Which one to go for : Rel HT1508 Predator, SVS SB3000 or Rythmik (small form factor)

Hi friends,
Took the leap and went for the Rel Predator 1508. It got delivered to my place yesterday evening.

Firstly, I would like to thank the fellow members for the advice and suggestions given to me and HifiVision for helping to sell my previous subwoofer to make things happen.
I would specially like to thank Mpw(ex member), Prateek (ATAS), SijuSid , Vivek Batra and Jim ( non member) for taking a lot of their valuable time in reaching out and helping in taking a decision.
It's unboxed, but need to calibrate it. Bigger and heavier than I anticipated as compared to the SB3000 but top notch build quality and finish. Let's see how it goes.....
Many Congrats Sir, wish you happy times with the new sub.

@Nitin K you bought a bigger sub!:D
I don’t think you can go wrong with REL for quality lower frequency reproduction.
I do look forward to your first impressions of how the Rel Predator 1508 sounds.

Thanks a lot Analogous. I was expecting it to be a bit bigger than SB3000 but it sure is bigger and heavy. I still don't comprehend how people can stack up 3 of them, one on top of each other. Since it is not tall like the PC2000, it does not look very imposing in the room. I have placed it on a wooden base so it can be moved around easily. Will surely let you know from a layman's point of view after the break in period.

Hi friends,
Took the leap and went for the Rel Predator 1508. It got delivered to my place yesterday evening.

Firstly, I would like to thank the fellow members for the advice and suggestions given to me and HifiVision for helping to sell my previous subwoofer to make things happen.
I would specially like to thank Mpw(ex member), Prateek (ATAS), SijuSid , Vivek Batra and Jim ( non member) for taking a lot of their valuable time in reaching out and helping in taking a decision.
It's unboxed, but need to calibrate it. Bigger and heavier than I anticipated as compared to the SB3000 but top notch build quality and finish. Let's see how it goes.....
@Nitin K your are so modest Sir, I know nothing about Subs, not sure how and when I helped you;)

Congratulations for your new SW purchase..!
Thanks a lot Pks.k
@Nitin K Initial observations?

Will surely let you know DB1989 once its setup & does the break-in period. Initial observations are that it gave me a full workout while unboxing & keeping it in its place with my Tshirt totally drenched in sweat.
I really admire the strength & the resilience of the other FM's with bigger subs & how they do it :)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Pks.k

Will surely let you know DB1989 once its setup & does the break-in period. Initial observations are that it gave me a full workout while unboxing & keeping it in its place with my Tshirt totally drenched with sweat.
I really admire the strength & resilience of other FM's with bigger subs & how they do it :)
Here you go. Another one from john hunter himself though im sure you know how to break it in already:

Thanks a lot Analogous. I was expecting it to be a bit bigger than SB3000 but it sure is bigger and heavy. I still don't comprehend how people can stack up 3 of them, one on top of each other. Since it is not tall like the PC2000, it does not look very imposing in the room. I have placed it on a wooden base so it can be moved around easily. Will surely let you know from a layman's point of view after the break in period.
I am glad you acted on your instinct and chose what is likely to be a better sub.
In my understanding of Subs “size” matters - moving more air, at different speeds, at very quick intervals is a lot of work. To be done well, accurately is surely high technique and art.
if you can find the right spot and then use the SW as a pedestal for a vase or sculpture you may forgive its size?
Looking forward to hearing how it sounds.
Some useful tips from Hans B:

Last edited:
Hi friends,

Congrats on your new purchase.....looking forward to your review and pics....

Here you go. Another one from john hunter himself though im sure you know how to break it in already:

Thanks again DB1989, will surely see it . Heard it was 100 hours of playback for break in.

I am glad you acted on your instinct and chose what is likely to be a better sub.
In my understanding of Subs “size” matters - moving more air, at different speeds, at very quick intervals is a lot of work. To be done well, accurately is surely high technique and art.
if you can find the right spot and then use the SW as a pedestal for a vase or sculpture you may forgive its size?
Looking forward to hearing how it sounds.
Acted on the advice from FM's & later on instinct between Rel 1205 & 1508 since the 15 inch was supposed to be more faster & articulate. To avoid buyers remorse went for the 15 inch. Regarding placement, I am limited on that since it can be moved just a few inches here or there. It does not look very imposing in the room just more broader & deeper than the PC 2000 & . But may look smaller & weigh less than the PB 2000.

Attachments

• Rel_Top_B.jpg
    Rel_Top_B.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Rel_Top_A.jpg
    Rel_Top_A.jpg
    704.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Rel_front.jpg
    Rel_front.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Rel_Back.jpg
    Rel_Back.jpg
    897.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Rel_driver.jpg
    Rel_driver.jpg
    744.3 KB · Views: 62
Thanks again DB1989, will surely see it . Heard it was 100 hours of playback for break in.

Acted on the advice from FM's & later on instinct between Rel 1205 & 1508 since the 15 inch was supposed to be more faster & articulate. To avoid buyers remorse went for the 15 inch. Regarding placement, I am limited on that since it can be moved just a few inches here or there. It does not look very imposing in the room just more broader & deeper than the PC 2000 & . But may look smaller & weigh less than the PB 2000.
Holy moly. Looks incredible. :eek: :eek: :D:D

My apologies if i am bombarding you with videos but here you go on setup:

Elegant, huge and awesome!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back