Which brands and how do i find them

Hello Anooj,

IME, they are very good for both movies and music equally. Never heard iQ9, but am familiar with iQ5 + Sub combo and compared to the later, the Ikon 6 is any day much better. If you really want a comparison, then you might want to consider the RS6.

The Yamaha will power the Dalis with out any problems. There is enough headroom for both components to perform well.

I??m not sure about the current pricing of these components; you will definitely find good bargains if you shop around a bit.

I find the Ikon Sub very good and match well with the rest of the system. Just in case you want to read a bit about them, check out these links.

Stereophile: DALI Ikon 6 loudspeaker
Dali Ikon 6 5.1 Speaker System reviews-whathifi.com
http://www.dali.eu/admin/filer/India_DALI_IKON_6_IN_Living_Digital_July_2008.pdf
AVHub - Hi-Fi - Product Reviews - Dali Ikon 6 Loudspeakers
DALI IKON 6 - Home Theater Systems - Electronics and Forum - HomeTheaterShack
http://www.avguide.com/file-download?review=2148
Dali IKON 6 Reviews

Happy auditioning!

One more query. Anyone heard the Klipsch RF 62 and 82 systems? How do u like them? M also adding the klipsch speakers for my consideration. Kindly enlighten me

Klipsch is one of the better american brands available at a reasonable price.
But can not compare the klipsch to the dali's or the MA spks, as normally an american product esp in this price range IMO are more bass heavy with a bit of extension. So it boils down to a matter of taste. You should def audition the klipsch. They will mostly be available with any onkyo dealer.
Hearing is believing.
All the best.
Cheers

Hi venkat,

EDIT:Venkatji, another point is since 663 is 5.1(don't need 7.1) wharfedale package helps me us eit well within my 1 yera warranty period.

Anooj, I am sorry for the late reply. I did see Un_leashme had replied. Just wanted to know where you are today. I have not heard the Dali's and would not be able to comment. But if you like the sound......

Cheers

Hi Sam
I am a surgeon too and an audiophile.
I have just moved into my new house with a home theater .I was suggested a simple ides by one of friends who works with Panasonic and who has been designing home theaters for long.he suggested to built the first half of the room with hollow bricks and fill up the hollow brick with glass wool.I did it and really it has worked wonders for me. I have Onkyo 505 av receiver with Jamo speakers. it is really fantastic and great idea which is cheap and works!!
About the equipment for 1.5 I recently did project for my friend using Onkyo 606 with kiplish speakers and sub with pioneer 600av dvd player. it was 1.55 in total and the combination sounds great

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back