which media player to upscaling audio file through USB on Bluray player

Marinerme

Which nvidia shield (support all the format) to buy from Australia. my use is only listen to music and watching movies through usb port on Br dvd player. Suggest the which model.Older model will also do. How much this will cost in Mumbai or on amazon.in. Thanks.

I assume that you want to buy nVidia shield. I would suggest you to get nVidia shield pro 2019 as it comes with 2 usb ports for your requirement. As for Video it offers very good upscaling to 4K not sure about the upscaling on audio(as you mentioned in your title). You will not need your Blu Ray player for playing from USB anymore. Additionally you can passthrough high quality lossless tracks from movies to your AVR which for sure will enhance your movie experience.

- nVidia shield is not available officially in India, better buy it from Australia if any one you know can carry it for you.

- You can buy through amazon.com (US website) , which ships from USA( shipping + import duty extra) and you will end up paying double the cost.

So the choice is yours.

nVidia sh
I am more interested playing my audio/ vidio files from hdd through usb port with avr (Marantz). Model you recommend nvidia shield tv pro 2019 price is higher, can you please recommend something little cheaper. I am not using this for game or any thing else.your suggestion is welcomed.

USB port in AVR will support only audio files, none of the AVR I know has video play support. What model of Marantz do you have?
If Nvidia shield looks costly, what is the budget you are looking at?

Hi I have marantz avr nr 1509 with Sony B ray BDP- S 380 very old model.My budget is around 8000 to 10000 rs. Say 200 aus $ I can stretch it little more.

please use himedia q10 pro media player.
I am using it since long time.

This is still beyond his budget. @Marinerme sadly none of the mainstream products would fit your requirement. Do have a look at other media player options..

I did a quick search found that new nVidia shield pro (2019) is not available in online stores. If you are ok with the previous version of nVidia shield it is still available for slighly lower price(aus - $249), which works out to 12500.

This is still beyond his budget. @Marinerme sadly none of the mainstream products would fit your requirement. Do have a look at other media player options..

I did a quick search found that new nVidia shield pro (2019) is not available in online stores. If you are ok with the previous version of nVidia shield it is still available for slighly lower price(aus - $249), which works out to 12500.

yes of course, u can connect to avr via HDMI,WIRELESS U CAN share it on tv via miracast. Pen drive,hard drive can directly can be connected to usb drive of media player.can share ur content via airplay,miracast ,dlna etc.it is good for music also but may not work like himedia player.
I am using himedia player , u can opt for lower version of himedia player

Last edited:
Back