Which 2022 model 65" or 75" TV?

Thank you @Love4sound for your suggestion, as this dilemma has been running in my head for quite some time due to which I have been pushing my next buy.
I have read so many good things about the picture quality of OLEDs on this forum that I always tilt in favor of it. But I was not very sure to pull the trigger given the type of content and source that which we watch at my place.
Welcome. You can always have a demo in showroom and decide for yourself. I am sure for the contents mentioned you will find a good led tv convenient.

It will be good if you can share the changes in TV usage habits that one needs to adopt for potential buyers like me who are considering the OLED.

At my place the standard usage of a TV are for the following purposes -
Kids watch cartoon channels
Elderly watch the Soap operas
I watch sports and news
Movies are a favorite amongst most of us
We use the Satellite Channel (Tata Sky HD) for most of the above content
We also tend to watch movies and web series over OTT (usually on weekends)

In such a scenario is OLED recommended? If so, what changes are recommended in viewing habits to avoid potential burn-in?
Hello There,

There seems to be concerns expressed by FMs on the burn in issues with OLED.
To help folks make an informed decision - please have a look at this link - https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test
This is a test done on the LG C7 TV.
Please go thru. the link, will provide insights.

You may be surprised at the results.

I recently bought a C1 - after having owned a Plasma before this.
To my eyes - the PQ is a big improvement and now I understand why Folks rave about OLED.

Hope this helps
Cheers.

Hello There,

There seems to be concerns expressed by FMs on the burn in issues with OLED.
To help folks make an informed decision - please have a look at this link - https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test
This is a test done on the LG C7 TV.
Please go thru. the link, will provide insights.

You may be surprised at the results.

I recently bought a C1 - after having owned a Plasma before this.
To my eyes - the PQ is a big improvement and now I understand why Folks rave about OLED.

Hope this helps
Cheers.
Thanks for sharing the link. It is very informative.

While that should be the logical response, it isn't so in the case of OLEDs.

I had to drastically change my TV usage habits after getting the OLED in order to stave off any potential burn in. :rolleyes:
Frankly, I was a little bit careful in the initial days of ownership, but we splurged on it to use it the way it was meant to be.
It feels like getting a Mahindra MThar, not taking it off-road and babying it on smooth tarmac.

When the first hint of burn-in showed up, I wasted many hours trying to fix it via built-in pixel refresher, playing pixel refresher videos from youtube overnight and whatnot.

After a while, I accepted the fact that it's a permanent burn-in and kept using it as is till the PQ had become unwatchable.
That's when I initiated the conversations with LG India and after a year of patience/persistance/heated exchanges later, the panel was replaced free of cost in the 5th year.

Although the PQ is superlative on the new panel, having gone through the harrowing experience once, no OLED TV for me again.
I can live with a cheap large screen LED tv and replace it, rather than going through this all over again.

LG had automatic brightness limiter back then?
I haven't seen it on the settings directly as such on my B6.
I've heard of ways to access it via the service menu, but it never showed up on my tv after trying a few service menu combinations that I had come across on the internet.

The closest option I had was the energy saver mode, but the limited brightness was not to my liking in a well-lit room.
Hence had to turn it off after a while.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back