Which 2022 model 65" or 75" TV?

testlink

I am looking for a large scren TV with atleast 65" or 75" size. Can you please let me know whether there is any good 2022 model.

Any one faced any issues with Burn In on OLED TVs? I prefer good brands like Sony / LG / Samsung? Any suggestions? Thanks...

I am looking for a large scren TV with atleast 65" or 75" size. Can you please let me know whether there is any good 2022 model.

Any one faced any issues with Burn In on OLED TVs? I prefer good brands like Sony / LG / Samsung? Any suggestions? Thanks...
"Burn in" was more likely to happen to a CRT TVs. Infact most CRT tvs were rough used despite the permanent burn in risks as people were not aware of burn in risks. With OLEDs having light emitting diodes or emissive technology, Samsung and a few others are the culprits(surprisingly, the few others I mean are just the salesmen in stores pushing for QLED or FALD over OLED painting the fear of burn ins). Plasma TV which died because of higher electricity consumption being a repulsive marketing campaign may indicate OLED also retire soon because of the permanent image retention label they have created. But OLED was endorsed by Sony too on time second of the big three, hence the technology prevails. Samsung which beats around the bush too hard stopped blaming OLED technology in recent times as they advocate a derivative technology in their cell phone screens (AMOLED). Burn ins are possible only if repeat content is played for a very loooooong time over and over without letting it's inbuilt trouble shooting mechanisms not fend for itself - like a display set displaying same contents for a year non stop.

Go for a 65" OLED and come here for advice on what precautions you can take to prevent burn ins if that ever happens.

Before you decide on the OLED, do identify whether you are a contrast person i.e. someone who values shadow detail, or somebody who prefers brightness/luminosity i.e. bright and punchy pictures, especially during HDR playback.

Another thing to consider is that while OLEDs look great with good/great quality content, the gains are less palpable if the content (such as most videos on youtube barring those with high production budgets) isnt stellar.

Case in point, i got myself an LG G1 and i found its brightness to be underwhelming, especially in the context of flagship TVs, so much so that i had to immediately go buy an LCD TV (with full array backlight dimming and over 1600nits of maximum brightness) to compensate for what i was lacking.

Again, colours typically look better on an OLED but unless you do a side by side comparo, most people cannot tell.

However, the picture quality in a good LCD stands out immediately and gives immediate gratification, at least in my experience and based upon a focus group consisting of some friends. Again, this due to its much higher brightness/luminosity compared to OLEDs.

With respect to burn in, the OLED does give me sleepless nights (because i leave the TV running while sleeping :p) but only time will tell whether these concerns have any basis.

Lastly, do check out the new samsung mini LED tvs. Their black/shadow performance is supposedly only marginally behind that of OLEDs while its brightness is in a whole different league which OLEDs simply can't match up in any way, shape or form.

Before you decide on the OLED, do identify whether you are a contrast person i.e. someone who values shadow detail, or somebody who prefers brightness/luminosity i.e. bright and punchy pictures, especially during HDR playback.

Another thing to consider is that while OLEDs look great with good/great quality content, the gains are less palpable if the content (such as most videos on youtube barring those with high production budgets) isnt stellar.

Case in point, i got myself an LG G1 and i found its brightness to be underwhelming, especially in the context of flagship TVs, so much so that i had to immediately go buy an LCD TV (with full array backlight dimming and over 1600nits of maximum brightness) to compensate for what i was lacking.

Again, colours typically look better on an OLED but unless you do a side by side comparo, most people cannot tell.

However, the picture quality in a good LCD stands out immediately and gives immediate gratification, at least in my experience and based upon a focus group consisting of some friends. Again, this due to its much higher brightness/luminosity compared to OLEDs.

With respect to burn in, the OLED does give me sleepless nights (because i leave the TV running while sleeping :p) but only time will tell whether these concerns have any basis.

Lastly, do check out the new samsung mini LED tvs. Their black/shadow performance is supposedly only marginally behind that of OLEDs while its brightness is in a whole different league which OLEDs simply can't match up in any way, shape or form.
disagree with pretty much everything you wrote about oled.
If you want the best tv tech available at the moment, go with a oled from sony or lg.
I use my oled tv as a normal tv , and all this brightness discussion is nonsense. If your tv faces a unshaded window , all TVs will have issues. No one cranks up his LCD tv to maximum brightness to counter reflection , you block the window with a curtain.
Get a c1 from lg, by all accounts it's the best value oled at the moment.

If i'm not mistaken, 2022 models will land in stores some months into the year, not in Jan itself.

If i had the money i would get the LG C1.

I use my oled tv as a normal tv , and all this brightness discussion is nonsense. If your tv faces a unshaded window , all TVs will have issues. No one cranks up his LCD tv to maximum brightness to counter reflection , you block the window with a curtain.
This is my exact situation, a big transparent 6 by 8 foot Fenesta door (living room balcony entrance) directly facing my TV, which makes my room immensely bright with natural light during the day.

I don't think an OLED suits my use case at all, so the brightness discussion is not exactly nonsense. It's not as simple as just close your curtains and watch.

With proper usage you don’t have to worry much about Oled burn in. If you want a Tv with the best picture quality in terms accuracy nothing beats Oled and is the best tv tech out there in the market. But one thing to consider is your usage pattern and room. I have a c9 and use it for a dedicated HT room which is pitch dark. In such an environment you can clearly see the magic of Oled and why it’s way superior to any led tv’s out there. Put it in a bright room and watch some trash contents the purpose is lost and it’s no more then an inferior led tv with less brightness.

disagree with pretty much everything you wrote about oled.
If you want the best tv tech available at the moment, go with a oled from sony or lg.
So you like specs, sorta like top trumps. Whatever floats ones boat i guess. Subjectivity be damned.

But i do prefer watching a lot of content, especially animated movies on my LCD which can reach over 1600 Nits compared to my OLED which simply can't deliver the same punch. But yes, i do point out that i have the best TV in the market 'specs wise' to anybody who cares. For most others,i lead them straight to my LCD and see their jaws drop.

What are you talking about my friend? What reflections?

Btw, i have my LCD TV cranked to maximum brightness as does everyone else i know, reflections or not. Maybe i live amongst loonies but there sure seem to be a lot of us.

Get a c1 from lg, by all accounts it's the best value oled at the moment.
No debate there. However, if you want the brightest OLED , go for the G1 since the A90J is not available in India.

Last edited:
Guys back off! No brawls for once.

Let's summarise:

1) OLED for infinite contrast, eye-care, wide angle viewing, faster response time, gaming, avoiding blooming and for Blue Ray videos, colour accuracy, gentle handling, Dolby vision
2) for Lcd/led fald (or mini LED array local dimming) with QLED - the best alternative to OLED, brightness, contrast (not infinite contrast) , bright room viewing, young people who have no eye issues, colour brilliance and luminescence, rough use, Dolby vision (in Sony not in Samsung)

If price is not a factor then upcoming QD -OLED display like Sony A95K or unnamed Samsung version of the same.

QD -OLED is a new/ different OLED tech developed by Samsung Display ( Not to be confused with Samsung Electronics). From initial impressions ( Professional reviewers/experts) the QD -OLED seems like a definite step up over conventional WGRB OLED by LG Display.

QD -OLED is much more brighter, has much relaxed ABL , more saturated, has purer whites and are much less prone to burn in . By Googling one can find more details about the tech. Sony A95K is rumoured to have a full field brightness of 300 plus nits !!!

I dare say that WGRB OLEDs are on verge of being obselete but the QD -OLED is supposed to be crazy expensive therefore Mini LED offerings by different brands are very enticing alternatives.

Samsung 2022 Mini LED will only get better , LG QNED 99 and 90 are using a new IPS panel with a higher contrast ratio and much improved local dimming Even Sony has hopped on the Mini LED bandwagon this year with X95K n Z9K. BTW Sony is combining Mini LED with there legendary Backlight Master Drive ( last seen in 2016) Robert Zohn in a chat with FOMO was saying that X95K n Z9K have impeccable backlight control with nearly zero blooming and OLED like black levels.

Unless one gets a cracking good deal / bargain please avoid purchasing 2021 TVs. Mini LED with all the improvements and all round PQ seems like a good bet. Offcourse if money is not a factor and one likes self emmissive displays then as stated earlier QD - OLEDs by Sony n Samsung are much superior than WOLEDs by LG.

I would advise viewing the TVs in person side by side in a showroom. OLEDs are very dim and washed out compared to LEDs, some prefer this dim washed out dull image while others prefer the bright vibrant full of life image of LEDs. It's best to demo in person and see what you like rather than go by the biased views of online people who push either specs, their preferences or what they own. So my suggestion is go and see for yourself what you like and buy that.

I thought you preferred Sony,Samsung or LG. What’s your budget, screen size preference and what type of contents do you watch. If you are ok with budget brands then then MI 75 also have a good number of satisfied users in the forum.Check out the MI thread for more information. You will find a lot of misguided comments like the one above on oleds who have no idea on what picture quality is or who have 0 knowledge on 4k HDR. Just have a look at the tv shoot out and use this just as a reference and not as absolute. You will know what are all the parameters that make a good tv and what each techs excel over each other. FYI the sony mastering monitor which is the reference level display for all professionals is an OLED display. Choose what suits you best.

Last edited:

without going into tech.......if its pure picture quality that rocks your boat, it really is a no brainer...OLED!!! they talk about brightness or 400-500nits not being bright enough. I find my Lg OLED C1 extremely bright and actually need to turn it down. Yes, many will talk about Samsung QLEDs, which I also own one, BUT OLED is king!

I thought you preferred Sony,Samsung or LG. What’s your budget, screen size preference and what type of contents do you watch. If you are ok with budget brands then then MI 75 also have a good number of satisfied users in the forum.Check out the MI thread for more information. You will find a lot of misguided comments like the one above on oleds who have no idea on what picture quality is or who have 0 knowledge on 4k HDR. Just have a look at the tv shoot out and use this just as a reference and not as absolute. You will know what are all the parameters that make a good tv and what each techs excel over each other. FYI the sony mastering monitor which is the reference level display for all professionals is an OLED display. Choose what suits you best.

I need atleast 65" and would prefer 75". budget is 1 lakh. Mostly D2H contents.

I need atleast 65" and would prefer 75". budget is 1 lakh. Mostly D2H contents.
Then Oled doesn’t make sense at all. Any decent led tv will be good enough for D2H contents. IMO Oled is best used as a home theatre display for watching 4k contents in a dark room. For 1L budget it’s difficult for 75inch and if you extend your budget by 20-30K you can get the MI 75 which many in forum use and are happy with.

Hi,
You have enough time to sort budgets by the time the 2022 models hit our shores.
Please do keep some time aside for watching them side by side in showrooms.

On the other issues, if you intend to watch in a dark room OLED. Burn-in is not a risk worth worrying, really.
If it will be a bright room, other tech definitely.

Regarding pulling the trigger, in my experience, the best prices are as follows: launch offers > Diwali offers > in-between navratra festive offers.

LG is moving to Evo panels for its top end 2022 OLEDs.
The 2021 G1 did have noticeable brightness boost when I auditioned them alongside C1 and A80J

Sony has really upped its india price game and its 2022 units all promise to ship with VRR.

Last but not the least, hearing great things about the Samsung quantum dot tech.

The matter of size, I'd say really depends on your budget. If budget no bar, 75 if room can house it.

In all, you are best placed smack in the middle of a considerable tech evolution in the field. Play it slow and easy and be happy for years to come :D

K-pad nailed it. You may wait and watch and get the right TV for a smart price soon. Tv technology is seeing it's cocoon wither. Maybe you will end up with jaw dropping tv that fits your budget. TCL and Vu are not recommended though.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back