Which 2022 model 65" or 75" TV?

without going into tech.......if its pure picture quality that rocks your boat, it really is a no brainer...OLED!!! they talk about brightness or 400-500nits not being bright enough. I find my Lg OLED C1 extremely bright and actually need to turn it down. Yes, many will talk about Samsung QLEDs, which I also own one, BUT OLED is king!
a man of culture amongst all the philistines.
I started watching tv again only after buying a oled last year.
And I was very happy with the image quality of my old sony lcd.
It was like a light bulb moment, similar to driving a electric car for the first time. The lack of noise and vibrations , and the instantaneous power on hand was eye opening.

Buy a good quality oled and get 4k streaming connections. Become a couch potato again.

65" OLED for 1L is indeed impossible. Even the lowest end OLED LG A1 will cost you 1.6 - 1.7L at the very minimum.
Some older models like Sony A8F were available. Lacks 120hz and what not but PQ wise, up there with the very best still.

a man of culture amongst all the philistines.
I started watching tv again only after buying a oled last year.
And I was very happy with the image quality of my old sony lcd.
It was like a light bulb moment, similar to driving a electric car for the first time. The lack of noise and vibrations , and the instantaneous power on hand was eye opening.

Buy a good quality oled and get 4k streaming connections. Become a couch potato again.
very classy !

Hi,
You have enough time to sort budgets by the time the 2022 models hit our shores.
Please do keep some time aside for watching them side by side in showrooms.

On the other issues, if you intend to watch in a dark room OLED. Burn-in is not a risk worth worrying, really.
If it will be a bright room, other tech definitely.

Regarding pulling the trigger, in my experience, the best prices are as follows: launch offers > Diwali offers > in-between navratra festive offers.

LG is moving to Evo panels for its top end 2022 OLEDs.
The 2021 G1 did have noticeable brightness boost when I auditioned them alongside C1 and A80J

Sony has really upped its india price game and its 2022 units all promise to ship with VRR.

Last but not the least, hearing great things about the Samsung quantum dot tech.

The matter of size, I'd say really depends on your budget. If budget no bar, 75 if room can house it.

In all, you are best placed smack in the middle of a considerable tech evolution in the field. Play it slow and easy and be happy for years to come :D
Test, my friend, give it a few months and really sample some of the 2022 models.
This one's for you:

Is the below any good?-

Hisense 164 cm (65 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart Certified Android QLED TV 65U6G (Metal Gray) (2021 Model) | With Dolby Vision and Atmos​

or

TCL C815 Series 164 cm (65 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart Android TV With Integrated 2.1 Onkyo Soundbar (65C815)​

My preffered budget is around 90k. Or shall I wait for 2022 models? I can only wait till Feb 3rd week. Any help highly appreciated ...

It is better to ask which 65"+ size, TV brands are a MUST avoid?

VU, TCL, Hisense, Mi, Oppo, Motorola, Thomson, Jvc, Kodak

Any help with the below query?

Any TV brands which is a MUST avoid, considering reliability , performance , service center availability etc?
VU, TCL, Hisense, Mi, Oppo, Motorola, Thomson, Jvc, Kodak

Overstatement. This is why one should avoid paying heed to opinions.
You did not quote my full post -

I would advise viewing the TVs in person side by side in a showroom. OLEDs are very dim and washed out compared to LEDs, some prefer this dim washed out dull image while others prefer the bright vibrant full of life image of LEDs. It's best to demo in person and see what you like rather than go by the biased views of online people who push either specs, their preferences or what they own. So my suggestion is go and see for yourself what you like and buy that.

I advise people to see for themselves and decide. I also agree about opinions and say as much in my post. As for overstatement, isn't that an opinion too? I saw the TVs myself, my opinion is not an overstatement but preferences vary and like I said some may prefer this dim/washed out image. It really depends what you like.

What about hisense QLED range? Are they good for people looking for affordable / budget, QLED range? Thanks ...

Obviously like any other TV, I had used in the past ;)
Are you looking for anything specific, I can elaborate on the same accordingly.
While that should be the logical response, it isn't so in the case of OLEDs.

I had to drastically change my TV usage habits after getting the OLED in order to stave off any potential burn in. :rolleyes:

While that should be the logical response, it isn't so in the case of OLEDs.

I had to drastically change my TV usage habits after getting the OLED in order to stave off any potential burn in. :rolleyes:
It will be good if you can share the changes in TV usage habits that one needs to adopt for potential buyers like me who are considering the OLED.

At my place the standard usage of a TV are for the following purposes -
Kids watch cartoon channels
Elderly watch the Soap operas
I watch sports and news
Movies are a favorite amongst most of us
We use the Satellite Channel (Tata Sky HD) for most of the above content
We also tend to watch movies and web series over OTT (usually on weekends)

In such a scenario is OLED recommended? If so, what changes are recommended in viewing habits to avoid potential burn-in?

It will be good if you can share the changes in TV usage habits that one needs to adopt for potential buyers like me who are considering the OLED.

At my place the standard usage of a TV are for the following purposes -
Kids watch cartoon channels
Elderly watch the Soap operas
I watch sports and news
Movies are a favorite amongst most of us
We use the Satellite Channel (Tata Sky HD) for most of the above content
We also tend to watch movies and web series over OTT (usually on weekends)

In such a scenario is OLED recommended? If so, what changes are recommended in viewing habits to avoid potential burn-in?
I feel a good led tv will be much better suited for your usage over Oled. In the contents you mentioned above you are not going get much benefit from oled. I use my Sony led tv in my hall for such contents. For my pitch dark HT room I use c9 and it does wonders. I get to experience the superior image over any other displays under such environment which Oled can’t produce in a bright environment for low quality contents.

I feel a good led tv will be much better suited for your usage over Oled. In the contents you mentioned above you are not going get much benefit from oled. I use my Sony led tv in my hall for such contents. For my pitch dark HT room I use c9 and it does wonders. I get to experience the superior image over any other displays under such environment which Oled can’t produce in a bright environment for low quality contents.
Thank you @Love4sound for your suggestion, as this dilemma has been running in my head for quite some time due to which I have been pushing my next buy.
I have read so many good things about the picture quality of OLEDs on this forum that I always tilt in favor of it. But I was not very sure to pull the trigger given the type of content and source that which we watch at my place.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back