Which is the best cdp under 20-25 K

whats the amplifier and speakers u are using . Marantz have a very good model CD 6002 for around Rs.25000/- and CA 640 is also a good buy . Marantz CD 5003 is for Rs.20000/- but have not heard them.

mohan

whats the amplifier and speakers u are using . Marantz have a very good model CD 6002 for around Rs.25000/- and CA 640 is also a good buy . Marantz CD 5003 is for Rs.20000/- but have not heard them.

mohan

I picked up the Marantz cd6002 for 18K in India. The international price is 14K on average.

The 5003 I believe can be had for 14K.

Regards

Dear Soundofmusic,

I have corrson pm1 valve pre-amp and dual mono power coupled with corrson floor standers with scan speak drivers. I also have a Yamaha AX 592 and corrson floor standers with vifa drivers.

I have already seen cd6002. I think there is a new model cd6003 with usb and no idea about pricing & availability.

thanks

Venu

Venu, take a look at the new 515 (originally and mistakenly written as 151) and 525 CD players from NAD. They are both less than 20K and perform quite well. NAD has revamped the DACs circuitry and they sound nice and clean.

Cheers

Last edited:
Venu, take a look at the new 151 and 525 CD players from NAD. They are both less than 20K and perform quite well. NAD has revamped the DACs circuitry and they sound nice and clean.

Cheers

Venkat, you meant 515 (not 151), I think.

Well, even before whatever revamping tne DAC circuitry you are talking about above, I always liked Nad CDPs, very smooth sounding. The 542 was a gem and 521 was also good.

The new ones I have not heard, I think. But they are always a good choice in this price segment as well as Marantz 6002 (didn't like the ones below, that is 5000 series). I have not heard 6003.

Regards.

See if you can get used from USA E-bay. There are some real good modded Marantz cd players for sale.
If someone is getting for you then its worthwhile else shipping costs are just too much

Dear all,

I will audition marantz cd6002 next week and come back to you. Any comment on my amp & speakers?

BR,
Venu

Hi Gobble,

The normal selling price is 78K and I got it with different component quality (no DACT attenuator,...) at a lesser price! Later when I can afford, I will upgrade/replace those components. Pl contact Corrson.

Thanks
Venu

Hi Gobble,

The normal selling price is 78K and I got it with different component quality (no DACT attenuator,...) at a lesser price! Later when I can afford, I will upgrade/replace those components. Pl contact Corrson.

Thanks
Venu

Out of budget, but thanks for the info ! :)

Cheers

Dear all,

I will audition marantz cd6002 next week and come back to you. Any comment on my amp & speakers?

BR,
Venu

Hi gvenu,

i have heard this same system at Siva's house at Bangalore - the floorstanders had Scanspeak kevlar midwoofers - 8540 - i think and scanspeak 2905/9000 tweeters. - are yours the same?

I remember a rich, lush sound with slightly overemphasised bass, but non-fatiguing- the tweeter was perfect!

what are your impressions?

Hello Suri,

The speakers are: mid woofer scan speak 8545K00 carbon fibre/paper cone and tweeter 2905/970000. The cabinet is made of wood/ply wood and mdf combination.

The soud stage and imaging are very good and bass is crisp and tight and the highs are really a treat for my ears. Truly neutral sound no coloring! It is very new and need some more running-in and also I need a better cdp and cables for enjoying the corrson amp+speaker combo.

BR,
Venu

hi
you might also consider the denon cd player dcd700ae. im using them with my denon pma2000ivr with deftech bp7004s and qed interconnects.the sound is smooth but detailed.and the denons are made in japan.

Hi Venu,

Our forum member Vinny (square_wave) uses the full-blown Corrson PM-1 pre-amp with his Odyssey Stratos (with cap upgrade to 120 K microFarad) stereo power amp. He also has the Corrson floorstanders I believe. I have seen the pictures of his set-up in some other (can't remember now) forum, and the PM-1 looks absolutely gorgeous. Square_wave, as I believe, is ecstatic about the sonic qualities. In my communications with Siva of Corrson and also with Vinny, I have come to know that now Corrson has another pre-amp (priced around 50-55K, as far as I can remember) which is very similar to PM-1 in design and sonic qualities, but does not use as expensive components as the DACT attenuator and Jensen caps etc. Is this the one you have, Venu?

Regards.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back