• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Which is the best tool for removing duplicate files on desktop

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com

petes

Folks - I have been using my computer for almost 18 years with addition of multiple hard-disks over the period of time. I am having over 3TB of data which is spread across different hard-disks (Internal/ External) and obviously giving room for duplicate files.

I am looking for a best freeware tool to clean up this mess. I am totally fine with paid version, if it does the job accurately.

Just a rough analysis of contents

Photos and Videos 70%
MS-Office 20%
Other files 10%

Help me

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

sdk

If you are planning to consolidate to one hard disc then try freefilesync

Set up your folders, copy from different hard discs to the consolidated one and delete/format the sources

Hiten

+1 to Ccleaner. It is usefull tool with other opetions too. Be carefull with registry cleaner though.
Regards

Mayank Shah

Ashampoo Winoptimizer and Glary Utilities. Been using both since a long time. Works brilliantly. Also has options to permanently delete files and wipe the free space amongst many more.

Naturelover

Staff member
Ashampoo Winoptimizer and Glary Utilities. Been using both since a long time. Works brilliantly. Also has options to permanently delete files and wipe the free space amongst many more.
I see Ashampoo is giving away the full version for free. Hope no hiccups later.

SPONSORED ADS

sandeepsasi

Hi,

I don't know whether these tools can catch files with different names. I often rename files if I find that the names are unnecessarily long. In this situation, I usually write simple Python scripts for the job, which internally use md5sum command to identify files with same content but having different names.

SPONSORED ADS