which one to buy ? Klipsch promedia 2.1 vs Edifier s530 vs corsair sp2500

rahin88

Hi guys,

After searching for external speakers for my 40 inch Samsung un40eh6000f TV. I got few suggestions. which one to buy from these ? any advice/reviews/comparisons ? Here are what I found for less than 13k. are there any others I missed under 13k which give more bang for buck than these ?

1. Edifier S530 : I am highly oriented to this. but couldn't find and reviews for this and this costs me 13k. My likes
a. 145w RMS
b. wireless remote
c. optical input

2. Klipsch Promedia 2.1
My likes:
a. lot of good positive reviews but no optical input.
b. 200 W RMS

3. corsair sp2500
a. 232 W RMS
b. good reviews but It doesn't have optical input. should optical input really matter ? does it improve sound quality ?

Is that ok to buy products released 2 or more years back now ?

Thanks
any comments/advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Out of 3, none i find fitting for TV output. Edifier/ Klipsch both are well suited to music while Corsair is good for gaming/movies.

Why don't you look for a good Soundbar which is meant for TV.

here is a link

Thanks for the reply but 19k is a bit out of budget. what do you say about this one Samsung HW F350 or JBL SB 200 ?

I guess your budget is around 13k. Check these 2. It got good rating from user.

Jbl
Phillips

The SB 100 gives only 30W output. which my TV already gives (2X10 W).
I already checked the Philips Dsp475u. But I couldn't find it in any official site. there is no product listed on Philips site with this model name. and No specs are clearly mentioned anywhere and atlast no mention of it in hifivision at all.

Hi All,

This Diwali I am planning to buy Philips Dsp475u. I am getting it at around 4200 in Pune.
How is its review, and any similar product in this range(Upto 8k). I dont want to buy HT(As not comfortable with wires all over the place)

Thanks in Advance

I have a 2 month old Promedia 2.1. Its a good speaker. I am thinking of selling it since I am not using it any more, if anyone wants to know how it sounds then you are free to audition it at my place.

The Philips Dsp475u is pathetic. I have it and it gives me a headache. I couldn't tolerate the dub-dub from the "subwoofer" and have permanently turned it off. We mostly only watch news on TV and the domestic helps watch their serials - so tolerating it for now. My son has just about started playing games on TV and i think i'll get rid of this "soundbar" soon. I'm inclined to go with one of the options suggested above (klipsch, swans or the Edifier).
@gurujee, is there a strong reason you say these speakers are not meant for TV output? Can i not connect component outs of tv to these?

The SB 100 gives only 30W output. which my TV already gives (2X10 W).
I already checked the Philips Dsp475u. But I couldn't find it in any official site. there is no product listed on Philips site with this model name. and No specs are clearly mentioned anywhere and atlast no mention of it in hifivision at all.

If
1. your room is small
2. you are ok with soundbar
3. your budget is less

JBL SB200 will not go wrong. Do demo them before you can decide.

Edifier S530 @13k. From where you get this price?
Last I checked speakers are not available ion India at present.

Klipsch Promedia 2.1. I've always heard good things about Klipsch. The RMS is more than Edifier and a compact sound bar will give u "virtual" sound as compared to a proper 2.1 set-up. You can use 2.1 with any player but the sound bar can only be used with TV. Optical is useless without inbuilt decoders so you'll have to stick with analog sound coming out from the TV anyway. (unless you buy an AVR)

Last edited:
I was quoted Rs. 12700 from Edifier but this model is not available anywhere in India so I went ahead with the DA5000 Pro.
Edifier S530 @13k. From where you get this price?
Last I checked speakers are not available ion India at present.

Here are my thoughts:
Pros:
# Good value for money for 11k. With some tweaks in software or simply using Power DVD I get decent surround in DTS/Dolby 5.1 movies playing through my PC.
# There are many models in Edifier with features like FM/USB connectivity etc but they were low powered as compared to these. This model has only speakers and decent quality long cables which is a plus. I don't need FM and USB connection & other crap which I hardly use and I don't like to pay for features I don't use.
# Woofer is big and heavy and doesn't MOVE at all. Dont know if the bass is tight or boomy, it sounds decent and balanced.
Cons:
# Slightly weak center channel.
# Not suitable for halls and bigger rooms. Some users might find it underpowered.
# I would not rate it as audiophile grade :sos:
If you will be using it with onboard audio your experience might vary. I wanted to test them with my motherboards onboard audio but could not connect it in a 5.1 configuration. The steps are too tedious.

PS: Take my views with a grain of salt as I am not an audiophile.

How much do you rate DA5000 Pro in terms of sound quality.
How much did it cost?

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back