Which is best budget cartridge for Pro-ject Debut III

Tanoj

Hi friends,

Merry Christmas!!!

I am planning to upgrade my cartridge (currently ortofon om ... not sure what version) is mounted

Also I am planning to purchase a new phono stage from Sachin's Diy phono..used it earlier too ..it was nice

I checked online for the tonearm specs:

Effective tonearm length: 8.6" (218.5mm). Effective tonearm mass: 9.5gm. Overhang: 18.5mm. Supplied counterweight compatible with cartridge mass: 3.5–5.5gm.

My friend suggested me Nagaoka Mp-110 cartridge ... But looks like its maas is 6.5g

Shall I go with this cartridge ?

Best Regards

Tanoj

The Effective Tonearm Mass is supposed to be the EXCESS mass centered on Tonearm pivot bearing.. Still if counterweight isnt capable of balancing 6.5 grams, you can glue 1 gram mass to counterweight in order to use your another 6.5 gram cartridge. In my opinion, this silly excess mass should not tense/pressurise central bearing of your project TT.

The Effective Tonearm Mass is supposed to be the EXCESS mass centered on Tonearm pivot bearing.. Still if counterweight isnt capable of balancing 6.5 grams, you can glue 1 gram mass to counterweight in order to use your another 6.5 gram cartridge. In my opinion, this silly excess mass should not tense/pressurise central bearing of your project TT.
Exactly, you can always glue the extra mass. The nagaoka mp-110 is a fabulous cartridge and will pair well.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back