Where to report defected items received from fellow member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sorry to hear this ! I’ve had to let go of amazing deals since I just refuse to buy used equipment without inspecting it or seeing it work, especially considering the prices for for audio these days.

How were they packaged, in the original box? Did they have enough bubble wraps, thermocol when you received them?

This is the condition of speaker I got it yesterday they are in such bad condition that back unit can’t be stand if it’s own. It’s base is dislocated due to bad packaging or shipping whatsoever

How were they packaged, in the original box? Did they have enough bubble wraps, thermocol when you received them?
No bubble rapper on speakers as he say nothing will happen as these original boxes were bullet proof

These are dream set for an ordinary audiophile in India. It is really a challenging stuff to pack and send it, particularly, other than the manufacturer/dealer who will have better knowledge of packing.
Second that. These are boutique items, and use exotic material like wood which is vulnerable to transit damage. I don’t know if this would assuage your pain and/or anger towards the seller, but in the last I have received the DHT preamp (post modification) from Lyrita, the manufacturer (who probably knows better than anyone else how to pack it) damaged in shipment. Courier in India can be unpredictably awful in their handling. Yes, of course Lyrita had the damage repaired at no cost to me and also bore one side shipping for the same, but the point am making is that such items are fragile in transit. So, please reconsider the insinuation of intentional shipment of damaged item by the seller. And work out with him a mutually acceptable way to resolve the issue. Even the seller might want to consider, on empathetic grounds though not legal, sharing in the cost of restoration with the buyer.

As for the Lyrita components, please speak to Viren and send him pics. He would surely help you restore them on very reasonable terms if I know him well.

There are more cosmetic problems that’s i m not mentioned as it may happen of extensive usage.
but these cracks and knobs not working and dismantle of base of second speaker I did not expected and not god know or seller knows the truth but my dream of perfect system is went to thrash.
I think I will never spend more in music equipments as world is full of cunning people.

No bubble rapper on speakers as he say nothing will happen as these original boxes were bullet proof
Well, looks like they were not Indian road proof. Jokes apart, I believe Lyrita has an official presence in Delhi. Talk to them and find if the damages can be restored and how much it will cost. Next talk to seller and come to an term amicably. Since, this deal is happened through HFV, probably moderators can mediates a deal between you and the seller to bear the cost of repair.

Very Sorry to hear. Please have a word with Viren ji and Mr.Jacob. Both are friendly people and will guide you to restore the products.

I think I will never spend more in music equipments as world is full of cunning people.
Be positive, there is a proverb, 'if money lost, nothing is lost' and can be earned back. We have lost our close relatives and friends who are young and energetic in lost couple of months due to pandemic, whom we never going to get back, but we are able to curse only the god and medical inadequacy. No body can predict what happens tomorrow, we all live with hopes and trust.
But in my experience, I come across more good people than bad people. Some times good and bad things comes in a single bundle. We can't stop, keep on going accepting both good and bad.

As for as the packing shared in above images, I can say, it is very in-adequate considering the weight and nature of the products. The original boxes will not ensure the safety since those are aged and lost their stiffness and unable to maintain right angles(cubicle shape) while moving. The products should have been first supported with wooden reapers and fastening (skeleton crate) with diagonal support and cushioning. Then should have housed in little bigger cardboard box. Being myself worked in a Stores department in one of the big Automobile industry for nearly 3 decades, I know how the packing should be, based on the products.

But for now, try to get back the system into working condition and keep enjoying music and share your experience. We love to hear some good things also.

Last edited:
This thread also makes me wonder why almost all the For Sale posts say “shipping risk borne by the buyer“ while actually it’s the seller who has more control on the packaging? Is it that pre-owned audio components is a ‘sellers’ market’? Isn‘t it fair to share the shipping risk? Or am I missing something?

Firstly, I'm the seller and I completely understand jatins frustration, completely relatable as I myself have faced such things with three purchases on forum... Has that stopped me from purchasing, no. Because, the cost is such.

I sold the following items to jatin at following prices
Rethm saadhana - 75k
Lyrita dht pre + 2A3 set amp - 35k
Pulz pre plus ha400 - 20k

Shipping cost was borne 50% by me
courier used - Fedex

Plus freebies such as -
Murthys speaker cables - worth 5k
Mogami interconnects - worth 5k
Extra lowther speaker - worth 25k
RCA tubes for 2a3 Amplifier
21 audio CDs
4-5 lps

Here are some of the videos and pictures sent to Jatin - https://photos.app.goo.gl/2joNqKmB9YzLoh4N9

Did I receive any complaint in how I packed the items before sending - No.
Did I offer to buy back the pulz and lyrita - yes as I had sold it purely as a system match convenience for jatin

He mentions I cut the phone - yes his third call in this regard where he accussed me of stitching up the rethm by using mseal?! I told him that the problem is now solved as he can fix it by mseal. Pls refer to pics. which I glad I date stamped using the days newspaper and sent it live to jatin.

I spent nearly 3.5 lakhs for this package. I took my loss. I can't take any more losses.

Sellers market? Not really, if buyer wants service, guarantees, assurances, then pls buy retail or take the trouble of picking the items, personally

never claimed I'm dealing in this forum, I'm open to hear from anyone on this forum if they have felt so. I have just sold my jbl 4312, f5 amp and cadence arista/va . All sucessfully delivered.

I'm posting as it is troubling to see how jatins genuine frustration has now turned into something where he feels I should take responsibility to, including coordination with Jacob..i can't, just not practical.

Last edited:
This thread also makes me wonder why almost all the For Sale posts say “shipping risk borne by the buyer“ while actually it’s the seller who has more control on the packaging? Is it that pre-owned audio components is a ‘sellers’ market’? Isn‘t it fair to share the shipping risk? Or am I missing something?
Probably the first very sensible post so far. All other FMs have questioned the poor buyer who lost a hefty amount enough to give him sleepless nights. One off package getting damaged is pure bad luck for a buyer but receiving all three packages in damaged condition is not just a coincidence.. Either the equipment was already in such a state which I do not suspect or the packaging was bad and it could not cope with rough handling.

Sellers market? Not really, if buyer wants service, guarantees, assurances, then pls buy retail or take the trouble of picking the items, personally
By the same logic, sellers should also not post here and instead should approach dealers or olx. Sales and purchases on hifi forums happen due to mutual trust.

None of those was intended in my ‘seller’s market’ comment. Only ‘sharing of shipping risk’. Why isn’t that fair? Again, my point is generic, not specific to (though triggered by) your transaction.

Well, looks like they were not Indian road proof. Jokes apart, I believe Lyrita has an official presence in Delhi. Talk to them and find if the damages can be restored and how much it will cost. Next talk to seller and come to an term amicably. Since, this deal is happened through HFV, probably moderators can mediates a deal between you and the seller to bear the cost of repair.
This will be a great support and I m very much open for it.

Be positive, there is a proverb, 'if money lost, nothing is lost' and can be earned back. We have lost our close relatives and friends who are young and energetic in lost couple of months due to pandemic, whom we never going to get back, but we are able to curse only the god and medical inadequacy. No body can predict what happens tomorrow, we all live with hopes and trust.
But in my experience, I come across more good people than bad people. Some times good and bad things comes in a single bundle. We can't stop, keep on going accepting both good and bad.

As for as the packing shared in above images, I can say, it is very in-adequate considering the weight and nature of the products. The original boxes will not ensure the safety since those are aged and lost their stiffness and unable to maintain right angles(cubicle shape) while moving. The products should have been first supported with wooden reapers and fastening (skeleton crate) with diagonal support and cushioning. Then should have housed in little bigger cardboard box. Being myself worked in a Stores department in one of the big Automobile industry for nearly 3 decades, I know how the packing should be, based on the products.

But for now, try to get back the system into working condition and keep enjoying music and share your experience. We love to hear some good things also.
Thanks I appreciate your motivation.

Probably the first very sensible post so far. All other FMs have questioned the poor buyer who lost a hefty amount enough to give him sleepless nights. One off package getting damaged is pure bad luck for a buyer but receiving all three packages in damaged condition is not just a coincidence.. Either the equipment was already in such a state which I do not suspect or the packaging was bad and it could not cope with rough handling.

By the same logic, sellers should also not post here and instead should approach dealers or olx. Sales and purchases on hifi forums happen due to mutual trust.
Totally agreed and this guy was members here since 2010 when I don’t anything about music and he mentioned that he is selling stuffs from 15-20 years and he know how to packaging. I don’t think was nowhere to question his capacity and capability…
I just trusted him as mostly people are here genuine and respectful.
But after my loss that he is responsible for he not taking any responsibility…

I can’t spend more on sending them back to rehtm factory and they charge me huge.

As for as the packing shared in above images, I can say, it is very in-adequate considering the weight and nature of the products. The original boxes will not ensure the safety since those are aged and lost their stiffness and unable to maintain right angles(cubicle shape) while moving. The products should have been first supported with wooden reapers and fastening (skeleton crate) with diagonal support and cushioning. Then should have housed in little bigger cardboard box.
Same thoughts. Very casual packing and would have worked for small and light weight speakers. No doubt the products got damaged during shipping

Firstly, I'm the seller and I completely understand jatins frustration, completely relatable as I myself have faced such things with three purchases on forum... Has that stopped me from purchasing, no. Because, the cost is such.

Rethm saadhana - 75k

courier used - Fedex

Plus freebies such as -
21 audio CDs
4-5 lps

Here are some of the videos and pictures sent to Jatin - https://photos.app.goo.gl/2joNqKmB9YzLoh4N9

Did I offer to buy back the pulz and lyrita - yes as I had sold it purely as a system match convenience for jatin

He mentions I cut the phone - yes his third call in this regard where he accussed me of stitching up the rethm by using mseal?! I told him that the problem is now solved as he can fix it by mseal. Pls refer to pics. which I glad I date stamped using the days newspaper and sent it live to jatin.

I spent nearly 3.5 lakhs for this package. I took my loss. I can't take any more losses.

never claimed I'm dealing in this forum, I'm open to hear from anyone on this forum if they have felt so. I have just sold my jbl 4312, f5 amp and cadence arista/va . All sucessfully delivered.

I'm posting as it is troubling to see how jatins genuine frustration has now turned into something where he feels I should take responsibility to, including coordination with Jacob..i can't, just not practical.
Sir, with all due respect. I did not forced you to sell these items and you sold it on which price the we agree.
pluzz was in prefect condition.

other 3 shipments of speakers and lyrita came on different dates and every shipment have defected and how is that possible.?

I see that there was mseal pasted in back module if one speaker whose base is damaged/ dislocated which show it was already weak and fixed before.
they are tuff speaker and can’t be damage in shipping.

Also you send pics while packing, why are you not sharing those pics of how I received them of damaged …
I also share you all pics and videos of how I received it.

You never share me any close up pics of speakers to see their condition only videos were shared and bks of your long presence in group and age I trusted you and paid money.

you yourself said many times both packaging of lyrita and speaker are original and like tank and nothing will happen in shipping. if you were not sure them y the hell you take my money…

Mr. be a gentleman and take responsibility of what loss you have costed me against my money.

you assure me everything will be ok and you are packing it original.

Last question lyrita preamp knob also not working you did not told me why ? Does it also happened in shipping if yes then that’s really a lie.

you mentioned every time I am doing shipping and selling item from 20 years or so and I trusted you. You did shipping and you booked shipper and if the problem happened in it why I am responsible for it ??

I am not a richi rich like you. I am common man who always had dream of buying very good stereo systems after following this website for 3-4 years and I save my money and invested in your system and you send me you shit in return and not even bothered of my pain.

I am sorry to say but you are not a good person sir.
I am sure fellow member will agree to what I saying…
I hope you never sell again anything and make fool of anyone anymore.
everyone have to pay for their sins here in this life only.
you made and my family really disappointed.

Rethm saadhana - 75k

courier used - Fedex

Plus freebies such as -
21 audio CDs
4-5 lps

If you are really genuine person then take responsibility of speakers and get them fixed for me and I will take care of lyrita

I am sorry, Looking at the state, I really can understand what’s going through. I am sure the seller knows there is a thread that’s ON and he should definitely get back on here to come clean.
Nobody does it deliberately. Trust me! Our shipping is definitely worse and if i were you, I may have drive down 1k Kms to get these stuff you got and it is really worth that trip. Ofcourse considering the current situation it’s difficult but with time it’s definitely doable.
What’s happened has happened.
Nobody can reverse that. It’s just you (victim) and the seller has to sort this out. We are just onlookers. We can just console you. How much of it will be of actual help? I don’t know.
Going by the image you shared, if I was in your place, I would have been much more heart broken than you are. Sort this out yourself and have a good musical dreams.
Shit happens guys. We are matured enough to handle these. Difficulties come and go and we being humans need to sort these things out privately as much as possible.
@Jatintan007, Sir, this is a learning for all of us and that does not mean we loose trust in one another. Have a cool conversation and see how it works out. If it does not, so be it. Like all say, there is someone watching all the time. Just like a world famous saying “WHAT GOES AROUND IS WHAT COMES AROUND”. It’s easy for all of us to comment on what we want but, what you and the seller are going through only you guys know.

Last edited:
He just wanted to make easy money by fooling people by selling his cheap equipment. I think he buy stuff from some chor bazar and sell here in very clever way to newbies like me.
I can understand your frustration. Please be careful next time and hope you get to fix the damage at a nominal cost.

When pictures are being shared of packing , how can seller be blamed?

Seller can even say if buyer was not sure he could have told to wood crate it.

If someone is old member does if make it his legal duty to teach someone how to assess how good is packing and all?

Again I say if buyer was not sure about packing why didn't he raise any question?

What if the parcel was damaged while taking it up to the third floor where buyer resides in his building?

Equal doubts can be raised from both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back