Which Hd Projector & screen for restaurant?

deep_blues

Hi guys! Looking to buy an inexpensive projector & screen for a restaurant to play sports channels preferably hd.
Budget for projector is max 30k & ordering through Amazon India
Considering:
1. Epson EB S41 with hdmi port
2. Egate 531
3. Benq 531 or 532
Which would you recommend of these or any other? Also which screen?
Thanks in advance!

What size screen do you have in mind? And the closest distance that patrons would be sitting at?

As you are based in Mumbai, I would suggest contacting these guys---http://www.technosales.co.in/
They are in Bhandup. They have manual and motorized screens, also deal with different projectors. The distance between the closest viewer matters as pixels are obvious in low resolution projectors. I would get anything above 1200 pixels horizontal at native resolution. If you want shar images you need to have a higher budget and go Full HD. Forum member @elangoas knows more about projectors. Hope he joins in the conversation.

Thanks for the input. I’m already using an Epson 8100 at home. Just didn’t want to spend that kind of money for this case, the property in question is in Shimla.
Any idea which of the above would match the criteria?

Egate seems to be the best as far as resolution goes. Benq and Epson are lower resolution but are different technologies with pros and cons. Some prefer DLP chipset(Benq) other's 3LCD (epson). I would suggest visiting any Reliance digital or Croma and see how they perform in daylight. No idea about the Egate, it's an LCD projector and probably not as bright as others, but having not seen it i cnnot vouch for nor ditch it. Depending on the ambient light expected, look at over brightness contrast levels. Darker rooms are preferred.

That sounds like a great idea. Will visit croma & take a look, hopefully they’ll have some on display.
Also will probably increase the budget a bit & go for a full hd.

Thanks @tuff

Hi guys! Looking to buy an inexpensive projector & screen for a restaurant to play sports channels preferably hd.

HD channels are 1080i resolution.. So best to consider a FHD resolution projector (or) atleast HD capable ones..

1. Epson EB S41 with hdmi port

I have not used this projector.. But, from the specs, it is 800 x 600 native resolution and 4:3 AR capable projector.. Brightness should be ample as it is lamp based projector..

2. Egate 531

I have used this projector for a years time.. Brightness may not be sufficient, especially in a restaurant with ambient light.. It is not bad, but the lack of brightness may deter the expereince..

3. Benq 531 or 532

This also is like Epson EB S41, with 800 x 600 native resolution, 4:3 AR capable projector.. Again, brightness should be ample as it is lamp based projector..

However, i would suggest you to consider a Egate K9, (DLP-LED) projector, which has 1280 x 800 native resolution and 16:10 AR that will closely match the sports HD channels 16:9 AR.. They would be decently bright enough and should do the job.. It also has Android built in.. So playing any videos from the USB port will be added bonus.. Also since it is powered by LED bulbs, there wouldn't be a need to replace it until it exhausts its life time..

Thanks for the detailed response @elangoas. That sounds great & within budget too.
Amazon reviews are a little sketchy so just wondering if you’ve seen it perform.
Also could you recommend a good 16:9, screen too. Was considering the Inlight 7 by 4, 92 inch one

Thanks for the detailed response @elangoas. That sounds great & within budget too.
Amazon reviews are a little sketchy so just wondering if you’ve seen it perform.

Nope.. I was considering to buy one for my bedroom.. But bought an LG from US since i had an opportunity..

Here is a youtube link of the product -

If you are getting E-gate K9, then there is an option for extended warranty.. You can buy it directly from the companay with 1 + 2 yrs warranty.. so you are covered for 3 yrs..

Also could you recommend a good 16:9, screen too. Was considering the Inlight 7 by 4, 92 inch one

Most of the screen aval on amazon.in are manual pull down type, with & without insta lock.. If you have regular wall and want to pin the projector screen to wall, then map type might work cheaper.. Which one do you prefer?..

something like this -
41jWdxItACL._SL1076_.jpg

(or)

something like this..
813weLSXbhL._SL1500_.jpg

Have just emailed the company & will talk to them tomorrow for the best price & warranty.

Thinking of going with the 2nd type (pull down with instalock)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back