which avr to buy btw the Rx-V6a,RX-A880 and the RX-A1080

so i had a yamaha RX-V 685 earlier.i now want to buy new one.req:-
1.mainly music(spotify,usb,you tube music videos)
2.netflix or apple ir hotstar series
3.tv dth tatasky

i have polk s20 fronts as of now.

so shud i wait for the V6A or go for the RX-A880 or the 1080.reason i ask i see very less change in the 880 compared to the 685.

cost of Rx-A880- Rs 77000
cost of RX-A1080-Rs 97000

i am only interested if the A880 or the A1080 can provide a good difference in sound clarity and fidelity compred to the 685.Reason i dont want to spend a lac without much difference between the other two.please help.if its the aventage i will buy it next week.if not then will wait for the yamaha RX-V6a.Do u think shelling a lot if money for aventage will give me a good sound upgrade over the Rx-V685 that i owned.please advice
I would prefer A1080 in this list..

I would prefer A1080 in this list..
well i wud too provided the diff in SQ btw this and the 880/685 is well worth the money, i cud be spending elsewhere on a sub.if its worth it then def i am fine with continuing on a 2.0 for the next year till i have enough money to go for the sub and centre

Last edited:
That Sabre ESS9007 DAC is highly efficient in quality compared to burr brown dac in v685.

When I auditioned them, I certainly could feel the difference. But then I felt a difference between 3080 and 1080 too. Sabre pro 9026 is a class apart.

In your case, need to figure out what challenge you have. V685 isa very capable amp and it should not have any challenge driving S20s. Dont trust YPAO much, it's calibration is average at best. Are you struggling in stereo mode or 5.1 mode as well? Try settings in AVR - some combination here and there might work, what are other equipment in your setup?

i checked.first of all no previous models of denon are present in my home state.i checked the 3600 and they said only the 3700 is there at 1lakh 49 thousand inr.marantz dont have any dealers selling it as far as i checked.thats why leftwith only yamaha.wat i am confised is if i shud go for the v6a later wen it pops up in india or go with the A880.am still not decided if spending that much money is worth on the 1080 if it doesnt have much of a difference in the sound quality.am not concerned abt anythng else.ques is will i have a remarkedly better sound compared to my rxv 685 and will the 880 be a bit better than the 685 in terms of sound quality coz the upcoming v6a is almost 100w similar to the A880.

also wat am not going to use are:-
1. the preouts
2.a 9.2 channel.
just concerned about sound.will the diff in sound be justified for the extra bucks i pump in
while buying, everyone thing that preouts are of no use in future. But in my opinion these are most important feature, which help in expanding your setup later.

That Sabre ESS9007 DAC is highly efficient in quality compared to burr brown dac in v685.

When I auditioned them, I certainly could feel the difference. But then I felt a difference between 3080 and 1080 too. Sabre pro 9026 is a class apart.

In your case, need to figure out what challenge you have. V685 isa very capable amp and it should not have any challenge driving S20s. Dont trust YPAO much, it's calibration is average at best. Are you struggling in stereo mode or 5.1 mode as well? Try settings in AVR - some combination here and there might work, what are other equipment in your setup?

as of now its just two polks with a 685 that i owned.only started building the set up.to your ques yes for 2.0 set up.so thought how abt going for either the new V6a and wen i rang up i was told the prices for the previous year aventages.i always have this feeling that maybe aventages will give a better SQ.my plan was to save sm bucks by going for the A880 but as with evrythng the scope creep came in.i thought 20k more and then i can get the ess sabres and the 1080.so u will ask then why this confusion.only because if there is bit much of an SQ diff i wud live to buy a sub with the money and wait for the v6a.but everyone says the 880 is just the 685 with a 5th leg.so i guess thats settled.but now an stuck with the 1080 and though i have the money but thinking if its wiae to put all of it into an amp and again wait an year or so to again start spending on the centre and sub.thing is but hesitant to spebd around 1 lakh inr just on the amp.since i can audition i need to trust others to understand if i will be justified in routing the money to the 1080 purpose rather than for the sub and centers.

so i had a yamaha RX-V 685 earlier.i now want to buy new one.req:-
1.mainly music(spotify,usb,you tube music videos)
2.netflix or apple ir hotstar series
3.tv dth tatasky

i have polk s20 fronts as of now.

so shud i wait for the V6A or go for the RX-A880 or the 1080.reason i ask i see very less change in the 880 compared to the 685.

cost of Rx-A880- Rs 77000
cost of RX-A1080-Rs 97000

i am only interested if the A880 or the A1080 can provide a good difference in sound clarity and fidelity compred to the 685.Reason i dont want to spend a lac without much difference between the other two.please help.if its the aventage i will buy it next week.if not then will wait for the yamaha RX-V6a.Do u think shelling a lot if money for aventage will give me a good sound upgrade over the Rx-V685 that i owned.please advice
Go with Aventage, you won't regret. Their sound envelope and the details are mind blowing.

well i wud too provided the diff in SQ btw this and the 880/685 is well worth the money, i cud be spending elsewhere on a sub.if its worth it then def i am fine with continuing on a 2.0 for the next year till i have enough money to go for the sub and centre
Yes better sound quality and better quality components will be there in Aventage series.

Hi yours is a 2018 model reciever and best rated.I dont think you may get much difference in sound performance between 680 and 880.
Go for upgradation of the speakers now and dont think about upgrading your receiver. The difference you will be getting from a decent floor standing with a subwoofer added will be great. The receivers don't add much difference to the sound at all, one question where did you get the 880 offer of 77000? please share as my friend is going for one.
please go to the site for your doubts https://www.zkelectronics.com/compare/yamaha-rx-v685/usa/yamaha-rx-a880/usa-and-canada/

Hi yours is a 2018 model reciever and best rated.I dont think you may get much difference in sound performance between 680 and 880.
Go for upgradation of the speakers now and dont think about upgrading your receiver. The difference you will be getting from a decent floor standing with a subwoofer added will be great. The receivers don't add much difference to the sound at all, one question where did you get the 880 offer of 77000? please share as my friend is going for one.
please go to the site for your doubts https://www.zkelectronics.com/compare/yamaha-rx-v685/usa/yamaha-rx-a880/usa-and-canada/
kerala.

well the problem is all that is there in A880 is there in the V6a minus the 5th foot.V6a is 100w and also ypao with multipoint.thats why i put V6a as one of the options

since one guy asked here to look for marantz anybody from kerala who knows marantz dealers in ernakulam??

Try some different speakers. I think those S20s are causing the bottleneck.

As for Marantz, call up MZ. They'll put you in touch with local dealers.

I would strongly recommend to get floor standers with matching center, which will make a 5.0 now and SUB can be added later. You would certainly find the difference immediately for both movies and music. Polk S55, QAccoustics 3050i are couple of options that you can explore.

Try some different speakers. I think those S20s are causing the bottleneck.

As for Marantz, call up MZ. They'll put you in touch with local dealers.
ha ha talked to denon and marantz guys.no models left other than the x1600h.wen i called MZ it felt they werent much interested in selling.

MZ guys do act a bit pricey. But, they DO pass on your number to the local dealer. I got a call back within 5 minutes.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back