which one to choose? - Monitor BR5 @ 37k or MS Aviano 6 @ 36K

agreed this is a special deal tailored for you by your friend:licklips:....but refrain from posting such tailored personal deals........:eek:

talk in market reality rather than personal adjustments....:indifferent14:

Just chaos......:yahoo:

Point Taken :)

This forum has helped me a lot in understanding the Hi-Fi world, Which otherwise might took a month or two to do all these research by myself.

By all means I am for helping fellow Members and sharing the benifits, like I got help from Murali.

But in this case now, myself not sure about the deal. May be I have announced the deal prematurely. That is also for good cause - resulted in all kind of insights in to the deal.

If nothing negative meant from you, why I should I take it in Negative sense :licklips:

Glad to see that all is well :) I wish you all the best for your Amps purchase (may you get them at the price you mentioned:licklips:)

Glad to see that all is well :) I wish you all the best for your Amps purchase (may you get them at the price you mentioned:licklips:)

Thanks. :eek:hyeah:

Now My concern is not about the Price but about the Genuinity :rolleyes:

If both fine.... Great... :yahoo:

Ahem!
Getting back to the OP's original query as per the thread topic, Well, Mr Arivuchelvan, here are my two phooti kaudis.
Firstly, you MUST buy what sounds best to YOUR ears but do keep the u/m aspects in mind.

One, when you compare the two, one must realize that the MSs are rear ported while the MAs are front ported. Therefore, one must discern whether what you thought is "bass" was not really port noise from the front port of the MAs which may have sounded good with a certain type of music but may get very intrusive with other kinds of bass heavy music. Having said that, do remember that rear ports are disadvantageous in small rooms where one MUST have at least 1.5' of space between the rear baffle and the wall. Also, do keep in mind that the speakers will sound different in a home environment than a listening room. I heard a pair of BR6 and liked them a lot save the port noise factor which is actually inherent in a bass reflex design which is what most budget level towers are. Ports are a design compromise by themselves in the first place, created and tuned to enhance the bass response of a cabinet bt the tuning is very tough to get right especially in floorstanders due to the length of the column. Therefore, I recommend a transmission line or horn loaded design for the gents who are hell-bent on floorstanders. Since it is tough to get these in sub 50 k budget, I would recommend that you go in for GREAT front-ported bookshelves at this price with a sub thrown in. You cant go wrong with that as much as you can with budget towers.

Nevertheless, do ask yourself the question whether you want to go in for a pair of speakers or a piece(s) of furniture as well. In case you still want to go in only for these go for the MSs if you have a large room and the MAs in case you dont.

Regards

@arivuchelvan did you get the PM7004 at Rs 19500 a piece? I found a place where I can get it for Rs 40k, so anything lesser would be of interest.

Epos M12i is a better option than MA and MS A. Get a demo and you will know yourself. Price is just a little higher but its worth for Epos audio quality.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back