Which one to go (Dali , KEF , JAMO, INDIQ audio)

If you like KEF sound signature, get the stand-mounts and a good sub like REL/Rythmik.
The Q series towers are loose on bass. Stand-mounts are a better point source due to concentric drivers.
If you are not in a hurry, come to Bangalore, I'll show what stand mounts can do in a big room with a sub.

Cheers,
Raghu
+1 for this. With or without sub. There are some BS that can give some towers run for its price.

+1
After trying out several floorstanders (Quad, Goldenear Triton3, Adam Audio, Diamond Achals and Spendor A5R) I have settled down to bookshelf speakers and a Sub. The size of the listening room played a part in this as I moved from a large room to a smaller one.
The biggest advantage is that you can move the )active) SW to the best bass position and adjust the volume to taste- floorstanders with passive and fixed subs don’t have this flexibility.

Hi, while it is true about placement flexibility, I just want to point out that the "LF" drivers in floorstanders are not meant to be used as subs, they are intended to be a full range speaker to some degree, with various makes/models extending to different ranges. In general the LF drivers in them are more intended for midbass usage from 80-300Hz. Some do extend lower as part of the full range design but this does not mean you can't use subwoofers with them. If you use say a floorstander with a genuine response to 20Hz and if you subscribe to the multiple sub for smoothing theory then the floorstanders can act as 2 additional subs for smoothing the response, albeit with less flexibility in placement. If you prefer not to use the floorstanders then you can of course use some form of HPF to filter it at whatever desired frequency and let the subs take over from there. I think the floorstanders with actual extended response is for purists who do not wish to use a subwoofer

Hi, while it is true about placement flexibility, I just want to point out that the "LF" drivers in floorstanders are not meant to be used as subs, they are intended to be a full range speaker to some degree, with various makes/models extending to different ranges. In general the LF drivers in them are more intended for midbass usage from 80-300Hz. Some do extend lower as part of the full range design but this does not mean you can't use subwoofers with them. If you use say a floorstander with a genuine response to 20Hz and if you subscribe to the multiple sub for smoothing theory then the floorstanders can act as 2 additional subs for smoothing the response, albeit with less flexibility in placement. If you prefer not to use the floorstanders then you can of course use some form of HPF to filter it at whatever desired frequency and let the subs take over from there. I think the floorstanders with actual extended response is for purists who do not wish to use a subwoofer
And, of course nothing prevents us using Subwoofers to augment floorstanders. Many FS go to 45hz or a bit lower…so

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back