which is better

bobby76

I would like to know which one of the following is better

1) Panasonic tx-32lx800
2) sony KLV-32v550
3) sony KLV-32w550

I am not considering lower end models from these companies(e:g LE8 or S550 etc)

thanks for your help

that depends on ur viewing distance and content u watch,whether SD content,HD movies/gaming.

that depends on ur viewing distance and content u watch,whether SD content,HD movies/gaming.

i would rule out the W550A because of the cost,unless of course u have some space constraint and have to have the best 32inch.

Content is TATA sky and upscaling DVD player from sony or samsung(to be purchased with tv) viewing distance is 8feet

1) Panasonic tx-32lx800
2) sony KLV-32v550
3) sony KLV-32w550

thanks for your help

If you have a 7- to 8-feet viewing distance and you most of the time watch SD content, and if you can stretch your budget, you will be happy for the rest of your days with a Panasonic PV8/80 (2008 model - subject to stock) or for that matter a 40-45k plasma from new Panny series or Samsung.

1) Panasonic tx-32lx800
2) sony KLV-32v550
3) sony KLV-32w550

thanks for your help

sony KLV-32v550.
Good quality. VFM.

Content is TATA sky and upscaling DVD player from sony or samsung(to be purchased with tv) viewing distance is 8feet

well at 8 feet u won't notice the benefit of FHD on a 32inch,so u can go for the S550A,alternately if space is not an issue u can also go with the plasma way,u will get a bigger screen for the same price as a good 32inch lcd.

well the upscaling department is actually better in the sonys with BE3 engine.

man i will go with spiro on the upscalign front - the panny lx800 looked fabolous i comparison to the sony v550 - detail, black levels (sony was showing grey instead of black - and my friend on friday actually said the sony was better in comparison to the panny (the harley mobike clips that play in showrooms - the tyre clours in sony was washed out but visible throughout - the panny gave sharper blacks - in another scene tomatoes were blood red in the sony whereas the panny provided better natural colours and it was even for normal airtel TV - agree bE3 engine is better than BE2 in this department but a cool 10k over the panny is way too much IMHO)/

My money is on the panny (BTW the samsung b530, sharp aquos etc were outgunned completely - the lG jazz was marginally better).

PS: Test done on friday afternoon with a friend - I will post a nice review trying to articulate why people go fro brands like sony, sharper brighter unnatural colours of red (while he was planning to use it as a normal PC monitor) and over processed images.:rolleyes:

well the upscaling department is actually better in the sonys with BE3 engine.

Well I am not considering the engine but final output.
I have tested sony LCD with DVDp comp output directly(no switch)of DVD Narnia & colour on sony looked unnatural,even edges were not as sharp as Pan LE8.looked little washed out,

I saw same DVD with Pan LE8 with composite with DVDp kept far(10ft)&pic was very clean ,natural & no jaggies.

Well I am not considering the engine but final output.
I have tested sony LCD with DVDp comp output directly(no switch)of DVD Narnia & colour on sony looked unnatural,even edges were not as sharp as Pan LE8.looked little washed out,

I saw same DVD with Pan LE8 with composite with DVDp kept far(10ft)&pic was very clean ,natural & no jaggies.

but when u tested it wasn't those tvs with BE2.anyway no one can say how good a image processing engine is without looking at the final output,unless off course they have some internal white papers.
but the BE3 engine based sony lcds have much better upscaling.

but when u tested it wasn't those tvs with BE2.anyway no one can say how good a image processing engine is without looking at the final output,unless off course they have some internal white papers.
but the BE3 engine based sony lcds have much better upscaling.

Its possible that BE3 may be better,I compared only 2008 models ,not new one.
Hemant=DVDp was Sony with sony & LG with pan.Dont remember model no.

Unless same DVD and cabl is used an side by side comparision is done ,results may vary IMHO

how about pioneer

you can get best picture from it as compared to others

or lg scarlet it also get superb picture and beautiful design

Its possible that BE3 may be better,I compared only 2008 models ,not new one.
no wonder check out the BE3 tvs u will notice the improvement.image processing is the one that makes a difference,for instance there are lots of tier2 tvs companies out there that use the same panel as u may find in samsung or sony or lg or panasonic but sell for lesser price,but these tvs lack the advanced image processing that tier 1 companies have.
even sony and samsung use the same panel but when sony introduced Bravia engine in 2006 it become no 1 in sales and performance in the US despite the premium pricing.

Last edited:
Unless same DVD and cabl is used an side by side comparision is done ,results may vary IMHO

you are right,but look at source-Sony with sony LCD,supposed to be good combo with component connection whereas Pan with LG,composite connection from far.
In this case Sony shld look better than Pan,but result is opposite.

adder@Thanks, I will see new range of Sony LCDs.

Panasonic LCDs do better upscaling with SD vid than other brands.

Hello

I just bought a Panny 32LX80 for 29k and am very pleased with it. Am using it with normal cable and the sd processing is really good. Better than the new Sony 32V550 . The Sony images were very soft though the colors were more vivid. But then the sony will put you back by 46.5k v/s the panny costs 29k.

Panny is surely VFM.

Hello

I just bought a Panny 32LX80 for 29k and am very pleased with it. Am using it with normal cable and the sd processing is really good. Better than the new Sony 32V550 . The Sony images were very soft though the colors were more vivid. But then the sony will put you back by 46.5k v/s the panny costs 29k.

Panny is surely VFM.

I got same info as Sony colours looked artifitial than pany.

Back