which is the best speakers for marantz amplifier 6012

amrish

I have Marantz 6012 receiver and epson 6700W projector now i m confused to buy a best speakers for that product so please tell me best speakers for that.

If you state your budget, room size,and source it would be helpful for others to recommend speakers or packages.

I have Marantz 6012 receiver and epson 6700W projector now i m confused to buy a best speakers for that product so please tell me best speakers for that.
Its mainly your hearing taste ,which needs to be considered. Since u already bought the AVR ,do some good audition with your AVR possibly to find out which suits to your taste and budget.Search for Hifi audio dealers in your hometown,who can offer you good audition.
As general guide ,the following can be considered.

Wharfedale Diamond speakers
Dali Zensor speakers
Taga Harmony speakers.
Emotiva Airmotiv speaker
KEF Q series speakers.
Elac
Klipsch
Jamo

Most speakers will gel well with the Marantz SR series....it all depends on your budget, what kind of speakers you want (FloorStanders, Bookshelf etc) and what size (appearance).....

Some speakers are designed to give good HT effects but manage a decent job for music....some speakers are more musical.....

Depending on your use, you need to audition brands and decide....lots of dealers and places in Mumbai......perhaps you should make a trip here.....or if you have enough dealers at your location....you can list down what speakers you have heard and which avr or amp was used...list down and we can perhaps guide you...

Amrish- In my opinion speaker selection is the single most important part in building your entire audio system. It is like a fixed upfront investment that will serve you with a wonderful listening experience for a long time, if selected correctly (as per your choice). So one needs to be a little careful when going through the speaker selection process.
It is a good idea to read speaker reviews in different audio magazines or solicit feedback on different brands to get started but none of these will tell you how a particular speaker would sound in your room. So a key part of this evaluation process would be to ask for home trial for a month or so. I don't know whether this service is avaiable in India but it (free home trial) is very common in the US, well supported by almost all audio manufacturers. So after auditioning speakers in stores ask for a free home trial (you pay the full amount when taking the speakers home with an assurance that dealer/manufacturer will return you the full amount if you return the speakers within 30 days w/o any damage). If dealers don't provide this service feel free to talk to the maunfacturer and ask for it.
Thanks.

Amrish- In my opinion speaker selection is the single most important part in building your entire audio system. It is like a fixed upfront investment that will serve you with a wonderful listening experience for a long time, if selected correctly (as per your choice). So one needs to be a little careful when going through the speaker selection process.
It is a good idea to read speaker reviews in different audio magazines or solicit feedback on different brands to get started but none of these will tell you how a particular speaker would sound in your room. So a key part of this evaluation process would be to ask for home trial for a month or so. I don't know whether this service is avaiable in India but it (free home trial) is very common in the US, well supported by almost all audio manufacturers. So after auditioning speakers in stores ask for a free home trial (you pay the full amount when taking the speakers home with an assurance that dealer/manufacturer will return you the full amount if you return the speakers within 30 days w/o any damage). If dealers don't provide this service feel free to talk to the maunfacturer and ask for it.
Thanks.

Wish this was available in India...besides the huge mark up we pay in India...no home demo......

Heck. They don't even have demo piece for some models at dealer location as well. Dealers just don't care here.

Very sorry to hear that. I am sure that this service will be available in India at some point in the future. Could you guys not call up the manufacturer and have a conversation about it?
When i was growing up in Cal during 80's I had a similar experience which i wanted to share with you. I went to an audio store to demo a Sonodyne Urenus stereo system. I was in 8th grade at that time. The objective was to listen to the system and perhaps touch it before asking my dad to buy it for me. The person at the store looked at me and asked do you have the money to buy it? I didn't have any money let alone a big amount required to buy a stereo system at that point. I said no i don't have it now but i will come with my dad to buy it if i like the sound. The guy replied, I will demo the system when you come with your dad. Needless to say how insulted i felt at that time but now this is a basic service that every store offers in Cal.
So free home trial will also be a regular service in our country going forward. It's just a matter of time.
Sorry for the long-winded story.
Thanks

Most of the speakers available in market today will go well with your receiver. Speakers selection is one of the most challenging task in building a good system and requires lots of information, auditions and time. A good quality speakers can last with you for many years and rearly need upgradation. Before selection of speakers some homework in this regards play a key role which ease your work.
1. Budget ...
The most important part is budget. There is no point in audition of speakers which you can't afford to own. Instead of that you can invest this time in your budget speakers.
2. Space...
Space is another important factor need to be consider because speakers eats lots of space. They need extra space to breath. Placement of speakers plays key role in overall performance of system. Instead of going for bigger speakers it's better to have speakers which can be easily accommodate in available space and can perform to optimum level. People do crave for floor standing speakers but bookshelf/subwoofer is also one of the great option to consider.
3. Usage....
Usage of system in stereo mode or multichannel mode decide the type of speakers. For HT use, a powerful or dual sub can give more dynamic and impactful movie experience. For Stereo, a good pair of floor standing speakers may be sufficient to have wider sound stage and strong image.
4. Sound signature...
Some speakers are warm some are bright and some are natural. Warm speaker with warm amplifier may sound dull or bright speakers with bright amplifier may cause ear fatigue. So synergy and careful matching of speaker and amplifier is important for overall sound signature of the system.
Following are some of the speakers may be suitable for Marantz SR 6012
1. KEF Q Series
2. Monitor audio Bronze series
3. Paradigm Monitor series
4. Elac F Series
5. Tannoy DC series
Dali,Polk, Mission, Boston Acoustics, Emotiva are some of the other options available in the market.
Exploring and auditioning more number of speakers will give you exact idea, what kind of sound signature suit you and selection become easy.

Do we have any Aerial Acoustics speaker owner here in this group?
Few other very popular brands are
PSB, Totem, Harbeth

Hi amarish...will need a lot more info if you need suggestions.

The marantz has a warm and mellow sound. So depending on what sound signature you like, people can suggest from their listening experience.

How big is your room. It will be the floor stander vs book shelf debate. Also important to know how far you can have the speaker from your back wall.

Budget

Next will be HT performance vs musicality. Both are not mutually exclusive, but not all can do both.

Some speakers are warm some are bright and some are natural. Warm speaker with warm amplifier may sound dull or bright speakers with bright amplifier may cause ear fatigue. So synergy and careful matching of speaker and amplifier is important for overall sound signature of the system.
Thanks for your detailed explanation. I have query on Marantz 5005 + Wharfedale 220 - Is both are Warm signature ? Is it good combo ?
Will it be good match for long listening and should not cause ear fatigue.

The above comb is very good for stereo listing session, but I will suggest to go for WD225 for better low end extension. MA Bronze 2 is also good option with Marantz which will give you more high end details than WD with same kind of low end extension. Cost more than WD.

Marantz mentions B&W as perfect pair for its amps/avr in their website
That's because the same group owns both including Boston accoustics.
There are many other brands that go well with Marantz like Quad, Wharfedale, Dali, Monitor Audio, Kefs etc.
Hearing them for yourself if possible with different brands is the best option

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back