they can help you.
I understand the OP is at a loss here and is heart broken. This will only lead to more of those if this continues AFAIK.
Sort it out with a cool head bro. Trust me it works.

Regards,
Som

Without taking sides , my full sympathies are with the OP. I can only imagine the expectations that must have been building up in you over all the joy that would accrue from listening to the audio gear of such pedigree. And then for things to come to such an anticlimactic pass with no resolution in sight , at least for the moment, must be quite painful. Audiophiles are a passionate lot and if one didn’t react the way you did , it would perhaps be time to visit a shrink.

But that being said , let me relate some of my experiences , for whatever they are worth.
Back in 2008-09 , I requested Mr Nair of Audire for a class A amp. Mr Nair ( a thorough gentleman and a patient person full of empathy ) used to be a regular in the forum those days. That was about the time I had also ordered my speakers with them. The amp ( must have been a prototype designed by Dr Chandran) came through DTDC and was rendered quite unusable by the damage inflicted by the road journey. Of course I had not paid for the amp — times were simpler then— and I had to return it, which was accepted, no questions asked. The lesson learnt, the speakers were sent though pafex and the packing was bomb proof and in fact I had to hire a professional carpenter to uncrate it. The reason why I relate this is because packing is a highly skilled job and even then one cannot ever be hundred percent sure.
Thereafter I purchased a turntable from Mr Jacob. This too one came in a sorry state and had to be returned. Mr Jacob accepted the damaged item and sent me the Thorens which I have now. Perhaps I paid some differential amount , I don’t remember. Even this one couldn’t bear the strain of the journey and didn’t come 100% but I could live with that and in fact had quite an adventure getting it replinthed. I still remember my interactions with Mr Jacob with pleasure and in fact have recommended him to some young folk who want to get into vinyl.
I too want to put some of my old amps ( the Nad 325 bee especially ) and the book shelf speakers for sale but have no confidence in either my crating abilities or the freight company to deliver them in one piece, and therefore the decision gets postponed and I am stuck with some equipment which I really don’t use.

Last edited:
What is the secret in mentioning the member name here... Moderators are here to help to an certain extent, but they cannot take responsibility. All moderators are audiophiles and they know the pain of receiving the most wanted speakers on damaged condition. The pain of seeing it daily from the day of arrival without singing gives more pain.

Here you go on behalf of you : https://www.hifivision.com/threads/rethm-saadhna-v1.84381/

For sure this is the one you bought and it is from iIdore and as mentioned Rethm Saadhana in your thread.

What is the secret in mentioning the member name here... Moderators are here to help to an certain extent, but they cannot take responsibility. All moderators are audiophiles and they know the pain of receiving the most wanted speakers on damaged condition. The pain of seeing it daily from the day of arrival without singing gives more pain.

Here you go on behalf of you : https://www.hifivision.com/threads/rethm-saadhna-v1.84381/

For sure this is the one you bought and it is from iIdore and as mentioned Rethm Saadhana in your thread.

You really seem to enjoy getting details out, naming and shaming people. Lockdown fun innit !

The main concern here is the cost.1.5 lakh for most of us here is lifetime investment on entertainment.if it were to be 10-20 k the problem wouldn't have arosed.better both should discuss and sort it out.the seller should also respond to the sentiments of buyer .we know some things are not under our control but with discussion amicable settlement can be achieved.
Recently I sold my media player here.as agreed the buyer was supposed to pay me the shipping cost.but he didn't respond once the item was shipped and requested him to pay the shipping charges.i didn't make any fuss about it as it involved few hundred rupees but what matters here is the attitude of that person.inrespose I didn't bother to enquire wheather the parcel reached him or not.

Jatin, I feel for you honestly. But when things go wrong it's difficult to accept. Yes Im sure you hoped that the seller may help you out but thats not the case.

Think about it, was it genuinely a case of mis handling by the shipping guys ! How sure are you that the seller dint pack it well or intentionally packed it bad.

How did you take this up with him, did you blatantly blame him for sending a damaged product? Did you guys have a sane chat and discuss how this issue can be addressed. Heated talks will get us no where.

I hope the seller is reading this and I strongly recommend both of you to talk to each other and somehow help each other for the love of God !
Sir got 3 different shipment for FedEx 1 week Aprox intervals between them…
All were damaged. Do you think that’s possible? It’s only case of poor packaging..

I m very calm and composed person and I was talking to him yesterday properly and but in the end of discussion he said he can’t help me he got money I got what I purchased and blamed everything on shipping and disconnected the call

but I called him again to help me with setup. Speaker and amps are working but they have huge physical damages.

Sir got 3 different shipment for FedEx 1 week Aprox intervals between them…
All were damaged. Do you think that’s possible? It’s only case of poor packaging..

I m very calm and composed person and I was talking to him yesterday properly and but in the end of discussion he said he can’t help me he got money I got what I purchased and blamed everything on shipping and disconnected the call

but I called him again to help me with setup. Speaker and amps are working but they have huge physical damages.
This is the crack in first speaker which can be repaired by painter I agree but he will not do it for free and paint will never get matched.

this is crack 2 in speaker 1CBDCF7A4-B790-4AAD-9112-0A60E89F229A.jpeg

47D6751B-F016-4BF0-8249-2742515D664A.jpegD72A7456-1744-4CEA-A87C-8D4458DB85B6.jpeg5553EE4A-1F35-4737-93D4-42E40AF75BAA.jpeg

This was the cracks on preamp and source selector so not working it’s stiff and not moving.
seller said everything was ok when he sent
Just how this knob stopped working while shipping and I did not find any chip off wood in shipping box.

Attachments

• A78C8C18-D215-48B8-9B03-5D1862F54F8A.jpeg
    A78C8C18-D215-48B8-9B03-5D1862F54F8A.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 106
  • EBA7AC02-53DB-447B-9CC5-7EB5544451AD.jpeg
    EBA7AC02-53DB-447B-9CC5-7EB5544451AD.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back