Which earphones?

terrible

I've been thinking of getting a myself a set of earphones/earbuds that I can use conveniently for walking as well as on flights I take. Don't have much knowledge of headphones apart from Bose and MoFi. With a little bit of research I have honed down on Beoplay E8 and Jabra Elite Sport. Wondering if anyone has used this before and have any pointers. Open to other suggestions too. I'll be getting these from the US, so feel free to advise on any brand not available here.

Wow you sure have lots of money to splurge 40k on a earphone! You can get great headphones for around 15k or less. The earphones shouldn't cost more than that to get value for money....in my opinion. Besides headphones don't last! They get pulled and pushed , the cables can get damaged easily , it really isn't good to stick things into the ear canal, it's hard to get the right safe volume for it which can could cause long term listening loss without realising etc. I would never spend more than 2k for a "ear phone". Yes it wouldn't be great sound but that's all it's worth. Better to spend the extra money on music , some good stuff isn't available on the Net. You have to buy it! It always pays to plonk good money on better speakers! But it's your money! You can throw it away any way you want to.

I've been thinking of getting a myself a set of earphones/earbuds that I can use conveniently for walking as well as on flights I take. Don't have much knowledge of headphones apart from Bose and MoFi. With a little bit of research I have honed down on Beoplay E8 and Jabra Elite Sport. Wondering if anyone has used this before and have any pointers. Open to other suggestions too. I'll be getting these from the US, so feel free to advise on any brand not available here.
Not familiar with any true wireless IEMs yet. A more traditional route would be to pair the Shure SE535 with RMCE-BT1.

Wow you sure have lots of money to splurge 40k on a earphone! You can get great headphones for around 15k or less. The earphones shouldn't cost more than that to get value for money....in my opinion. Besides headphones don't last! They get pulled and pushed , the cables can get damaged easily , it really isn't good to stick things into the ear canal, it's hard to get the right safe volume for it which can could cause long term listening loss without realising etc. I would never spend more than 2k for a "ear phone". Yes it wouldn't be great sound but that's all it's worth. Better to spend the extra money on music , some good stuff isn't available on the Net. You have to buy it! It always pays to plonk good money on better speakers! But it's your money! You can throw it away any way you want to.

Do come in with advice when I need advice on speakers and splurge my fortune.

Not familiar with any true wireless IEMs yet. A more traditional route would be to pair the Shure SE535 with RMCE-BT1.

Absolutely, I have the SE325 and it changed everything! SE535 will defiantly be better, I have used bose also but i think they are overpriced and overrated - I also use soundmagic 10c with if for 1,700/- under 2k :p which i think are better than Bose. I would like to look into companies like RHA - Headphone Zone the on-line portal is a good place to start from.

All the best

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back